Author Topic: Bynum Wants How Much?  (Read 6120 times)

Re: Bynum Wants How Much?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 11:30:43 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
pay him
so he can buy new shorts

Imagine Pau in those ...****.  ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 11:41:01 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Saying The Lakers would have won the title with Bynum is ridoculous.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 12:30:18 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Real GM's wiretap is saying Bynum wants an $80 million extension. I don't think potential and a few good games warrant an $80 million extension.

Here is the link:    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54335/20080909/lakers_bynum_seeking_$80m_extension/

It seems about right to me.  He doesn't have a ton of motivation to sign right now, because he will likely be able to get a lot of money out of the Lakers, or someone else next year, so he might as well shoot high this year.  I don't think he is worth it, but I don't think it is all that much above market value either.  Young Centers get paid rediculous money.

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 01:22:18 AM »

Offline carlherrera

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Bynum is worth every cent of the $80MM assuming he is healthy. I can only dream that the Lakers don't sign him and the Cs do.
If you actually look at his production last year, he was one of the best players in the league and better than his own teammate Mr. Kobe Bryant. Those are the facts (WP48 0.394 vs. Kobe 0.247). Yes, it's a small sample size since he did get injured but the guy is young and if healthy there's no reason why he won't improve his already excellent game.

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 08:47:22 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Bynum is worth every cent of the $80MM assuming he is healthy. I can only dream that the Lakers don't sign him and the Cs do.
If you actually look at his production last year, he was one of the best players in the league and better than his own teammate Mr. Kobe Bryant. Those are the facts (WP48 0.394 vs. Kobe 0.247). Yes, it's a small sample size since he did get injured but the guy is young and if healthy there's no reason why he won't improve his already excellent game.

As I said in another thread, according to this same "stat", Rajon Rondo is as good as Paul Pierce, and Marcus Camby and Andris Biedrins are much better than any player on the Celtics other than KG (and Camby is better than KG).  It's a ridiculous "stat", which I think is completely useless. 

The claim that WP48 shows the "best players in the league" in terms of "production" is not a "fact"; it's a fantasy, based upon throwing various statistics together into a ridiculous formula that proves...  absolutely nothing.  Unless, of course, you think Pierce = Rondo and Ray = Perk.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 09:39:31 AM »

Offline Fastbreak

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Roy, you are going to ruin our fun if you keeping using reason and logic  ;D