Author Topic: Favorite non-Celtic Rookie  (Read 8629 times)

Re: Favorite non-Celtic Rookie
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 10:58:06 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
The Wizards drafted this guy at 18, and he's like a Patrick O'Bryant with a motor. Hopefully O'Bryant plays like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQUx3Ny2Pc

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 11:35:54 PM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
1. Donte Greene
2. Kevin Love
3. Robin Lopez
4. JJ Hickson
5. Eric Gordon
6. Courtney Lee
7. DJ Augustine
8. Jason Thompson
9. Joey Dorsey
10. Shan Foster (overseas for the year)

Giddens and Walker were very high on my list of players to watch, but they are on the Celtics, so they don't qualify for this post

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
kings fan here, so Jason Thompson and Donte Greene .. Greene reminds me of GG so thats a little scary.

Bobby Brown is intersting too ..

Bobby Brown has incredible talent and potential. I remember suggesting that Ainge should go after him to be our backup pg at the beginning of the off-season.

It's always a crap shot to predict how well he'll do, especially considering his so-so defense and the very different role he's going to be playing, but he has all the tools to succeed. In my view, he would benefit from staying in Europe one more year, allowing Pavicevic to coach him up a little more or maybe playing for a top-notch team, and polish his game further. Still, you have a potential gem there in SacTown. Add a more consistent jump-shot, a steady defensive effort and some experience running half-court sets and you have a fringe All-Star in the making.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 11:42:18 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Kevin Love - how can't you be excited to watch the nephew of the Beach Boys' frontman whose favorite player besides Kevin McHale happens to be George Mikan

Joey Dorsey - has the potential to be the next Ben Wallace

Chris Douglas Roberts - it will be interesting to see if he can outlive the NCAA Finals choke at the free-throw line...if he can, he has all the tools to be a solid role player in this league for years to come
God bless and good night!

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 11:53:47 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
JR Giddens and Bill Walker for me.

Way to go out on a limb, Champ.

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 01:46:46 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
For me it's 2 second rounders. Nathan Jawai from downunder in Toronto and Chris Douglas-Roberts, I just love his game at the college level.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 05:18:21 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 06:28:08 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
kings fan here, so Jason Thompson and Donte Greene .. Greene reminds me of GG so thats a little scary.

Bobby Brown? Eh, I guess that's your prerogative ;)

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 08:24:52 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
The Wizards drafted this guy at 18, and he's like a Patrick O'Bryant with a motor. Hopefully O'Bryant plays like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQUx3Ny2Pc

Wait your saying POB can do this stuff?  Please show me another youtube clip.  Let's get him a new motor, preferably a V8. ;)

This kid might have the coolest name I've heard in a while in this league.  McGee?  C'mon?  Doesn't get much better than that. 

His dunks are sick too.  At 240 though he definitely needs to bulk up.  Pierce would send him flying right now.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 10:46:05 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
"Wait your saying POB can do this stuff?  Please show me another youtube clip.  Let's get him a new motor, preferably a V8. Wink"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJilDqw8JOY&eurl=http://celticsblog.com/?option=com_smf&Itemid=64&topic=22661.msg363229

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Rose, Mayo, Love and I'll give another nod to Bobby Brown.

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I'm interested in seeing:

Jason thompson (and not just bc he's on the fake magics :)) he looked good in summer leaugue after be picked what I thought was too high.

OJ mayo and kevin love -- I think either would have been good fits in minny and think both will be very good.

JJ hickson -- continue to think that ORL shoulda taken him over Lee (who I do like but their desperate for PF help.

Speights -- under acheived during his brief career at UF, ill be interested to see if he can reach his potential. He's in a good situation to develop behind Elton Brand.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2008, 11:32:02 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Bobby Brown? Eh, I guess that's your prerogative ;)

I for one laughed at this. TP

Im rooting for, in this order,

Donte Greene-Cuse guy, I think he can be special.
Greg Oden-Everybody loves Greg oden
Rudy Fernandez-The Blazers are my second favorite team..the rockets used to be but I don't wanna get on the artest wagon.
Danilo Gallinari-something about the marbury-less knicks makes me hope they don't suck. And this kid is supposedly hard nosed and very talented.
Darrel Arthur-I like guys that slip in the draft for dumb reasons then prove the world wrong
Micheal Beasley-See above

Rookies Im hating on:
Eric Gordon: I hate the little man 2 guards that can't play point (other than Eddie House). I also irrationally hate Ben Gordon. And Flash Gordon.
Jason Thompson: I hate "hype" picks.
Jarryd Bayless: I want Sergio Rodriguez to see the light of day.
George Hill: Cuz I think San Antonio is smug enough as it is.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2008, 02:21:32 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Darrel Arthur

Would also like to see him be able to bounce back after what he suffered in the draft.

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2008, 02:36:34 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Rookies Im hating on:
Eric Gordon: I hate the little man 2 guards that can't play point (other than Eddie House). I also irrationally hate Ben Gordon. And Flash Gordon.

Really?    I generally love the little man 2-guards (except for Ben Gordon of course).  In order to be a sub-6'4 SG you need to have an incredible amount of toughness and fire and those are my favorite players to watch.  Player's such as DWade, Monta Ellis, what Randy Foye should have been if they hadn't tried to make him a PG, Iverson, Jamal Crawford (even though he is 6'5).  If they don't have that toughness then they turn into a Ben Gordon or a Deshawn Stevenson.

From what little I've seen I think Eric Gordon has that fire in him.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.