Author Topic: 12 Years Without 2Pac/Makaveli  (Read 3595 times)

12 Years Without 2Pac/Makaveli
« on: September 11, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I'm white and I can say that he made me the man I am today. He influenced so many people so far and will continue in the future 'cause the legacy he left behind will live forever.
I guess the good die young  :'(
Mourn You 'Till I Join You
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Re: 12 Years Without 2Pac/Makaveli
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
He actually died September 13th, but we'll let you away with that one.

Regardless of whether you're black, white, asian or any other religion, race, sex or even if you're not a fan of hip-hop, you have to appreciate what Tupac Shakur represented. He was a poet in his own right and belongs up their with the Kurt Cobains and the Elvis Presleys.

I know people who are not hip-hop fans, I include myself in that as I'm a genuine fan of all music (near enough), that not only respect Tupac but actually listen to his music with a sense of satisfaction that someone could get their point across so well and have an influence on so many people.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 03:20:19 PM »

Offline Kevin72790

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
He was a poet in his own right and belongs up their with the Kurt Cobains and the Elvis Presleys.
Elvis was a poet? Hehe...

Anyways though you were two days early, rest in peace Tupac. It's a shame he died, rap has gone downhill since.

As you say the good die young. My idol, Jimi Hendrix's anniversary of his death is in 7 days too. Might as well say Rest in Peace for him here too.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 04:10:31 PM »

Offline Larrybird17

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 31
I'm white and I can say that he made me the man I am today. He influenced so many people so far and will continue in the future 'cause the legacy he left behind will live forever.
I guess the good die young  :'(
Mourn You 'Till I Join You

What does being white have to do with the fact hat he influenced you? I am not trying to be funny.... I am just having a difficult time understanding how that was relevant or worth mentioning....

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 05:01:59 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
He actually died September 13th, but we'll let you away with that one.

Regardless of whether you're black, white, asian or any other religion, race, sex or even if you're not a fan of hip-hop, you have to appreciate what Tupac Shakur represented. He was a poet in his own right and belongs up their with the Kurt Cobains and the Elvis Presleys.

I know people who are not hip-hop fans, I include myself in that as I'm a genuine fan of all music (near enough), that not only respect Tupac but actually listen to his music with a sense of satisfaction that someone could get their point across so well and have an influence on so many people.

Extremely close to what I would have said myself, with the exception that i do like hip hop and rap. TP for this, sir.

I've often thought Tupac was one of the greatest poets the world has seen in the last 100, maybe 200 or more years.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 05:33:43 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
The most influential rap artist I've ever witnessed yet I was only 2 years old in 96. I had to check myself a couple times listening to Pac.

7 day theory and MATW were my fav albums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2meZCM4Ols

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 05:53:01 PM »

Offline IowaGuy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
It's hard to put into words exactly what Pac has meant to me throughout my lifetime.  I view him as a role model in certain lights and as a father figure in others.  He had so much depth to his music and poetry and seems to connect to everybody on one level or another.  He speaks to your soul, to your raw emotions and seems to know how to say all those things in such an elegant way it just amazes me.  He accomplished so much in such a short time on this earth it is hard to comprehend exactly how he did it.  He passed away at just over 25years old and did more than I could even imagine accomplishing in my entire lifetime.  To me, Pac was much more than just a rapper, he was a prophet.  I often find myself in day dreams about what Pac would be up to these days if he had lived through that last shooting.  Would he still be rapping?  I don't think he would.  I've always envisoned him turning into a motivational speaker or a political activist while using his rapping & poetry skills as a tool to reach and unite everybody.  It honestly brings tears to my eyes when I think about what exactly we (the nation and society) lost on Sept 13th, 4:03pm 1996.  He was truely an amazing individual that just barely scratched the surface of his protential.  He could have changed the world...but now it's up to us to spread his lessons and keep his legacy alive.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 06:41:18 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I know I'm a bit early(obviously), and what I mean when I said that I'm white is that he's lyrics are so powerful that they can influence anyone, and you don't see that in other rapers.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
It's hard to put into words exactly what Pac has meant to me throughout my lifetime.  I view him as a role model in certain lights and as a father figure in others.  He had so much depth to his music and poetry and seems to connect to everybody on one level or another.  He speaks to your soul, to your raw emotions and seems to know how to say all those things in such an elegant way it just amazes me.  He accomplished so much in such a short time on this earth it is hard to comprehend exactly how he did it.  He passed away at just over 25years old and did more than I could even imagine accomplishing in my entire lifetime.  To me, Pac was much more than just a rapper, he was a prophet.  I often find myself in day dreams about what Pac would be up to these days if he had lived through that last shooting.  Would he still be rapping?  I don't think he would.  I've always envisoned him turning into a motivational speaker or a political activist while using his rapping & poetry skills as a tool to reach and unite everybody.  It honestly brings tears to my eyes when I think about what exactly we (the nation and society) lost on Sept 13th, 4:03pm 1996.  He was truely an amazing individual that just barely scratched the surface of his protential.  He could have changed the world...but now it's up to us to spread his lessons and keep his legacy alive.

Imma co-sign with this without a doubt. Some say he was a just a thug and he contradicted himself(which he did a ton of)but who doesn't. No one lives what he preaches all the time. I KNOW Pac would have done incredible things(outside of music) if he never got caught up with Suge and Death Row.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 09:50:30 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i was never a 2pac fan, but i respect what he did for hip hop.