Author Topic: Marbury expected to be released.  (Read 25462 times)

Marbury expected to be released.
« on: September 18, 2008, 05:32:54 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Hate to bring up an old subject.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54439/20080918/marbury_expected_to_be_waived/
  If he is released, where do you all think he will go? He is not gonna get alot of money, well maybe over seas he will. So who will take the chance/cancer? Celtics?
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

Re: Marbury expected to be released.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Maybe he will sign in Italy and do the "Beckham thing".

Stephon Marbury has travel plans when his contract with the New York Knicks runs out in two years.

Marbury told the New York Post that he plans to play in Italy, having visited the country in May with his wife, visiting Rome, Milan and Tuscany.

"I'm not just thinking of doing it, I'm going to do it," Marbury said, according to the Post. "My wife loved it there."

"It's like a [David] Beckham thing," he said, alluding to the English soccer star coming to America to play in Major League Soccer after years with top-flight European clubs Manchester United and Real Madrid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2940731

In my humble opinion, I would prefer he comes no where near this team.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Hate to bring up an old subject.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54439/20080918/marbury_expected_to_be_waived/
  If he is released, where do you all think he will go? He is not gonna get alot of money, well maybe over seas he will. So who will take the chance/cancer? Celtics?

I think a team like the Clippers could take a chance on him for the min.  They already have enough head cases there that he would fit right in.  After losing Brand they have been scrambling to get as much talent as possible.  He could be a solid contrubutor off the bench.  If not then you just cut him.

They already have enough guards but a little competition among J-Will, Ricky D, Eric Gordon, and B-Diddy couldn't hurt. 

Or maybe it could  :-\
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'm saying this under my breath so no one really hears me.

"I'd quite like to see Stephon Marbury in Celtics Green."

:-[

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:12:45 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum

Seriously.....why?     
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:14:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
He'd make a hell f a combo guard off the bench if he could keep his head on straight. But that's a big IF.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 07:20:11 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Seriously.....why?     

Possibly because he'd be, numbers wise, the best back up point guard in the league.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 07:28:53 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

I agree..kind of..The guy has talent, but needs to be put in his place as a player, b/c he has yet to have a coach or team do that really. The only reason I don't see him coming here is b/c we have enough players at the positions he could play...Rondo,Pruitt,House,TonyAllen,RayAllen,Giddens, and soon to be Cassell. Unless we made a trade that included Pruitt and Tony Allen with Scalabrine and BBD...how about......Send Pruitt,Scal,Tony Allen and BBD to OKC in exchange for Joe Smith and Saer Sene. That would open up a roster spot and actual position for Marbury. Joe Smith would provide some offense and leadership off the bench, and Sene would be another C prospect to fight for minutes with Pat0. In the trade we lose Tony Allen(recovering), Garbage Scal, Pruitt prospect, and young BBD. BBD could always come back next season if he wanted, and Joe Smith is an expiring contract....anyways, the roster would look better IMO....

Rondo, Marbury, Cassell
Ray, House, Giddens
Pierce, Miles, BWalker
KG, Powe, Joe Smith
Perk, Pat0, Saer Sene
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 07:30:14 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
Sorry for the double post

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum

Seriously.....why?     

Possibly because he'd be, numbers wise, the best back up point guard in the league.
I honestly don't even think he's as good a PG as Eddie House is anymore.  He seems like he's lost all motivation.  And he is actually crazy.

He is a liability on defense and IMO a liability on offense.  And a liability in the locker room.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 08:28:27 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

I'd like to quietly nibble on that possibility... If he'd be willing to join up for the minimum. You can always cut him.

Now I wouldn't want to bite on him and Wells. Between the two volatile personalities, I'd rather role with Wells.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 08:58:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
the consensus so far is that marbury would be a great celtic if only he would decide that everything he has thought about himself needs to be completely altered and if he would only forego his enmorous, life long love affair with himself and suddenly become a team player who would give up personal recognization and stats so that other would benefit on his team...

he would be great.

i agree he would. but then, i dont think he would marbury, would he?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 09:29:58 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
the consensus so far is that marbury would be a great celtic if only he would decide that everything he has thought about himself needs to be completely altered and if he would only forego his enmorous, life long love affair with himself and suddenly become a team player who would give up personal recognization and stats so that other would benefit on his team...

he would be great.

i agree he would. but then, i dont think he would marbury, would he?

Hahaha. Fine I'll spit out the Marbury bait and give you a tommy point.

Can I have some of your panchan? I'm hungry...

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
There are few players with a ton of talent in the league that I wouldn't at least consider taking a look at for the Celtics. Starbury is definitely one of those players I wouldn't even think about entertaining a thought on, right up there with Kobe, Arenas, and Iverson.

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 09:50:59 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Maybe the Warriors take a bite. Though Don Nelson might not want a manslaughter case on his head so close to retirement.