Author Topic: Will Joey Porter ever learn and just keep his big mouth shut.  (Read 10793 times)

Will Joey Porter ever learn and just keep his big mouth shut.
« on: September 18, 2008, 02:03:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why was I not surprised when I read this article out of Florida where Joey Porter is shooting his mouth off again regarding a game he has to play versus the New England Patriots.

Asked how he would get ready to face Cassel, Porter said, "Treat him like you prepare for a backup. ... Throw the kitchen sink at him.

"We're going to come after the guy. It will be good to go out there and get our first victory."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/09/17/dolphins_notebook18.html

How his teammates can put up with someone like him is beyond me. The guy is already 0-2 in pre-game predictions when it comes to the Pats and now he is on, without a doubt, one of the worse two teams in the NFL and he's predicting victory against a team that has won a record 21 regular season games in a row.

Does he realize that although Tom Brady is hurt, the Patriots have already beaten two much better teams than the Phins this tear without Brady, one of those teams having been the Jets, a team that walked into Miami and spanked the Dolphins on their home field? Does he realize that his poor pathetic offense still has to play versus the Patriots defense, a defense that right now is one of the best, statistically in the NFL?

Will this guy ever learn? He is such a pompous winEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. My only hope is that he tries to tackle Lamont Jordan high and that Lamont gets under him and trucks right over this sorry, sad sack of an NFL linebacker.

My guess is that Belichick already has this article pinned to the front of Cassel's locker in particular and all over the rest of the locker room as well. Just what Porter needs to do, rile the best football team of the past decade just before going into their house while playing for one of the worse assembled teams of the last 5 years.

Re: Will Joey Porter ever learn and just keep his big mouth shut.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 02:20:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Porter's also close to washed up.  Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a salary cap casualty in the near future.

I love it.  This team is already playing with a chip on its shoulder.  They seem to have the underdog fire back.  This makes it even better. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 03:21:39 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Where was the kitchen sink that last two weeks? And why would you prepare for a backup QB any differently than you would another QB? I'm going to drink about 20 beers and smash myself in the head with a hammer to try and figure that one out.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
"Asked how he would get ready to face Cassel, Porter said, "Treat him like you prepare for a backup. ... Throw the kitchen sink at him."

fair enough, let's face it, that's probably the game plan.

"We're going to come after the guy. It will be good to go out there and get our first victory."

There's absolutely no way that this comment helps you out on sunday.  At this point i think that anything controversial that comes out of Joey's mouth is done simply to draw attention back to himself. Screw the rest of the team if it hurts them.

Winning obviously isn't a priority of his, seeing as he willingly signed with one of the worst teams in the league a few years ago, but he still misses the spotlight; the attention.

I'm sure Chad Pennington, Ronnie Brown, and the rest of the offense really appreciated those comments, Joey.  I wonder where you'll bury your head after your atrocious excuse for a defense gets shredded by Matt Cassell?

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »

Offline Cooldude5t5

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 36
Before the Jets/Dolphins game Porter tried to fight the Jets kicker for warming up in "his area". CBS showed it and he looked like a idiot. Hopefully some players can get under his skin making Porter commit dumb mistakes, but then again the pats won't need them to win.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 04:07:23 PM »

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
Jerry Porter isnt too bright to make comments like that. Maybe in his warped mind he believes it will motivate his team into actually thinking they will win, which I seriously doubt. You never know though.
I will say he isnt as bad as a certain Redsox Pitcher!

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 04:29:01 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Who cares? All this guy wants is us to be talking about him. Ignoring him is the best response...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Relax!  What do you want the Dolphins to do ... just quietly go 0-16?  At least someone is talking with some confidence, which is what that team needs.  I've heard much worse, also.  Let's not forget Cassel IS A BACKUP.  Nothing wrong with that quote.  The "It will be good to get a victory" quote is obviously arrogant and won't happen, but I've heard much worse.

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 05:02:44 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
They seem to have the underdog fire back.   

thats right, and by the way its defense that wins championships. now that we're back to that i think we can have a good season and beat some teams in the post season, we're gonna have the best defense in the NFL along with the factor of: "if you were a first year quarterback, name me two of the receivers you'd LOVE to have"

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

Offline Celtsfan33/34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1

thats right, and by the way its defense that wins championships. now that we're back to that i think we can have a good season and beat some teams in the post season, we're gonna have the best defense in the NFL along with the factor of: "if you were a first year quarterback, name me two of the receivers you'd LOVE to have"

You must be joking??  They may not even be the best defense in their own division.  Not to mention the  Giants, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs, Bears, and Vikings to name a few.  Being confident is one thing, being silly is another.  Also, Joey Porter is a moron and should have retired as soon as Pittsburgh let him go.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4

You must be joking??  They may not even be the best defense in their own division.  Not to mention the  Giants, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs, Bears, and Vikings to name a few.  Being confident is one thing, being silly is another.  Also, Joey Porter is a moron and should have retired as soon as Pittsburgh let him go.

While I admit that the Patriots D will probably not be "the best" in the NFL, I think the previous poster was trying to imply it will be one of the best.  As far as those teams that you have mentioned, only the Bears and the Steelers actually have looked dominate so far.  The Giants to me are in the same position as the Pats, play someone and then we'll see.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

While I admit that the Patriots D will probably not be "the best" in the NFL, I think the previous poster was trying to imply it will be one of the best.  As far as those teams that you have mentioned, only the Bears and the Steelers actually have looked dominate so far.  The Giants to me are in the same position as the Pats, play someone and then we'll see.
After watching that Monday night game I'm not so sure I can agree with you regarding the Dallas and Philadelphia defenses and don't think the Bucs, Vikes, or the Pack are anywhere near as good defensively as teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, the Giants or New England.

Just one man's opinion.

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »

Offline Celtsfan33/34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1

The Redskins were a playoff team last year and lit up the Saints in week 2.  I'd consider that playing someone.  But with their soft schedule, the Pats MIGHT have a top 10 defense.  But definitely not THE best.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 02:45:49 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
We are getting wrecked.

Pats' defense is in shambles.

Randy Moss needs to just try.

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
What a great game. Cassel is horrible, the Pats defense was embarrassed. I'm loving it!

Even with the weak roughing the passer call that nullified an interception, Cassel showed nothing. How many times did he throw the ball more than 10 yards in the air?

The Fins offensive line also dominated. No pressure whatsoever on Pennington.

Brown also had one of the all-time most entertaining games by a running back.