Author Topic: Who are past generation's Shaun Livingstons?  (Read 10389 times)

Re: Who are past generation's Shaun Livingstons?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 02:29:11 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Look at his career statistics - meh is the word that comes to mind. Shawn Livingston is in an entirely different catergory. Mediocre players that C's fans love.. I put him with Robert Swift. And don't get me started with the "but he was so young" stuff. So was Telfair. Look at his numbers.

I mentioned Robert Swift in a previous post, so I'll giveth a TP since we're thinkin on the same wavelength.  In my opinion he's the only guy that really compares.  Its easy for people to mention Penny, Mcdyess, etc.  because for a period of time these players actually reached their potential and were putting up the numbers everyone expected them too.  Livingston was a tall/quick PG with HUGE upside coming out of high school, a very raw player.  No one is going to remember Livingston 20 years from now like someone else said, because he didnt do anything in the league before his injury.  Penny and Shaq took their team to the finals, completely different case...at least in the regard that the OP was referring too.

Jay Williams is really close too, but he even had 4 years of college under his belt, so in his first year or two we at least got a taste of what he was going to contribute in the NBA.

Robert Swift I think is the best comparison, because hes out of high school, was still very raw but showing flashes of what was to come, but then suffered a serious injury.  If Greg Oden's knee is never right again for some reason he'd be a great name to put on this list. 
Greg