Author Topic: Tom Brady Out for the Season  (Read 31343 times)

Re: Tom Brady Reportedly Out for the Season
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I will say this, Joe Gibbs did win three SBs with three different QBs. If Belichick can take an offense that was built completely around Tom Brady's ability and adapt it so that Cassell can succeed within it and then wins a SB with Cassell as the QB, he is truly one of the greatest coaches if not the greatest coach to have ever lived.

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Patriots | Brady suffers two torn ligaments in knee
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:02:18 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady (knee) has a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee. Brady, as reported, is expected to be out for the remainder of the season.

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

Updating ongoing reports, Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady (knee) has a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee. Brady, as reported, is expected to be out for the remainder of the season.
[/i]

& where are you recieving this news from? NFL.com Adam Schefter is not reporting this on the main site of all, nfl.com. Is there a link?

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
I will say this, Joe Gibbs did win three SBs with three different QBs. If Belichick can take an offense that was built completely around Tom Brady's ability and adapt it so that Cassell can succeed within it and then wins a SB with Cassell as the QB, he is truly one of the greatest coaches if not the greatest coach to have ever lived.

I was just thinking the same thing, if the team does well and goes deep perhaps all the way in the playoffs then the coach would be one of the top 1-3 coaches of all time.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2008, 01:14:16 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

[/i]

& where are you recieving this news from? NFL.com Adam Schefter is not reporting this on the main site of all, nfl.com. Is there a link?

http://www.kffl.com/player/1181/nfl

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman

[/i]

I'm not going to believe anything. All these sources are not B.Belichick or the team doctors/trainers. And we all know how tight lipped this team are about injuries. So when that press conference at 3;45 p.m take place and he officially has the prognosis on Brady, then we can move on. Please let it only be a ligament strain/sprain. If it was his acl/mcl there is no way in hell Brady would walked over to the bench, sat down, and walked down those stairs.

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2008, 02:22:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

[/i]

I'm not going to believe anything. All these sources are not B.Belichick or the team doctors/trainers. And we all know how tight lipped this team are about injuries. So when that press conference at 3;45 p.m take place and he officially has the prognosis on Brady, then we can move on. Please let it only be a ligament strain/sprain. If it was his acl/mcl there is no way in hell Brady would walked over to the bench, sat down, and walked down those stairs.

simply not true about him walking, shawn the idiot marrian is playing on a torn MCL and waekend ACL.  the ACL and MCL effect cutting, not walking.

i mean, im all for wishful thinking, but the best we are hoping for is the MRI shows its a partial tear, not full. a Partial he can get scoped for now, and repaired after the season, after 6-8 weeks of letting the swelling come down.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2008, 02:29:01 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
Is this team now really worse than the 2001 Superbowl winners?  Cassel is a big question mark for sure, but I honestly wouldn't put Tarvaris Jackson or even Arron Rogers too far ahead of him.  And both of those teams are considered at least contenders this year.  The only team from the AFC that looked really great yesterday was Pittsburg.  Otherwise I don't see how anyone can say that this team has no chance at the Superbowl.  I mean, did anyone watch the Bears basically beat down the Colts last night?  The bears offense is not even close to the Pats even with Cassel taking the snaps.

I strongly believe that with our schedule, they should have no trouble still making the playoffs.  And as we saw with the Giants last year, once in the playoffs anything can happen.  I just don't see any teams looking like Juggernauts this year.  Pitt, Philly, and maybe Dallas and that's about it for elite teams.  I wouldn't say the Pats would be favored against any of those three right now, but they definitely could beat them on the right day.

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but this is the textbook opportunity for Bill Simmons' Ewing Theory to come into play.
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2008, 02:46:37 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but this is the textbook opportunity for Bill Simmons' Ewing Theory to come into play.

From Simmons:

... two crucial elements needed to be in place for any situation to qualify for "Ewing" status:

1. A star athlete receives an inordinate amount of media attention and fan interest, and yet his teams never win anything substantial with him (other than maybe some early-round playoff series).

2. That same athlete leaves his team (either by injury, trade, graduation, free agency or retirement) -- and both the media and fans immediately write off the team for the following season.

Brady blows the first factor out of the water; it's not like the Pats have been underachieving with him at the helm (3 titles, 4 SB appearances, 16-0 regular season, etc.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2008, 03:08:07 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Well the word "Reportedly" can be taken out of this title.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
Felt like a blow to the testicles; got a sick feeling in my stomach :-\
just made this season more interesting; its all up to the defense, maroney and our running game, and the effectiveness of Cassell with Moss and Welker

& letsz hope Tom's not "G5-ing" all over the continent with Gisele and gets that knee in shape.

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Felt like a blow to the testicles; got a sick feeling in my stomach :-\
just made this season more interesting; its all up to the defense, maroney and our running game, and the effectiveness of Cassell with Moss and Welker

& letsz hope Tom's not "G5-ing" all over the continent with Gisele and gets that knee in shape.

Definitely a lot more interesting.  Welcome back to the real world fellow Pats fans.  I'm intrigued by the rest of this season now.  I see Belechick and company turning it into a good story.

In the end, everybody loves a comeback story.  Tom Brady circa 2009 will hopefully be a great tale as well. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: Tom Brady Out for the Season
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Such a sickening thing to happen. Hopefully he makes it back to his best in 2009.

Re: Tom Brady Out for the Season
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
at first, i was very upset....
kinda like when bledsoe got hurt and this kid named "brady" was gonna be our qb....
time'll tell
furbush.tumblr.com