Author Topic: Dream Trade Proposal: Ray + Young Chips For Carmelo /Hunter/Filler  (Read 15814 times)

Re: Dream Trade Proposal: Ray + Young Chips For Carmelo /Hunter/Filler
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
if you want to argue weed's not a drug problem, alright, i can see that has some merit, but don't try to sell me on the fariy tale that melo randomly decided to try pot for the first time and got caught, it's ludicrous.

You're right, it is ludicrous. Know your facts.

DENVER -- Carmelo Anthony was cited for marijuana possession while boarding the team plane last week, though the Denver Nuggets star says the bag was left in his backpack by a friend.

Anthony, 20, was issued a summons last Friday at Denver International Airport while the Nuggets were waiting to board a flight to Milwaukee for a preseason game. Anthony's attorney, Daniel Recht, said he wasn't aware the marijuana was there and that it was left there by an out-of-town friend who borrowed the backpack last week.

"The friend obviously uses marijuana and left a small amount in the backpack when he returned it to Carmelo," Recht said Thursday. "Carmelo had no idea there was any marijuana in the backpack."

Anthony was charged with possessing less than 1 ounce of marijuana, a petty offense with a maximum $100 fine and no jail time. He was in Los Angeles for a preseason game against the Clippers and not immediately available for comment.

Recht said he has met with a city attorney and requested the citation be dismissed. He also said the friend acknowledged the marijuana was his and would come forward to accept responsibility as early as Thursday.

Recht also said he received a letter from Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe verifying Anthony passed four random drug tests last season and another just two weeks ago. The letter also said tests from U.S. Olympic Committee at the Athens Games this summer came back negative.

uh, i know the cover story..

so...so wait,  you buy the "oh a friend put it in there!!! I'm pure as the driven snow!" patented excuse given by every athlete since the beginning of time?

i didn't think people actually believed that cover story told by athletes from time immortal. by this logic, no person caught on COPS with drugs was gulity either, they all assured the police that an absent friend put that in thier backpack.

it's more ludicris to me that you actually buy that tripe story.

by this blind acceptance of cover stories, clearly then, i must believe  Mr. bonds about how his trainer betrayed him and he had no knowledge of what was in those syringes. I mean, he assured me and everything!  ::)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:42:01 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2008, 09:24:38 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
soap07 - You either must be Carmelo's agent, his mother, or Carmelo himself, because you sure are taking the negative comments about this guy personal.

I am a life-long Syracuse fan and I can't stand this guy. He is a bad character guy based on multiple instances. He is extremely soft on defense. Is no where near a leader. He can score 1-1 and is a decent rebounder. That's about it. He is the type of player that puts up stats, but not when the big game is on the line. He reminds me a lot of Marbury in that regard. If you look at his numbers he looks pretty good. Watch how he gets them and what he does to team chemistry, and all of a sudden he isn't worth it. His game is a weak version of PP's game with none of the defense, so why would we even want the guy?! 

Go back to the gym soap07 and practice some more because your Denver teammates are going to need more from you. Put down that blunt as well...

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2008, 09:33:30 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
while acknowledging getting Filler could be good, trading Young Chips could be tragic, we don't even know what Young Chips can do... is he the son of Young MC, or Young Jeezy, or Young Buck??? or is he perhaps just a youthful police officer.... Old Chips, or even Median Age Chips could play dividends, don't forget that before you just throw him in, like those Nuggest would with Filler
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2008, 09:34:05 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Yeah, he definitely ruins team chemistry. He's got one of the most creative scorers to play the game in AI, had a blocking beast with Camby, and STILL wasn't able to make noise in the playoffs. He's way over-rated and that's why LeBron won ROTY.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If you don't think drunk driving is a minor offense, then don't down play it like people are idiots to mention it as a serious character flaw. to me, getting drunk and driving a car is reckless endangerment, and a huge issue.

and again, i could care less that james posey did it, your assumption that I didn't think his DWI was a big deal is false.

You miss the point and misconstrue my words. I assume that if you think that a DUI is a big deal for Melo, you think it's a big deal for Posey. Therefore, you must believe, as you do with Melo, that Posey's off the court character flaw is so hanus that he shouldn't have been on the team last year.

your right, i do considered posey's off the court actions with regardes to drinking hanus. you were doing alright until you took the extra step and leaped to the conclusion that i must have not wanted him on the team last year to earn the right to even speak the lord melo's name in vain.

X doesn't equal Y here as you propose. I never argued this is the reason i wouldn't want carmelo on the Celtics, nor did i say that any person with charcter flaws is inherntly "not celtic material" or some such non-sense. I argued it was a character flaw that contributed to my hesitancy to trade away ray allen to gain another SF, when we already have a HOF at the postition.

for your above analogy to apply, i would have to have said i didn't want him signed for personal reasons. The logic your trying to escape out of is that you say melo is a high character, charity giving guy, yet he's appeared in a gang video, more than likely has a passing accuantince with the sticky icky, costs his team his services by suker punching someone, albeit a person i dislike immensely, and also that he drinks and drives.

I never gave those as reasons i was against the trade, which is what you propose in your above analogy. you attributed them to me afterwards once you'd deemed i was maligning melo's off the court greatness.

Your the one trying to attribute my dislike of his character to some arbitary judgment that he isn't "fit" to be a celtic under my watch. My contention was always that right now this would be a bad trade on a nuts and bolts level, since it would degrade our SG position to add a SF that does alot of the same things our HOF one does minus defense.

I did say that i also found his character flaws distrubing, and listed it as another reason i didn't like the trade, to which you poo pahed my dislike of his, and i qoute, "minor character flaws"

but in order for this to be a valid logical reasoning as you've described it, i would have had to say that I thought he wasn't "fit" to play on the team. I never said anything of the kind. I said it was a bad trade Because it trades a HOF SG for a second SF bvut i made no judgment as to wheather i thought he was good enough to be on the team. If we were not in possesion of what i consider a much better SF, and melo randomly was an option, then i'm sure i could swallow my personal dislike of his actions on (the brawl) and off the court in defernace to the fact that he is a great player. I've done this with last years squad with several players, including your whipping post posey.

but that doesn't change the fact that i dislike melo's character choices, nor does it prove true your assertion that i have to have hated james posey for being on my local team to even have the right to dislike melo's antics .You are again deflecting the issue that you want every negative about melo brought up summarily dismissed as minor, while only the good you bring up counts in any discussion.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:57:26 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 10:12:54 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Watch a few Nuggets games and count how many times Carmelo is the last guy to arrive back to the defensive end. It's despairing. If that's not laziness, what is it?

Save me some time and post that stat..."Last Man Back On The Defensive End".

I don't think that stat is available. But if you're arguing about a  Nuggets' player I don't see watching some of their games as a waste of time.

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2008, 01:35:38 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Dream Trade? I flat out don't like Carmelo's game. No thanks. I am always reminded of Antione Walker when I watch Carmelo play..

Pete