Author Topic: Jason Williams retires??  (Read 5448 times)

Jason Williams retires??
« on: September 26, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54556/20080926/jason_williams_retires/

He's not that old..
no major injuries in his career..
is he retiring too early??

Re: Jason Williams retires??
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:13:32 PM »

Offline dmorrison22

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
What??? No way. I don't believe it. J Will still has some game left in him. But if you want to see a solid preview on the Celts check out this article

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/61771-30-teams-in-30-days-boston-celtics

I think the guy who wrote it is going to be writing one on J Will soon too, I found all this at bleacherreport.com, its a good place to find quality articles.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:31:39 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
I thought CelticBalla32 wrote that article Dmorrison22, I am wrong?
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 05:36:11 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
He made a forum topic about the 30 teams in 30 days already.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
JWill or JDub has been plagued with knee problems since the championship year with Miami. What I don't understand is how he signed for LAL, and hasn't played a game or practice or anything...he just retires? I would have expected him refuse any offers from teams b/c he plans or considers retiring. Oh well...so what happens to his money? Does he still get paid, or not, and does LAL have to eat his contract? And...who's next to fill that void, possibly Livingston?
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 06:27:34 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
JWill or JDub has been plagued with knee problems since the championship year with Miami. What I don't understand is how he signed for LAL, and hasn't played a game or practice or anything...he just retires? I would have expected him refuse any offers from teams b/c he plans or considers retiring. Oh well...so what happens to his money? Does he still get paid, or not, and does LAL have to eat his contract? And...who's next to fill that void, possibly Livingston?

I put up money that Marbury signs with the Clippers now.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 06:54:38 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

Maybe he put some of that new Cali weed into his white chocolate and failed a drug test and is busting a "Ricky Williams" and just retiring. I doubt that's the case, but a possibility.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:22:09 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Wow. Too bad for the Clips. Signed him for nothing.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 07:47:28 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
No surprise. He wasn't a NBA level player anymore.

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

eh, i don't think thats true, but he certainly wasn't starting/6th man level anymore, but certainly alot of teams could use him off the bench.

ma bey he tried to get it back in gear, and just felt it was his time after trying to get ready for the season. Not all guys want to play forever and grow old with shot knees and other assorted injuries. 10 years is a good career.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 08:50:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
100% correct

This is a very good day for the LA Clippers. Jason Williams was going to do nothing except hurt them on the basketball court.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 02:40:50 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Jason Williams was simply spectacular in his first years in the league...I watched the Kings games just to check if he made one of those crazy passes, it was really nice to watch... I think he must have been one of those uncoachable players, or maybe he just didn't progress well. In any case, i always thought he would have a better career, probably too many losing games in Memphis...

I wanted the Celts to sign him this summer, but I guess it was a great decision not to try after all.

Thanks for the crazy games, JWIll

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »

Offline moskqq

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Jason said that he just couldn't get motivated to play again.  For a 10 year player that comment is the "death knell".  Even over-the-hill players seem motivated but when that spark is missing it's a sure sign to stay away.....

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
This really is bizarre - there is no way this is permanant ala Keith Foulke.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 12:00:47 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
This really is bizarre - there is no way this is permanant ala Keith Foulke.

i don't know, if you read the article on espn, it just sounds like he's had enough of basketball.

not every player, as i said, milks every last second out of basketball and goes out kicking and screaming with a broken down body. He's had a decent career, and made alot of money.

some guys just know when its time to walk away.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion