Author Topic: Landry receives 3=year offer from Bobcats  (Read 1626 times)

Landry receives 3=year offer from Bobcats
« on: September 24, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Its for 3-years worth 9 million dollars.  The Rockets reportedly offered him half of that, but are expected to match.  Daryl Morey also said in a recent interview that Dorsey will be signed by the end of the week and they still want Mutumbo for one more year. Which would make their roster 17 plus 2-4 guys they are bringing to camp.  Seems like somebody from their team will be available do they have anybody we want through trade or waivers.  Here's my list

Luther Head (Eddie House just younger...don't need him)
DJ. Strawberry (may fill the need that Gabe Pruitt may not be able to and he's a superb defender and decent passer)
Steve Francis (an experienced combo guard that might be the perfect backup for Rondo who doesn't look like he wants to be a star at this phase of his career).

Whaddya think?

Re: Landry receives 3=year offer from Bobcats
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Decent contract for Landry, considering the concerns about his knee. Are you sure the Rockets are matching? They seemed genuinely irked with his refusal to do a MRI.

Franchise is probably over as a basketball player. Besides being too injury prone, if Houston waives him that's a clear sign he has very little left on the tank. He was always very dependent on his athleticism and explosiveness, and without that he's not really that good. Also, saying he doesn't want to be the star anymore doesn't mean he can be functional on a lesser role.

Strawberry and Head, what you said. With so many strawberry fans on these boards, I suppose getting DJ would be a PR coup. I don't see much of a point, as we already have a starting PG who can't shoot.