Author Topic: The Celtics had a record comeback in the finals.What's your favorite comeback?  (Read 3882 times)

Offline 2008CELTICS17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
My favorite would have to be the 02 east finals against the Nets.
So electric at the garden that day. You can pick a 7 game series comeback too.

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Game 4 of the 2008 finals for basketball, but I would say the 2004 ALCS was the best comeback of all time in any major sports league.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sox 04 comeback to the Yanks was my favorite comeback.

Favorite basketball comeback was 1981, down 3-1 to Philly and coming back to beat them and head on to the Championship. Every game a nail biter. Every game had unreal tension built in. Every game this young kid Bird did amazing things.

Easily my favorite basketball comeback.

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Years ago, the Celts were down by 10 starting the 4th quarter in an exhibition game. Acie Earl looks dead in the eyes of Sherm Douglas and Dee Brown and says, "Get me the rock." Earl goes on to score 17 points in that fourth quarter and the C's win by 3. One for the ages. (actually I made this up. sorry :P )

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Is this just Celtics comebacks? If so, I would have to say that game 6 comeback against the Lakers this year.

I'm still very much riding the wave of Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson's misery.

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Game 6 against Detroit was huge as well. The Pistons had a double digit lead going into the 4th.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline brownbagger

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0
Game 6 against Detroit was huge as well. The Pistons had a double digit lead going into the 4th.
This was a good time in Celtics comebacks in my book also.Wasn't that around the time

Posey hijacked the ball from Prince changing the whole complexity of that game? :)

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Sox 04 comeback to the Yanks was my favorite comeback.

Favorite basketball comeback was 1981, down 3-1 to Philly and coming back to beat them and head on to the Championship. Every game a nail biter. Every game had unreal tension built in. Every game this young kid Bird did amazing things.

Easily my favorite basketball comeback.

Second Nick quote that I am agreeing with 100% in the past five minutes.  Nick, you keep writing and I'll keep saying yup! 

The 04 Sox was the most amazing ever and it will stand the test of time.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
It's hard for me to pick between the Nets game and the Lakers game.  They were both out of this world. 

I agree though, one of those would be my personal favorite, but the most unlikely, remarkable, and memorable would have to be the 04 ALCS.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Strictly Celtics?

Game 3 of the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals 'cause I was actually at it. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Strictly Celtics?

The same for me.   The 2002 team was so unexpected that every win was shear joy.  The Lakers game was greater becuase it meant so much more, a championship. I wish I was in LA to experience it in person. Instead, I was in a Chicago hotel screaming into a towel to not wake my neighbors.  :)

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
One comeback I haven't fully embraced is the comeback by NKOTB.

Also, I was always hoping for a comeback by Tiffany Amber Thiessen, preferably in Showcase Cinema after dark role.   What???
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

Re: The Celtics had a record comeback in the finals.What's your favorite comebac
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 06:58:30 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Strictly Celtics?

I think that game is my favorite comeback too... Perhaps because there was so much emotion in all those young players on both teams. And the Garden crowd was going berserk during the 4th. I've rewatched clips of that game soooo many times.

That whole post season was such a tremendous breath of fresh air too.