Author Topic: Bynum Wants How Much?  (Read 6102 times)

Bynum Wants How Much?
« on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Real GM's wiretap is saying Bynum wants an $80 million extension. I don't think potential and a few good games warrant an $80 million extension.

Here is the link:    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54335/20080909/lakers_bynum_seeking_$80m_extension/

Re: Bynum Wants How Much?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I don't think its unreasonable for him to command that much money, particularly when LA has such high hopes for him

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:03:23 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I agree it sounds like a great plan for the Lakers to sign a player coming off major knee problems who played pretty well for a 1/2 season to a long term contract....
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:14:03 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
I agree it sounds like a great plan for the Lakers to sign a player coming off major knee problems who played pretty well for a 1/2 season to a long term contract....

But with him the Lakers would have won the title.  ;D

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:19:55 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
We'll see, obviously the Lakers will let him come back and prove himself before signing him to such a deal.  A dislocated knee is a serious injury, but if he returns to form he is exactly what that team needs and he might get a deal like this...

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:20:14 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
just goes to show the difference between a guy like Bynum and a guy like Big Al.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
I don't think anyone can fault or blame Bynum for shooting for the moon in terms of the contract extension he's seeking. If LALA thinks he's the next (or improved) Dwight Howard, then they'll pay him what he wants.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
We'll see, obviously the Lakers will let him come back and prove himself before signing him to such a deal.  A dislocated knee is a serious injury, but if he returns to form he is exactly what that team needs and he might get a deal like this...

I believe he is pushing for it now.

"If the Lakers and Bynum don't come to terms on a deal before the Oct. 31 deadline, Andrew will become a restricted free agent next summer."

He will have to take his game to a whole new level to deserve that kind of money. I believe Big Al only got around $65M.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »

Offline celt4ever

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 2

But with him the Lakers would have won the title.  ;D
yes if in the final was det or cle but in the final was the celtics

champs 17

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well, I guess $80 million is a good place to begin when jumpstarting new negociations. Of course, it's a lot better to start there when you've already proven that you are worth $80 million. His agent either has a lot of balls or very little brains if he thinks that he can get anywhere near that number.

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Well, I guess $80 million is a good place to begin when jumpstarting new negociations. Of course, it's a lot better to start there when you've already proven that you are worth $80 million. His agent either has a lot of balls or very little brains if he thinks that he can get anywhere near that number.

i think his agent is probley trying to cash in on the crazy public perception in LA, which i don't understand, that a 15 game stretch of good games makes you better than shaq.

He's probley afraid that once andrew goes out there and struggles like any other young player, the la "fans" will convince themselves he stinks.  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 06:30:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't expect Bynum to get a contract extension. If I'm LA, and I expect LA to do this, I'd wait the year and let him prove his fitness. No need to take the risk. He's a restricted free agent anyway. Just play out the year.

Bynum is worth a max contract. He's already a better player than guys like Bogut and his potential is massive, and you'll have to pay a good bit on his potential.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:02:46 PM by Who »

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 07:00:43 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

I believe he is pushing for it now.

"If the Lakers and Bynum don't come to terms on a deal before the Oct. 31 deadline, Andrew will become a restricted free agent next summer."

He will have to take his game to a whole new level to deserve that kind of money. I believe Big Al only got around $65M.

Of course he's pushing for it now, but the Lakers wont bite until he's come back and proven he can 1. stay healthy and 2. continue to play well for more than a few weeks.  Odds are he'll get signed for a huge deal with someone, can't think of any team with the need/money to do it like the Lakers.

I agree though, $80 mil is nonsense, someone will settle on something under that eventually.

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
I have never seen Bynum play a good game against the C's. Perk always gets the best of him. I also think KG would be a Laker if they gave up Bynum to the T'Wolves when all the KG trade talk started last year. I also think Phoenix could have had him for Stoudemire. Just glad Danny had the guts to make that deal come true for us.

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
As some one posted awhile back,they wish they were 7'0" or better and in their 20's.Today there aren't as many BIGS out there to choose from(pickings are slim) .Even a player with mediocre skills thats 7ft can get the big payday,it seems.If Bynum doesn't get what he wants from the Lakers,some team will eventually pay him.