Author Topic: ESPN's Thorpe gives Celtics some love  (Read 4289 times)

ESPN's Thorpe gives Celtics some love
« on: September 10, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Fahim ( Los Angeles ): The best big 3 in the league are kobe/gosal/bynum.

SportsNation David Thorpe: I'll take PP, KG, and KP right now.

Chrisman (LA): Did you suggest that Kendrick Perkins is part of the best big 3?! Really? Better than Kobe, Gasol, Bynum/Odom?

SportsNation David Thorpe: After the beatdown I saw in June, hell yes.

B (Baltimore, MD): If we're talking head-to-head as well, Perkins had 21 and 9 on Bynum last November, while holding him to 4 and 9.

SportsNation David Thorpe: No defense of Kp is necessary. If LA spanks Boston this year then we will reconsider.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Re: ESPN's Thorpe gives Celtics some love
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
LOL this is the same guy who thought the Lakers were going to win in 6. Atleast now he has his head on straight ;)

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Boy, it is nice to see Kendrick Perkins getting a little bit of love!

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
how much longer must we wait!  Those Laker games will continue to be big fun and worth the hype for two years at least!

Good Luck with Bynum, I'll be watching...

go celts!
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:46:52 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I've got that christmas day game circled on my calender. I'm looking forward to a little more heat in the Celts-Philly games too.

Go Celtics!!

ps. way to go thorpedo for giving KP some love.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:50 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
finally some love...

No masked profanity please  ::)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:40:05 PM by Edgar »

Become Legendary.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 01:01:40 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm confused, by big three did Thorpe mean the 3,4 and 5 positions? Or did he just mean the three best players in the way the term is usually used. If it is the latter I think that is ridiculous because both Ray and Rondo are better than KP43.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 03:29:35 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I've got that christmas day game circled on my calender. I'm looking forward to a little more heat in the Celts-Philly games too.

Go Celtics!!

ps. way to go thorpedo for giving KP some love.
I can't wait either, have got a few games im attending in Dec.too ...just moved this week back to Saugus,Ma.closer to the games.Man i can't wait till the season get underway.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 08:59:14 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm confused, by big three did Thorpe mean the 3,4 and 5 positions? Or did he just mean the three best players in the way the term is usually used. If it is the latter I think that is ridiculous because both Ray and Rondo are better than KP43.

Yea they were referring to the front court only.  Not necessarily the 3 best players on the team.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Yea they were referring to the front court only.  Not necessarily the 3 best players on the team.

I don't know, the original poster said that Kobe/Gasol/Bynum was the best big 3, and Kobe is a 2-guard.  Maybe Thorpe assumed he meant front court though.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 09:30:22 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

I really like Perkins.  His growth over the past three years (and I think next three as well) is amazing and if he's healthy (a huge if) then I think he'll be a crucial reason why the Celtics will continue to contend for the foreseeable future. 

10/10 is not unreasonable.  Combine that with the growth of Rondo and there's no way a team can continually double up on the others.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 04:09:54 PM »

Offline jbhdva

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 5
How can they say Kobe/Gasol/Bynum is the best Big Three in Basketball? How can anyone say that? First off, Gasol was brought in to replace an injured Bynum, so Gasol has never played with Bynum, has he? No one will know how the lineup of Bynum, Gasol, Odom are going to play out?

Also, analysts are also saying how a beast like Bynum will answer the Lakers problems of defense and rebounding. Okay, he might be their big defensive player, but if they face the Celtics in the Finals again and if we had a rebounding match - it would be Bynum vs. Garnett, Perkins, Pierce and even Rondo!!! Even Ray Allen had nine rebounds in Game 4. You can't just have one person do all the rebounding against the Celtics - you'll need everybody and I mean everybody!

I'm going to post another topic later about the Laker love by analysts later.

Bottom line: I hope the Celtics are listed as underdogs again, they love being in that role and embarrassing everyone who plays against them and everyone who bet against them