Poll

Which would be more depressing to Boston fans as a season-long injury replacement?

Cassel starting over Brady
11 (68.8%)
Cassell starting over Rondo
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Casell or Cassel starting?  (Read 2185 times)

Casell or Cassel starting?
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:33:52 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Which would be more depressing to Boston fans as a season-long injury replacement?

Re: Casell or Cassel starting?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 10:41:43 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Though I'm not actually that depressed about it, I'll go with the Casell over Brady...
Yup

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
come on now, im a die hard celtics fan and this isn't close.

brady goign down is way more devistating than rondo going down. Change it to KG or paul going down for the year, and there somewhere in the same league.

Rondo's a good kid, it would suck to lose him, Brady is a first ballot hall of famer and arguably the best QB of his generation.

I do apperciate the attempt to stroke the sam cassell fires though, here's hoping danny decides he's the odd man out when training camp is done  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

brady goign down is way more devistating than rondo going down. Change it to KG or paul going down for the year, and there somewhere in the same league.

Rondo's a good kid, it would suck to lose him, Brady is a first ballot hall of famer and arguably the best QB of his generation.

I do apperciate the attempt to stroke the sam cassell fires though, here's hoping danny decides he's the odd man out when training camp is done  ;D

I think there was the irresistible pun thing going on here too
Yup

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 01:58:46 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

I think there was the irresistible pun thing going on here too

Right on both accounts.  I know it's not even close.  Just trying to make a joke about how much I would despise seeing Cassell getting any meaningful minutes for the C's.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 03:38:55 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
This wasn't even close for me. Rondo going down would be very upsetting.

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 03:56:20 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am about as big a Rondo fan as there is, but there is no comparison.  Not only is Rondo nowhere near the level of Brady (Brady would be closer to someone like Lebron...), but I also would feel a whole lot more comfortable having a veteran like Cassell step in than a guy like Cassel, who has no experience.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
Tom Brady is to the Patriots what KG is to the Celtics.

It's very difficult to compare rondo to a football player on the Patriots, mostly because he is very defense oriented, yet is the qb of the offense. We still have ball handlers if we lose rondo. We do lose a lot of other attributes in rondos game with out him there. but we're not stranded.