Author Topic: Michael Beasley: In trouble already  (Read 15669 times)

Re: Michael Beasley: In trouble already
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 07:11:35 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
How many titles has he won without the Daddy?

Answer: None.

Anyone besides me remember Colorado?

How many titles did Jordan win without Pippen?  How many titles did Magic win without Kareem?  Are those guys losers too?  Kobe plowed through a crazy tough western conference and took the C's to 9 games with a pretty average roster.  Dude deserves credit for it.

In regards to Colorado, you must have a selective memory, since the charges were thrown out before it went to trial. 

Kobe bugs the crap out of me, but the amount of hate he gets from fans is laughable.

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »

Offline kgiessler

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 96
Thank heavens I wasn't drafted at 19 to a position where I'd be scrutinized like this.  I mean, this isn't exactly a violent crime he's committed.  Hanging out with women in his room?!  Maybe some...gulp...weed in the air!?!  If it was me at 19, they'd have to put me under the jail!

I don't know what job you had at 19, but if you were smoking on the job, you were pretty irresponsible.

He's at rookie camp.  Did you ever go to a training conference?  Its the same thing.

When I was 19, at jobs where I made less than $8 an hour, and had no intentions of staying there for more than 6 months, I paid attention and complied by their rules.  And I don't think I'm in the minority with that.  This guy stands to build a career and make millions, and he can't stay focused before he's even started?

Most people would get fired at this point, not fined some measly percentage of their starting salary.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:20:16 AM by kgiessler »
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do." - Franklin

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 10:24:12 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Like the old saying goes "birds of a feather flock together",Beasley had a choice,either stay in the room,run the risk of being associated with something wrong,or leave the room until the smoke clears,so to speak.Usually we always have options in everything we do in life.Young or old,making the right decision will always confront you,no matter what you do.

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Like the old saying goes "birds of a feather flock together",Beasley had a choice,either stay in the room,run the risk of being associated with something wrong,or leave the room until the smoke clears,so to speak.Usually we always have options in everything we do in life.Young or old,making the right decision will always confront you,no matter what you do.

Can we make expressly clear that none of us know exactly what he did? It's all speculation.

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 10:46:04 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Can we make expressly clear that none of us know exactly what he did? It's all speculation.

Okay, but I'm sure we can all agree he's guilty of some kind of wrongdoing. And proper behavior - on and off the court - is part of his job.

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Out here in Big 12 land, no one is surprised: About Beasley, Chalmers or Arthur.

Some of us are funny about character. Strong character wins. See KG. Weak character doesn't. See Kobe.

OK, Kobe bugs the crap out of me and I don't like him, but how can we categorize him as not being a winner?  Because he lost in the Finals to the Celtics?

yea, that doesn't make any sense, good call redz.

Either a Scalabrine trade proposal or a cheapshot at Kobe.  Both get real old.
Kobe is as much a winner and probably just as nice a guy as anybody on our roster.  Scal ain't getting traded or cut.   

If the Jayhawks can't stay out of trouble this early in their careers, I'd make more of a JR Rider comparison. 

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Well, now we know. He was in the room, he hided from the security and he lied about his involvement.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/700375.html

Well, I am going to get flamed for this -- but I think he should great character by not snitching his friends out.  The NBA, clearly peaved about this - dropped a huge fine on him.

It turns out that his friends were the ones that didn't snitch him (and I don't consider that a good thing, that "let's ride this together" mentality doesn't have an history of working well).