Author Topic: Michael Beasley: In trouble already  (Read 15616 times)

Re: Michael Beasley: In trouble already
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 03:56:15 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
A buddy of mine who works in the NBA told me that this story would break a week ago.

Beasley's side of the story was that he was in the room when Arthur and chalmers were smoking.

Im not defending the guy as it seems like he was an immature guy from the start but he didn't get busted, lets see how he does the rest of the way.

I think he'll wise up and stay out of trouble.

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 05:06:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Every initial report (on sites like ESPN) I saw had Beasley in the room. They changed the reports (removed Beasley) 30 minute to an hour later when they couldn't get verification.

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 05:13:27 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
If anyone can shake him up and sort him out it's Pat Riley. Otherwise the kid is doomed to be a failure and Riley will end up moving him like he's done so many times before.

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 07:43:59 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Out here in Big 12 land, no one is surprised: About Beasley, Chalmers or Arthur.

Some of us are funny about character. Strong character wins. See KG. Weak character doesn't. See Kobe.

OK, Kobe bugs the crap out of me and I don't like him, but how can we categorize him as not being a winner?  Because he lost in the Finals to the Celtics?

How many titles has he won without the Daddy?

Answer: None.

Anyone besides me remember Colorado?
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
the dude is freaking 19.

but yeah. yall are right. it's too late for him to grow out of his pattern of behavior. it's not like people just get more mature as the progress into their 20's and turn into adults. anyone who's gonna be a decent, hard-working professional is already one by the time they're 13.

He gave up his "I am only 19" when he decided to give up his collage career and join the grown up league. 

He wants to be payed like a man, he is going to be judged that way. 

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
the dude is freaking 19.

but yeah. yall are right. it's too late for him to grow out of his pattern of behavior. it's not like people just get more mature as the progress into their 20's and turn into adults. anyone who's gonna be a decent, hard-working professional is already one by the time they're 13.

He gave up his "I am only 19" when he decided to give up his collage career and join the grown up league. 

Yep. 

Plus, how many players have come into the league -- at whatever age -- with a lengthy history of trouble-making, and then turned into model citizens and team leaders?  Very few.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Derrick Coleman Part 2

Agree 100%.

That having been said, how about Scali, TA and Baby for Beasley?   ;)
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 11:31:42 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

Plus, how many players have come into the league -- at whatever age -- with a lengthy history of trouble-making, and then turned into model citizens and team leaders?  Very few.

I think it's a little presumptuous to even have this thread without knowing what he did, but that's not the point. Lengthy history of trouble making? What did he do again? Played some pranks on a teacher? Come on. You can't declare him to be an immature bust as a 19 year old before he steps on the court. He seemed to mature just fine at K. State.

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 11:33:13 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney

Fine, but how about waiting until he steps on the court before you judge him? That's not right. That's how he'll earn his paycheck.

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 11:34:07 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The Angry Pickles still have faith in him (CB Fantasy draft nerdo reference)...I'm not ready to bury him before he plays a game either.
Yup

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 11:36:43 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The Angry Pickles still have faith in him (CB Fantasy draft nerdo reference)...I'm not ready to bury him before he plays a game either.

Beasley *and* Starbury.  The Pickles are all over the news.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Thank heavens I wasn't drafted at 19 to a position where I'd be scrutinized like this.  I mean, this isn't exactly a violent crime he's committed.  Hanging out with women in his room?!  Maybe some...gulp...weed in the air!?!  If it was me at 19, they'd have to put me under the jail!

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 11:56:35 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Beasley looks stoned in all those 'the rookie' videos on ESPN.

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Fine, but how about waiting until he steps on the court before you judge him? That's not right. That's how he'll earn his paycheck.

When he signed his contract he obliged himself to comply to more than just stepping on the court and play hard and well.

This episode shows he's not very committed to honor his word. That's what matters here:

Professional players with this kind of mindset generally tend to fail. Successful players are disciplined, responsible and focused on complying with their obligations. This is what is certainly making the Heat organization worried, not the girls and the weed.

Maybe he'll learn from the experience, but it's still a big orange flag.

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney

This episode shows he's not very committed to honor his word. That's what matters here:

Please. What did he do that didn't honor his word? Yeah, I don't know either - because we don't know what he did.

Every initial report (on sites like ESPN) I saw had Beasley in the room. They changed the reports (removed Beasley) 30 minute to an hour later when they couldn't get verification.

I'd like to note that it was only ESPN who had this initial report, which other outlets piggybacked off of. ESPN removed it after 30 minutes. They were the only ones to report Beasley being in the room and subsequently removed it.

Professional players with this kind of mindset generally tend to fail. Successful players are disciplined, responsible and focused on complying with their obligations. This is what is certainly making the Heat organization worried, not the girls and the weed.

Again, how do you know what his mindset is when it comes to basketball? Heck, you don't even know what he did to warrant a fine. Is there something secret you know about Beasley that we don't? Judging from the way he played at Kansas State, if anything, there is even more indication that he will step on the court, play hard and play well.

When he signed his contract he obliged himself to comply to more than just stepping on the court and play hard and well.

1. We don't know what he did. 2. I'm curious - what else did he oblige himself to?