Author Topic: Tom Brady Out for the Season  (Read 31515 times)

Re: Tom Brady
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 08:35:15 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wow, check out the comments at the end of this article...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/09/randy_moss_on_d.html

Seeing these comments tells me 2 things, first, there is a lot of hate out there and second, the guys who run this blog do a great job of keeping that crap out.

TP to you for that comment.  You are absolutely right, the mods here do a great job of keeping things civil, which I imagine isn't always easy....
Celtics fan for life.

Tom Brady Reportedly Out for the Season
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 08:36:22 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
NFL Network has just reported that Tom Brady is out for the season.

I'll post a link when I find one online, but........         :'(
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I for one am going to feel better about myself cheering for this team.  With Tom I was cheering for laundry.  In my opinion he's an arrogant jerk.  Last year I said I missed the lovable underdogs who overachieved in 01.  Looks like we've got another team like that on our hands.

so tom was ok with you in 2001 though?

odd.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I for one am going to feel better about myself cheering for this team.  With Tom I was cheering for laundry.  In my opinion he's an arrogant jerk.  Last year I said I missed the lovable underdogs who overachieved in 01.  Looks like we've got another team like that on our hands.

so tom was ok with you in 2001 though?

odd.

I think it's safe to say his attitude and image has changed quite a bit since 2001.  I think between the Super Bowl loss and this injury he will be humbled a bit.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
At the very least it will give the rest of the team an opportunity to step up.  The quarterback always gets a ton of the credit for a team's success (and in Brady's case it is certainly deserving), but there are a lot of great players on this team who will now have ample opportunity to prove that this team is more than just a pretty face at QB.

Should be interesting.

That's a good point...hopefully this injury will be something for the team to rally around.  Much like last year with this team trying to prove they didn't need any type of videotapes to win a game, maybe every player will now play that much harder to prove that it's not the end of the world that Tom Brady is out for the season.  I'm not saying it's gonna work, I'm not saying we're still gonna win 13 or 14 games cause I don't think that's gonna happen, but I do think it will help at least a little bit for this season.

Re: Tom Brady Reportedly Out for the Season
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
OK, so here's how I see this playing out. Cassell becomes the thew scrappy youngster who leads this team to like a 10-6 record. They fight their way through the playoffs and make the conference final, Cassell gets hurt and the team starts Brady in the AFC championship game. Before the Super Bowl there's this massive quarterback controversy. Bellichek stands by his QB, and the scrappy cassell goes on to win the Super Bowl and international fame.

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Simms coming in for a workout.

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Word is that Chris Simms is on the short list, and will be taking a physical tomorrow.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
OK, so here's how I see this playing out. Cassell becomes the thew scrappy youngster who leads this team to like a 10-6 record. They fight their way through the playoffs and make the conference final, Cassell gets hurt and the team starts Brady in the AFC championship game. Before the Super Bowl there's this massive quarterback controversy. Bellichek stands by his QB, and the scrappy cassell goes on to win the Super Bowl and international fame.
Isn't that what happened in the Steelers game in 2001?  Brady got hurt and Bledsoe came back in and played well.  But then Belichik stuck with Brady for the superbowl.   The main difference between then an now though is that Brady is about 10 times better than Bledsoe ever was.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2008, 09:18:48 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Word is that Chris Simms is on the short list, and will be taking a physical tomorrow.

Interesting.....Isn't Belichick good friends with Phil Simms or something?

I would still prefer Culpepper though.

And I would hope that Cassel starts over Simms or Culpepper
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2008, 09:19:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I never wish injuries on players, but if it had to be someone, sweet that it was him!

Looks like Celts won't have much competition for attention after the Sox finish their season/postseason

Culpepper is available. He's familiar with Moss!

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
NFL Network has just reported that Tom Brady is out for the season.

I'll post a link when I find one online, but........         :'(

Woah. Pats are doom. Jets could win the division. I feel bad for Moss.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2008, 09:29:06 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Well it sucks for Brady but there are 52 other players on the team with an opportunity to prove that they can help the Patriots win, too.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2008, 09:42:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sorry guys this is all my fault. In Jeff's FFL thread where he asked what to do with the 1st and 3rd picks in the draft I advised against picking Brady and/or Manning so high in a keeper league because sooner or later their extremely unnatural consecutive games streak would come to an end big time with injuries.

Of course I was told you can't draft thinking someone is going to be injured and that person was right. But still, QBs just don't play as many consecutive games as Manning, Brady and Favre without sooner or later going down for an extended period of time. They are in the most vulnerable position to get hit with a serious injury considering how their bodies are trying to perform one act that is about as polar an opposite to bracing for a serious hit to prevent injury as a football player can be.(Punters aren't football players)

[dang] it. I put the whammy on the whole freaking season. Sorry guys. My bad.

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 09:51:53 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
anyone see any irony here? first time brady hasn't been on the injury list in like 50 weeks or whatever it was and he gets hurt for the first time?