Author Topic: Patriots getting owned  (Read 5794 times)

Patriots getting owned
« on: September 21, 2008, 03:34:44 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
This is just one of those games where it was just an all around terrible game.  Offense couldn't do crap, defense couldn't stop anyone, and with the inclusion of the Dolphins actually having a pretty good game, this is what you get.

Cassell looked like the way he should've played last week.

Honestly, I'm not as mad as I thought I would be.  It's only week 3 and we do have a bye next week to look over this monstrosity.

Couple things that actually worry though is that this defense looked the worst I've seen in a long time.  They made Chad Pennington look like Tom Brady, Ronnie Brown look like Barry Sanders, and Anthony Fasano look like Tony Gonzalez.

Also...with this type of game, this is where I'm gonna start to get a little nervous about the mindset of Randy Moss.  If he was catching alot of balls this game in a loss, I wouldn't be worried at all.  But he's not getting catches and we're getting blown out in the process.  Not a good combination for any receiver, but especially Randy Moss.

Re: Patriots getting owned
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:39:45 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
What's the score right now? I'm doing work.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What's the score right now? I'm doing work.

38-13.

This is Redz' fault; he picked the Pats in our "three strikes" pool.  That's been the kiss of death so far this season.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 04:33:41 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
What makes this sucks even more is that they lost to the Dolphins. They're one of the worst teams in the league! (Dolphins)
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
What makes this sucks even more is that they lost to the Dolphins. They're one of the worst teams in the league! (Dolphins)

I actually feel better about it because it was the Dolphins.  It would be one thing if the Pats actually got beaten like that by a good team, but today was a clear case of the Pats completely overlooking the Dolphins, and not realizing that they aren't able to do that anymore. 

Don't get me wrong, it definitely was worrisome to see the lack of killer instinct on this team (I would have hoped that losing Brady would have motivated them better), but I don't think it tells us much about the team (although it does raise some concerns about Cassell).

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 05:22:41 PM »

Offline moskqq

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
We lacked a defensive co-ordinator against the Giants in the Super Bowl and we lacked a good defensive co-ordinator today againt the Dolphins.  Good teams make quick adjustments and it starts with the coaching.

The players need to be ready to play as well....

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
We lacked a defensive co-ordinator against the Giants in the Super Bowl and we lacked a good defensive co-ordinator today againt the Dolphins.  Good teams make quick adjustments and it starts with the coaching.

The players need to be ready to play as well....

This wasn't an X's and O's thing.  You don't get gashed by a running game like that because of a gameplan.  This was a team that was already on their bye week in their heads.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 06:27:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
ugghh
Yup

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 07:20:54 PM »

Offline blazingarrow

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 45
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2286_The_most_underrated_quarterbacks.html

Go read that article. Chad Pennington is a legit GOOD quarterback.

It doesn't help when the opposing team can't stop the run, that always make a quarterback's job easier.

Or that Cassell looked like...well...Cassell.

Obviously the Pats weren't going to run the table again, but they have an easy schedule. This was one of those "shouldn't lose" games.

I don't like to get into "maybe this will give them motivation" or "they needed to lose one to take the pressure off" or blah blah blah, because I'm not a team psychology expert.

All I can say was they played like absolute garbage.

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 07:28:19 PM »

Offline blazingarrow

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 45
I just checked the ESPN.com write up

Another case of making up or exaggerating stories just for the sake of it

A lot of people walked out, but I didn't hear any of the fans booing their own team.

That's fiction.

No one even seemed the worked up about it, to be honest.

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 07:37:17 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

A lot of people walked out, but I didn't hear any of the fans booing their own team.

That's fiction.

I don't know what ESPN said, but the crowd pretty clearly booed the team into the lockeroom at halftime.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 07:48:49 PM »

Offline Celtsfan33/34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
All I have to say about this is.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  By the DOLPHINS??  HAHAHAHA.  8-8 season here you come.  Where are all the people talking about how great the Pats D-Line is??  HAHAHAHA. 

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 07:57:49 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
All I have to say about this is.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  By the DOLPHINS??  HAHAHAHA.  8-8 season here you come.  Where are all the people talking about how great the Pats D-Line is??  HAHAHAHA. 

Baiting / trolling is not permitted.  Please don't do it again. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18

That's fiction.

I don't know what ESPN said, but the crowd pretty clearly booed the team into the lockeroom at halftime.
I was at the game and I stayed until the bitter end, but I think the fans were booing the play calling at the end of the half and not the team. They did however boo Matt Cassel a couple of times.