Author Topic: Tom Brady Out for the Season  (Read 31517 times)

Re: Tom Brady Reportedly Out for the Season
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 10:10:47 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

I would still prefer Culpepper though.

Culpepper can't play anymore.

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2008, 10:20:24 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Culpepper cant play? says whoo .
He is better than anybody currently on the market, has a better arm than anyone on the market and our qbs on the active roster. Plus he had 8 years or so with Moss(the vocal point of our offense) in Minnesota. Im still in shock. Hopefully all these "sources" are false and maybe he strained or sprained his ACL? i mean he did get up and walk? or is that normal? not to me
please let this be the clear cut case :-[

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yup, he really is done for the season. It's on front page of NFL.com
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2008, 10:26:13 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
#18 is coming...

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2008, 10:29:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
He is better than anybody currently on the market, has a better arm than anyone on the market and our qbs on the active roster. Plus he had 8 years or so with Moss(the vocal point of our offense) in Minnesota.

Don't fool yourself about Culpepper.  Over the past three seasons, he's appeared in 18 games (with 17 starts).  He's thrown for 13 touchdowns and 20 interceptions.  In none of those three seasons did he average more than one TD per game, and in none of them did he throw more TDs than INTs.

Of course, as poor as Culpepper was, he's still probably better than Chris Simms.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Brady may never be the same.
The mechanic of his throwing is perfection, from his shoulders, to his legs, to his hips, to everything.

I feel worse then when Bledsoe went down
This could turn into the offense of the chicago bears--
our defense can only do so much

Re: Tom Brady
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I for one am going to feel better about myself cheering for this team.  With Tom I was cheering for laundry.  In my opinion he's an arrogant jerk.  Last year I said I missed the lovable underdogs who overachieved in 01.  Looks like we've got another team like that on our hands.

so tom was ok with you in 2001 though?

odd.

I think it's safe to say his attitude and image has changed quite a bit since 2001.  I think between the Super Bowl loss and this injury he will be humbled a bit.

i think his image has changed but i wouldn't necasarily say his attitude did, in press conferences and interviews he always seems down to earth. i back tom brady. although i agree with you about this making the regular season MUCH more interesting.

does anyone know if this is the type of situation where he could be back for the playoffs if we make it? or is this like...we need to do without him, becuase i'm pretty sure that i'd take our defense next to anybody's and randy/welker is still the best WR combo in the NFL.

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2008, 11:01:56 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
He is better than anybody currently on the market, has a better arm than anyone on the market and our qbs on the active roster. Plus he had 8 years or so with Moss(the vocal point of our offense) in Minnesota.

Don't fool yourself about Culpepper.  Over the past three seasons, he's appeared in 18 games (with 17 starts).  He's thrown for 13 touchdowns and 20 interceptions.  In none of those three seasons did he average more than one TD per game, and in none of them did he throw more TDs than INTs.

Of course, as poor as Culpepper was, he's still probably better than Chris Simms.

Although I agree about Culpepper, I think Simms could potentially be a good pickup.  I don't like him as a backup, but I think if you bring him in as the starter, he has the ability to give this team a chance to compete in the playoffs...I don't think Culpepper has that in him anymore.

Then again, I think this team can compete with Cassell in there as well.  As great as Brady is, this team is so loaded with talent, if their defense plays up to its potential (particularly the young guys), and the line plays like they did in the first game, they can still compete with anyone.

The one thing people need to realize is that this team still has the best big play reciever in the league, along with arguably the best posession reciever, and 4 incredibly dangerous runningbacks.  Yes, the difficulty level just increased a lot, but IMO, if the O-line is as good as they showed today, the offense just went from "best ever" to possibly above average.  So if the defense steps up, they still are right at the top of the league.

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 11:11:37 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Brady may never be the same.
The mechanic of his throwing is perfection, from his shoulders, to his legs, to his hips, to everything.

I feel worse then when Bledsoe went down
This could turn into the offense of the chicago bears--
our defense can only do so much

I disagree...in fact I think he'll come back stronger than ever.

That much time off gives him ample opportunity to have all the smaller, nagging injuries heal.

Plenty of people come back from worse knee injuries...Brady is a pocket QB and only needs a few steps to elude pass rushers. Plus it's not his plant leg.

Also, there's no way he's not absolutely livid right now. Just more motivation to come back and destroy NFL defenses when he's healthy.

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008, 11:11:42 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Although I agree about Culpepper, I think Simms could potentially be a good pickup.  I don't like him as a backup, but I think if you bring him in as the starter, he has the ability to give this team a chance to compete in the playoffs...I don't think Culpepper has that in him anymore.

I think Cassel is a better QB than Simms right now.  Simms hasn't played since Game 3 of 2006, a season during which he was terrible.  For his career, Simms has 12 TDs and 17 INTs, has a career completion percentage of 59.1%, and has averaged 6.3 yards per pass attempt, with a QB rating of 71.2.  Those are all pretty mediocre-to-poor numbers, and keep in mind that he put all of those up before undergoing serious surgery to remove his spleen (after which he hasn't played a down).

I think they should just go with Cassel.  He's familiar with the offense, has some chemistry with the players, and has shown some skills.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I think Cassel is a better QB than Simms right now.  Simms hasn't played since Game 3 of 2006, a season during which he was terrible.  For his career, Simms has 12 TDs and 17 INTs, has a career completion percentage of 59.1%, and has averaged 6.3 yards per pass attempt, with a QB rating of 71.2.  Those are all pretty mediocre-to-poor numbers, and keep in mind that he put all of those up before undergoing serious surgery to remove his spleen (after which he hasn't played a down).

I think they should just go with Cassel.  He's familiar with the offense, has some chemistry with the players, and has shown some skills.

Agreed.  And I don't think the experience in the system can be understated.

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2008, 11:22:16 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
We should resign Troy Brown, he could play QB,DB, and return kicks.

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 11:23:03 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
We should resign Troy Brown, he could play QB,DB, and return kicks.

haha, i said this today.

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 11:34:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Two Words. Michael. Bishop.

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2008, 11:45:18 PM »

Offline Can97

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4