Author Topic: Celtics Ticket Buying Experiences (merged)  (Read 12244 times)

Celtics Ticket Buying Experiences (merged)
« on: September 26, 2008, 11:18:33 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Just seeing what games people got tickets too (who don't have season tickets obviously).

I bought tickets to 2 games on Wednesday for the pre-sale.

Detroit 11/20
New Orleans 12/12

Then today I purchased tickets to 5 more games:
Miami 3/18
Toronto 1/12
Philly 11/28
Orlando 3/8
Houston 1/7

All the games I got the 10$ tickets (except the Hornets game) since I'm a poor graduate student.
 So what did everyone else get?

Re: Did anyone else buy tickets today?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
Waited in line at the garden, got screwed out of opening night, still ended up getting 4 tickets to see phili, 2 cheap ones for detroit on march 1st and, and 2 single cheap ones for L.A.

Got there at 7am, but like i predicted got screwed in the random selection system, and didnt get to the ticket window until like 10:45..

oh well, go celts

Re: Did anyone else buy tickets today?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:31:32 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I bought all mine through ticketmaster.

Ticket Nightmare
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
So this morning I tried, and like so many others failed to get tickets to the season opener against the Cavaleirs. Frustrated I tried a few other sites until I got onto Ticketsnow.com where I thought I found tickets for next to list price. I surveyed over and over to make sure the site seemed clean and then bought 4 tickets at 50 each (which is a sizeable amount for me). Checked my email to find out that I bought preseason tickets to see the Nets and neither Bank of America or Tickets Now could put a stop on it.

So what I want to know is; who knows some good jokes

Re: Celtics Ticket Buying Experiences (merged)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
I only wanted opening night.  I tried a few times for a couple pairs of tix, with no luck.  I then kept trying for singles.  I got a single in row 1 right behind the Cav's Bench, and then another single in the Loge.  I am a happy camper. 

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
There are a ton of tickets up on ebay already, but predictably Opening Night seats are going for some silly dollars.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 12:27:59 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Did anyone get a feel for the percentage in which the prices went up?  I had thought they were only going up 10% or so (thats what my season tickets did), but from what I am hearing, the individual game tickets went up much more substantially.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Wow, that sucked. I'll be in town in time to catch only 1 game... which must have sold out 20 minutes after 10 EST.... and yet there are hundreds of tickets available on stubhub.... gee thanks. another markup...  :'(

Oh well, its the price we pay for having a good team. I'd rather have it this way then being able to get any seat in the house during the ML Carr era!   ;D

Re: Ticket Nightmare
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 01:21:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
So this morning I tried, and like so many others failed to get tickets to the season opener against the Cavaleirs. Frustrated I tried a few other sites until I got onto Ticketsnow.com where I thought I found tickets for next to list price. I surveyed over and over to make sure the site seemed clean and then bought 4 tickets at 50 each (which is a sizeable amount for me). Checked my email to find out that I bought preseason tickets to see the Nets and neither Bank of America or Tickets Now could put a stop on it.

On the bright side, what are the odds there will be another ice melt cancellation for that one?
Yup

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
You can probably buy opening night tickets through stubhub.com
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 02:16:38 PM »

Offline Gino

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Did anyone get a feel for the percentage in which the prices went up?  I had thought they were only going up 10% or so (thats what my season tickets did), but from what I am hearing, the individual game tickets went up much more substantially.

My season tickets went from $15 to $18 (20%).

I bought three games today, Philly 11/28 and Orlando 12/1 for the $10 seats and Chicago 10/31 for $36.  Had no problem through Ticketmaster this morning.

Re: Ticket Nightmare
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »

Offline im right

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4

I know a good joke.... Start Orien! Just kidding that sucks. I got 2 on stubhub to the Denver game in the #7 lodge in row 11 for $180, about $70 more than last year to the Hornets game in the same area.  Going through the Cs webpage this morning was pretty bad
"I shoot close range like Danny Ainge"-Biggie Smalls

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 02:23:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

My seasons went from $35 to $38. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »

Offline gocelts34

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I went in to the Garden today and waited in line. Got there at 6:15ish in the morning and was #15 in line. I got everything I wanted...

October 28th vs. Cleveland
December 12th vs. New Orleans
December 23rd vs. Philadelphia
January 25th vs. Dallas
February 5th vs. Los Angeles Lakers
March 18th vs. Miami

All $10 seats

I'm so pumped for the opener!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 03:12:29 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
I got one game so far; bought 'em off a friend. I'm going to Celtics/Grizzlies on March 13 - I get to see my man O.J. Mayo.

I'm getting others soon, and hopefully against competitive teams. I suddenly have money to spend on these because my mom just asked me if I've figured out what I want for a graduation gift (pretty sick - didn't even care about getting one). I could use it for extra car insurance money, gas, etc. But I'm gonna use it to buy as many Celtics tickets as I can... you know, the responsible thing.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/