Author Topic: December 10, 2006  (Read 4498 times)

December 10, 2006
« on: September 16, 2008, 08:46:37 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
This date represents the last time the Patriots lost a regular season game... Pretty nuts huh?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: December 10, 2006
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:09:24 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
This date represents the last time the Patriots lost a regular season game... Pretty nuts huh?

And the thing is, in light of Brady's injury, I think most people are expecting around 5-7 losses this year. That said this year we have one of the easiest schedules, we still have a ton of talent on offense and our defense looks like it has all the makings of being a top 5 defense this year. This is gonna be an exciting year I think. Who knows when our next loss will be.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 09:16:59 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Who knows when our next loss will be.

The NFL can work in very strange ways.  The Patriots recent run of consistently winning is an oddity.

Look at something like KC giving the Pats a battle one week on the road, then going home to play Oakland laying an egg.

I'm not saying Miami is going to come in and beat the Pats this weekend, but somewhere along the way the Pats are going to lay their own egg.

Still, it's a hell of a streak (we won't mention that silly little Super Bowl exhibition match,  since no one was really that much attention anyhow ;) )
Yup

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:30:51 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

The NFL can work in very strange ways.  The Patriots recent run of consistently winning is an oddity.

Look at something like KC giving the Pats a battle one week on the road, then going home to play Oakland laying an egg.

I'm not saying Miami is going to come in and beat the Pats this weekend, but somewhere along the way the Pats are going to lay their own egg.

Still, it's a hell of a streak (we won't mention that silly little Super Bowl exhibition match,  since no one was really that much attention anyhow ;) )

Regular season
Redz, haha. We don't need to ever bring up that super bowl ever again.

The Patriots Won 3 Super Bowls, 6 AFC Titles and have an undefeated regular season under they're belt. That resume puts them in the top 5 franchises in the Super Bowl era and ahead of the Giants. At least the Pats are still a better franchise right?

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Regular season
Redz, haha. We don't need to ever bring up that super bowl ever again.

The Patriots Won 3 Super Bowls, 6 AFC Titles and have an undefeated regular season under they're belt. That resume puts them in the top 5 franchises in the Super Bowl era and ahead of the Giants. At least the Pats are still a better franchise right?

I thought they cancelled the Super Bowl last year in favor of a Saved By the Bell marathon.   :-\

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
They had a 20-something win streak a few years back too.  It's a hell of a run they've been on.  I do think dropping last years Super Bowl takes a little bit of the luster off of their dynasty though.  The 80's Niners, 70's Steelers, and 90's Cowboys were all undefeated in their trips top the Super Bowl. 

Losing to the Giants didn't diminish their accomplishments it just took away the element of perfection.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 10:06:39 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
They had a 20-something win streak a few years back too.  It's a hell of a run they've been on.  I do think dropping last years Super Bowl takes a little bit of the luster off of their dynasty though.  The 80's Niners, 70's Steelers, and 90's Cowboys were all undefeated in their trips top the Super Bowl. 

Losing to the Giants didn't diminish their accomplishments it just took away the element of perfection.

At the end of the day it's everything combined...

The Cowboys are the greatest franchise of the Super Bowl Era. They have won 5 Super Bowls and 9 NFC titles.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 10:17:20 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

One sure fire way for the Pats to lose this weekend is if I pick them in my 3 strike pool, one more loss and I'm done.  (How long until the NCAA tourney?)
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:57:37 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

One sure fire way for the Pats to lose this weekend is if I pick them in my 3 strike pool, one more loss and I'm done.  (How long until the NCAA tourney?)

That's kind of cool. What do you pick one game a week, and choose the winner but can't pick the same team twice, with 3 strikes out? If that makes sense...

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 12:10:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

That's kind of cool. What do you pick one game a week, and choose the winner but can't pick the same team twice, with 3 strikes out? If that makes sense...

yup

i'm down 2 after 2 weeks too
Yup

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Okay, who's gonna start the corresponding February 3, 2008 thread? ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 02:42:30 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Okay, who's gonna start the corresponding February 3, 2008 thread? ;)

Oh man, we've covered this.  ::)