Author Topic: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Cleveland Cavaliers  (Read 1636 times)

30 Teams In 30 Days: Cleveland Cavaliers
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:31:46 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
For those unfamiliar, basically what I'm doing is making decent-sized team previews, one per day in alphabetical order. Today's featured team is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Teaser:

The addition of Mo Williams could very well push Cleveland back into the cream of the Eastern Conference’s crop. Mike Brown now has extra flexibility to experiment with smaller lineups, yet still be effective. As long as this team continues to buy into what the coaching staff is preaching defensively, it’s hard to envision the Cavaliers being anything less than an enormous threat to win the East.

Read the Full Article Here

Tomorrow: Dallas Mavericks

Previous Entries:

30 Teams In 30 Days: Atlanta Hawks
30 Teams In 30 Days: Boston Celtics
30 Teams In 30 Days: Charlotte Bobcats
30 Teams In 30 Days: Chicago Bulls
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: 30 Teams In 30 Days: Cleveland Cavaliers
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:19:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'm looking forward to Tarence Kinsey getting another shot in the NBA. I was very surprised at how quickly Memphis discarded him after the quality performances he had at the end of that season, and also how nobody else came up and signed him. He could be a good addition for their squad.

I said earlier that I thought JJ Hickson was one of the keys to their squad. He doesn't necessarily need to be a high caliber player but he needs to be solid and contribute. It looks like Big Z is slowing down, and with that comes more minutes to the other bigs, which means Varjaeo and Big Ben on the court together ... which is horrific defensively. Hickson needs to come in and provide solid D, good rebounding and be a finisher around the basket. Someone who James can run the pick and roll with who's a threat.

I dislike how many in the media tear apart Cleveland's supporting cast. It's not so much the whole cast as it is the lack of 2nd star to play second fiddle to LeBron James. Once you get past that hole the Cavs have an excellent supporting cast. It's a good supporting cast, they just lack a second star. I think it's important to separate the two.

I have Cleveland ranked third in my power rankings out East (Boston, Phily) and I think they'll be a much greater force come playoff time than regular season ... for the regular season I think 50 wins is a solid mark for them to achieve. That $20mil in expiring contracts could changes considerably though.