Author Topic: Rumor: Livingston to Miami  (Read 2580 times)

Rumor: Livingston to Miami
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:43:26 AM »

Offline professorperkins

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 10
The pickup of Cassell makes this a moot point, but the Heat are rumored to have acquired some much needed help at the PG spot in the form of Shaun Livingston, according to Kevin McHale. I'm not sold on Livingston's ability to contribute considering he was a work in progress before his horrific injury.

http://ww3.startribune.com/blogs/wolves/2008/09/29/and-so-it-begins/
"Chicks dig the offensive rebound." - Max

Re: Rumor: Livingston to Miami
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:21:05 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Miami will still be weak at the pg position this year.  I don't think Livingston will help much this year.  How could he possibly guard points like Parker, Paul, and Rondo at 6'7" with a horrible knee?

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »

Offline Celtic Justice

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
He was really starting to come on in LA before his horrible injury.  The Clippers would actually have Livingston usually guard the 2 position and have Cuttino Mobley guard the pgs on defense.  Its really sad what happened to him, I really enjoyed watching him play, he was starting to look like a poor man's Magic Johnson (which is not a bad thing!) when he got hurt

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 10:07:42 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This makes a lot of sense for both parties.  Miami needs a PG, and a healthy Livingston would be a great compliment to Wade (although they would need to find a lights out shooter to put next to them).  And for Livingston, it gives him a real opportunity to play, and play for a team that could be decent.

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 10:26:37 AM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
The Heat need a C, Blount is not going to cut it.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 03:00:05 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
YEah. that team looks nice with Beasley and a healthy Wade, plus Marion, but they have to have a better Center. As for PG, I think Livingston will be great for them(as long as he stays healthy) I dunno, but they could be better with the right pieces...
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 06:34:03 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Hmm...personally I have some reservations about this move. Why do they need him? He's not even a good fit next to Wade, he was still a project before the injury and only God knows what he is know. Miami already has a decent prospect to develop in Chalmers, why going over the luxury tax to sign Livingston? Anyway, best of lucks to him.