Author Topic: A Trade that can satisfy all teams involved and gurantee us Banner 18!!!  (Read 4449 times)

Offline Nassau

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Ok guys I know this may seem crazy as all proposed 4 teams trades usually are unimaginable but how about this proposed trade of mine that include the world champion Boston Celtics,Indiana Pacers, Portland Trailblazers and Oklahoma Thunder and it goes likes this:
Boston Celtics Trades-
1)Gabe Pruitt point guard
2)Glen Davis  center
3)Tony Allen  shooting guard
4)Brian Scalabrine small forward

Traded to the Celtics-
1)Travis Outlaw
2)Sergio Rodriguez
3)Robert Swift

Indiana Pacers Trades-
1)Jamal Tinsley

Traded to Indiana
1)Gabe Pruitt
2)Joe  Smith

Portland Trailblazers Trades-
1)Sergio Rodriguez
2)Channing Fryre
3)Travis Outla

Traded to Portland
1)Tony Allen
2)Jamal Tinsley
3)Glen Davis
4)maybe a 2nd rounder from Celtics and 1st from Oklahoma will satisfy

Oklahoma Trades-
1)Robert Swift
2)Joe Smith

Traded to Oklahoma
1)Brian Scalabrine
2)Channing Fryre

This gives the Celtics a capable replacement for the loss of James Posey and scoring option in Travis Outlaw at the forward position also we would have a very decent backup point guard in Sergio Rodriguez. This will end all possibilities of Cassel as a player back in Boston as he would be able to fast forward his coaching career. Finally, Danny would be able to get Robert Swift, a talented center who has to yet to make an impact in the league however, I can't see the fans from seattle/oklahoma considering him a major loss. We would be able to maximize his potential once healty, with the help from the guru of teaching big men how to play ball, Mr.Clifford Ray. I know he is another project but there has to be something about this guy that Danny knows that can help our team. (We also get to eliminate the log jam or the battle between Powe and Davis as well.)
This trade for Indiana I feel is fair because they will get a young skilled point gurad in Pruitt with lots of years to be groomed and a journey man like Joe Smith to solidy the forward position after the loss of O'neil shouldnt be bad either. Also if Indiana could have gotten more for Tinsley at this point I think he would have been traded by now.

Portland does this trade because as I read earlier of Outlaw and Rodriguez want to have more impact on the game in terms of minutes and in Travis' case he wants to be a starter which is quite possible at the small forward position on our team. With the farm of talent in Portland a year's rental of Tinsley plus the option of putting the 4-headed beast on the floor that is Oden, Lemarcus Alridge,Joel Pryzbrilla and Big Baby with Roy would be too sweet to miss out on lol Tony Allen would be a nice athletic acquisiton as well for a running offense.

Oklahoma Trades an often injured center who it seems could never get on the court because of health/conditioning issues in Robert Swift and replaces him with a young athletic shot blocking Channing Fryre. Brian Scalabrine is considered a "smart" player by some but is indeed servicable and plays within a team concept so he should atleast make up some for Joe Smith. I think they still come out on top with this trade.

Let me know what you think guys am I crazy or have too much time on my hands lol

Re: A Trade that can satisfy all teams involved and gurantee us Banner 18!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 12:30:13 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Horrible trade for the Blazers. They give up 3 great young players and get nothing in return. Doesn't make sense for any team.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 12:40:10 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't think there is any player in that trade worth near as much as Oklahoma's 1st round pick, so that definitely won't be in the deal.

Also, if you mention Scal as a positive, you know your trade idea is bad. Any trade involving Scal should include a team willing to take on his contract because they: (a) dump another contract; of (b) get an exceptional player in return.

Also, that trade does not guarantee a banner. It might improve the talent level, but few trades could guarantee a championship. A trade for Dwight Howard would guarantee a championship, barring major injuries.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 12:58:46 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I feel as though anytime I criticize a trade idea without taking the time and making the effort to come up with one myself, I at the very least owe a TP.  So one to you Nassau, for taking the time to draw this up.

That said, among my complaints:

...I'm with guava; not seeing Outlaw-Sergio-Swift as a guarantee of anything.  Intriguing, sure.  But no guarantee.

...I'm with BigAl - so because a couple of Portland's players would like more minutes (and yes, I've read similar stuff about Outlaw, likely the same Jason Quick article from the Oregonian), they should dump young talents and fail to receive comparable value in return?  And take on a bad locker room guy (Tins) to boot?

...finally, I'm a bit confused by the following:

in Travis' case he wants to be a starter which is quite possible at the small forward position on our team

And the reigning NBA Finals MVP will be headed where exactly?

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 01:58:46 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

in Travis' case he wants to be a starter which is quite possible at the small forward position on our team

And the reigning NBA Finals MVP will be headed where exactly?

-sw

My thoughts exactly. The only part I disagree with the group and agree with Nassau partially is the benefit to us. As most all trade threads posted on this site, we always walk away with gold in exchange for junk. Tony,Pruitt,Scal,BBD for Sergio,Swift, and Outlaw. To me I see us giving up on Pruitt(fine w/me)Ridding ourselves of Scal(YEAAAH)Moving past Tony Allen(more minutes for House)and trading away a PT successful BBD(no more PF logjam though). For that we get a gem in Outlaw(But would NEVER see starter minutes w/o an injury to big 3)and we get an always injured ugly Swift and Sergio who I've never seen play. To me, those parts of the trade look nice, but the rest of the trade with other teams doesn't even look possible. Portland gets shafted and OKC would never trade away a 1st rounder for nothing. Also, I wouldn't give up on Sam yet, as I would prefer him with a Celt year experience over Sergio whoever Rodriguez...
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 05:53:09 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'm starting to genuinely hate trade proposals.

They're up there, much more than a pet peeve.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:57:40 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
My first reaction to this was:
"Robert Swift plays for Oklahoma?  I didn't know Seattle traded him.... oh, never mind."
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
This is a meaningless game that doesn't help all teams involved.  And it certaintly does not guarantee #18 in the slightest.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
This was almost worthy of a Tommy Point until I got to the bottom of the trade proposal and saw Scalabrine, yet again, in the mix.

He ain't getting traded, folks.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 06:25:30 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Portland and Oklahoma City get the short end of the stick here.  Not to mention, I believe Swift signed his qualifying offer, which means he can veto any trade.  Although I am sure he would like to go to Boston, I don't know if his agent would allow him to give up his bird rights like that.

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
why do we want to satisfy all teams? lol