Author Topic: Best Video Game Cover Art  (Read 6262 times)

Best Video Game Cover Art
« on: September 30, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Ok this year we have the celtics on two of the covers for nba games this year
Nba 2k9 - KG

Nba Live - Tony Parker

Nba 09' The Inside - Pierce, Kobe, Melo, Boozer, Wade, Lebron

Which one do you guys think is the best / Who else would you like to see on the cover?

Re: Best Video Game Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »

Offline I need a name

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
i don't usually get caught up in video game art but i do like the sharing of the cover more than 1 person, even if that 1 person is KG who is the man.  Tony parker is a gay frenchman tho, and that could be true in any cover year, so splitting it up is way better, don't get stuck with 1 gay frenchman, enough people are on it to even it out if there is someone you dont like

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
i don't usually get caught up in video game art but i do like the sharing of the cover more than 1 person, even if that 1 person is KG who is the man.  Tony parker is a gay frenchman tho, and that could be true in any cover year, so splitting it up is way better, don't get stuck with 1 gay frenchman, enough people are on it to even it out if there is someone you dont like

I agree, I like it cause PP is getting some love.  He never gets the respect he deserves around the league.  I wonder what his ratings are going to be like in the game. 

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »

Offline kharrig1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I gotta go with the KG pounding his chest.  He looks real legit.  I'm pumped about 2k9, so great. 
To the fact that NBA All-Star weekend happened in Las Vegas during the same weekend as Chinese New Year. Just remember this when 7-foot-3 Sino-American/African-American star Xin-Ling Stoudemire or Chow-Zang Arenas is drafted first in the 2028 NBA Draft. ~ Simmons

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

I agree, I like it cause PP is getting some love.  He never gets the respect he deserves around the league.  I wonder what his ratings are going to be like in the game. 

Sorry guys but Paul is getting a ton on of respect already when it comes to covers. Guess you're not familiar with the king of basketball games... BACKYARD BASKETBALL 2007!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18

It's kind of sad, but this game is the reason why I started following the Celtics/NBA.

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »

Offline FierceLikePaulPierce

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11

Sorry guys but Paul is getting a ton on of respect already when it comes to covers. Guess you're not familiar with the king of basketball games... BACKYARD BASKETBALL 2007!!!!!

I think about buying that game from the bargain bin sometimes solely because of the cover. Then I don't.

Speaking of basketball video games, I don't know how many people know about this, but this may be the most innovative one of 2008...

http://www.youtube.com/v/8F1cOvZ3nS8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/22/fan-made-charles-barkley-rpg-sees-full-release/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:54:12 PM by FierceLikePaulPierce »

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 04:50:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

dude don't sleep on backyard sports, my ten year old brother has a dynasty going in that game to rival the celtics lol.

it's actually a pretty solid b-ball game, simple as heck of course, but true to the rules and very fun. nothing wrong with that considering who it's marketed at.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:55:27 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 05:42:43 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett

It's kind of sad, but this game is the reason why I started following the Celtics/NBA.

Thats awesome!  I played that game so much I broke 2 N64 joysticks. 

With the theme of nba game covers, if you guys could pick 6 guys to be on the cover of a video game who would it be?

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 07:40:24 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i've always believed that nba live 98 was the greatest basketball game ever made...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I had NBA Live 04 and ESPN2k 05... I had open challenges, no matter how drunk or sleep deprived I was I would play anyone at anytime.  I lost one game in the 3 college years I left those challenges open, after two 40 ounces and about 2 hours of sleep.

And my friend will never let me forget.  Ever.  He beat my Celtics with the Magic, and Pat Garrity dropped 47 points.

Sorry, I had to share.

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 08:13:31 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
I had NBA Live 04 and ESPN2k 05... I had open challenges, no matter how drunk or sleep deprived I was I would play anyone at anytime.  I lost one game in the 3 college years I left those challenges open, after two 40 ounces and about 2 hours of sleep.

And my friend will never let me forget.  Ever.  He beat my Celtics with the Magic, and Pat Garrity dropped 47 points.

Sorry, I had to share.

Garrity was an all time great video game player.  It is a dam shame he retired, it would be awesome if they put guys like that on the cover of games.  The ones that were much better in the games then in real life. 

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 08:15:42 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
^ cool memory...

off topic, but i remember in college (wow - 17 years ago) my roomates and i were playing tony larussa baseball.  we were the florida marlins (can't remember who we were playing) but we each took turns playing an inning apiece.

jeff mutis was our pitcher and we pitched a no-hitter with him...amazing, since the guy sucked in real life.  it was down to the last out and a guy hit the ball to the wall and i had to leap at the wall and make a catch to preserve the no-no...we acted like a bunch of little kids when we achieved that.  never forget it...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 02:16:30 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

Sorry, I had to share.

Garrity was an all time great video game player.  It is a dam shame he retired, it would be awesome if they put guys like that on the cover of games.  The ones that were much better in the games then in real life. 

lol no kidding.  Garrity is an all nba-Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. video game character.  Of course, in all those games pretty much anyone that is a good 3 point shooter can go off for 50 in a game.  I also always enjoy using Yao Ming and getting 10 blocks 20 rebounds on guys.  I used to intentionally miss free throws because I could get the rebound and dunk it every time with Yao.

^ cool memory...

off topic, but i remember in college (wow - 17 years ago) my roomates and i were playing tony larussa baseball.  we were the florida marlins (can't remember who we were playing) but we each took turns playing an inning apiece.

jeff mutis was our pitcher and we pitched a no-hitter with him...amazing, since the guy sucked in real life.  it was down to the last out and a guy hit the ball to the wall and i had to leap at the wall and make a catch to preserve the no-no...we acted like a bunch of little kids when we achieved that.  never forget it...

It's funny, because if you had done that yourself it would've been nice.  But since it involved your friends, the story becomes epic.  Really though, it is harder to do something like that while trading off.

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett

Sorry, I had to share.

lol no kidding.  Garrity is an all nba-**** video game character.  Of course, in all those games pretty much anyone that is a good 3 point shooter can go off for 50 in a game.  I also always enjoy using Yao Ming and getting 10 blocks 20 rebounds on guys.  I used to intentionally miss free throws because I could get the rebound and dunk it every time with Yao.

^ cool memory...

It's funny, because if you had done that yourself it would've been nice.  But since it involved your friends, the story becomes epic.  Really though, it is harder to do something like that while trading off.

Thats normally so hard to do in basketball games because you can not really trade off the controller between friends.  Thats why NBA 09 is going to be real fun.  You can create a player with your buddies and take him through the story mode together and make decisions that effect your player.  IMO that is a lot more fun than throwing the controller back and forth at half time.  I can't wait to pick this game up next week.