Author Topic: Marbury expected to be released.  (Read 25465 times)

Re: Marbury expected to be released.
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 03:50:11 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I'm saying this under my breath so no one really hears me.

"I'd quite like to see Stephon Marbury in Celtics Green."

:-[

Seriously.....why?     

Because he's still got great talent, he has good history with KG and if his head was right he would be the best back-up point in the NBA. Although, I'd like the name "Starbury" dropped.
Has a good history with KG? Any links?

I just remember the article 2 weeks ago with KG telling Marbury's cousin that Marbury was crazy. I also remember Marbury bolting from the t-wolves.

"This town [Minny] is too small for both of us", said Marbury once. They have been bickering each other since then.

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 03:52:28 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Why do people assume he still has great talent?  He hasn't been above average in years, and even when he was in his prime his teams consistenly lost. 

I don't know. Good question.

I really hope the Celtics don't make the mistake of signing this guy. Marbury is a straight up cancer.

Cancer survival rates have been increasing. I don't think this is a fair comparison.

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I really hope the Celtics don't make the mistake of signing this guy. Marbury is a straight up cancer.

My thought exactly. He's a proven loser. Even if he put up decent numbers it's always at the expensive of the team. Rondo would be the first to punch him in the head.

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I can't really get my head around the fact that Darius Miles has an 80% Celticsblog approval rating and yet very few here would be in favor of signing Marbury as the back up point guard?

I'm not a fan of either but I'd strongly prefer Marbury. Marbury is the bigger talent with the better career. If Miles is less scrutinized it's only because he's had less time in the spotlight.

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 08:21:03 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I can't really get my head around the fact that Darius Miles has an 80% Celticsblog approval rating and yet very few here would be in favor of signing Marbury as the back up point guard?

I'm not a fan of either but I'd strongly prefer Marbury. Marbury is the bigger talent with the better career. If Miles is less scrutinized it's only because he's had less time in the spotlight.

Miles has said all the right things in the past year about wanting to come back and play for a winner.  I can't think of a time when Starbury has ever said anything close to the right thing.  I think people are also excited about Miles because he has some potential.  This will be the first time in his career where he will have positive role models and it just so happens that he grew up idolizing KG. 
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »

Offline Celtsfan33/34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Think of it like this.  Who would he overtake in the rotation??  No chance in hell he gets any of Rondo's minutes.  House is 100x the shooter he is.  TA on one leg is a better defender.  Giddens and Walker are both better for this team right now.  Marbury should just disappear to Italy like he said he would.  Even the fans there would grow tired of him after a little while.

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 11:37:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hate to bring up an old subject.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54439/20080918/marbury_expected_to_be_waived/
  If he is released, where do you all think he will go? He is not gonna get alot of money, well maybe over seas he will. So who will take the chance/cancer? Celtics?

I would take Marbury on the Celtics, definitely.

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 11:58:42 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
If this guy stays out of trouble and get his head screw on correctly, he can still average 18 points and 6 assist. In my opinion.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 06:47:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If this guy stays out of trouble and get his head screw on correctly, he can still average 18 points and 6 assist. In my opinion.
Sorry I didn't think the if in that sentence was big enough so I corrected it for you because, let's be honest about this, that's one huge if.

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2008, 07:11:05 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Sorry I didn't think the if in that sentence was big enough so I corrected it for you because, let's be honest about this, that's one huge if.

It's one huge "if" and now it's red
and italicized.

When I read the headline, I thought
he had been committed to some sort of
mental asylum and was miraculously
feeling better now ::)

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 07:58:47 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Marbury could average 18 and 6 easily- on a losing team.

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Question: Would you guys trade a second round pick for Steve Francis to have him back up Rondo?

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2008, 09:42:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Miles has said all the right things in the past year about wanting to come back and play for a winner.  I can't think of a time when Starbury has ever said anything close to the right thing.  I think people are also excited about Miles because he has some potential.  This will be the first time in his career where he will have positive role models and it just so happens that he grew up idolizing KG. 

Ah..potential. Every Celtics fan's favorite word (and Danny Ainge's.)

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2008, 10:02:52 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

Ah..potential. Every Celtics fan's favorite word (and Danny Ainge's.)

haha.  I know that word has been beat to death on this site (Gerald Green representing all that is wrong with "potential") but that doesn't mean that it isn't important.  Our team is not exactly full of future stars.  We have a couple guys with some potential and I think we need them all in hopes that maybe one of them could wind up being a great player who extends our championship-caliber play.  At one point in his career Darius Miles was thought to be a franchise player.  He is only 26 and he has never been in anywhere near as good of a situation as he is in right now.  If he is ever gonna have a chance to reach his potential this is it.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
no starbury in green and white please.

Become Legendary.