Author Topic: Tom Brady Out for the Season  (Read 31510 times)

Tom Brady Out for the Season
« on: September 07, 2008, 01:29:38 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
UH 0H. that didnt look good at all. & this is why i hate players who dive at the legs. look what happened.
Culpepper should of been signed as a vet. back up
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 03:14:28 PM by Chris »

Re: Tom Brady
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 01:40:40 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
Season is over.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
I don't know if this a season ending injury but it looked bad.. really bad...
#18 is coming...

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Any updates for those of us who live out of market?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Any updates for those of us who live out of market?

The team says he's "questionable" for return for today's game.  Pats, of course, are very guarded about injury situations so take that with a grain of salt.

Anyways, Cassel to Moss.  7-0 Patriots

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:54:23 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
It didn't look that bad but it wasn't my knee.  The last update said questionable for this game.  But if Cassel keeps playing like he did his first drive, I'm guessing that Belichick lets Brady sit whether he's able to play or not.

Daunte Culpepper, leave your phone on.  Your little sanctimonious letter might end up hurting you.  But Belichick has a history of taking on talented players with baggage and Belichick likes having a vet third string quarterback.  This might be a wake-up call for Belichick regardless of whether Brady is OK or not.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:45:13 PM by Finkelskyhook »

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 03:06:40 PM »

Offline brownbagger

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0
Just announced that Tom Brady is offficial out for the rest of the game

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 04:13:25 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Bad start to the season. Could be a sign.  :o The Jets looked impressive in their season opener, too. Patriots better watch out for them.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 04:23:40 PM »

Offline blazingarrow

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 45
Bad start to the season. Could be a sign.  :o The Jets looked impressive in their season opener, too. Patriots better watch out for them.

Don't worry. Bret Favre is a choker and the Jets are the Jets. They'll look good this season, then crumble in the playoffs.

The Pats, on the other hand, are very lucky they have a cupcake schedule this year. Even without Brady, they have a good chance to limp their way into the playoffs. After that, they're probably screwed.

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

Am I the only one sick and tired of Tom Brady "the celeb"? 

Love the QB, just like the rest of everyone, but I OD'ed on all the commercials and the off field BS.  And in my mind, the thing is, he brings this disdain on himself. Anyone see the Globe sports section today (No, not the front page of the Globe with the Brady article); page 3 has Brady in two NetJets ads. 

I have no problem with the dude having it, but I am a bit tired of him flaunting it.  Jealous...not a chance, I begrudge him not a single cent, nor a single babe...it's just that in this economy and in this "blue collar" area, it doesn't sit well.

Anyone else feel this way or am I off base?
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 05:19:18 PM »

Offline larry

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4

Love the QB, just like the rest of everyone, but I OD'ed on all the commercials and the off field BS.  And in my mind, the thing is, he brings this disdain on himself. Anyone see the Globe sports section today (No, not the front page of the Globe with the Brady article); page 3 has Brady in two NetJets ads. 

I have no problem with the dude having it, but I am a bit tired of him flaunting it.  Jealous...not a chance, I begrudge him not a single cent, nor a single babe...it's just that in this economy and in this "blue collar" area, it doesn't sit well.

Well we're talking about Tom Brady the football player, specifically if he will play.  His knee won't cancel his endorsements.  So really, the only person discussing his off field success is you.  It might be a valid point, but your timing is a little harsh.

I hope his knee is ok and he returns to playing asap.

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »

Offline brownbagger

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0

Just step on his other leg,why dont you? I don't find Tom is being to flashy or over the top.

Blame the media sometimes for putting his life under a microscope and publicizing his every move.I don't see

him doing anything out of the ordinary of things most professional athletes are doing.At least he is not

getting caught doing any illegal substances.I find this is bad timing to bring his flaws up,if  there are

any to bring up.

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

Well we're talking about Tom Brady the football player, specifically if he will play.  His knee won't cancel his endorsements.  So really, the only person discussing his off field success is you.  It might be a valid point, but your timing is a little harsh.

I hope his knee is ok and he returns to playing asap.

Larry, good point on the timing and I too obviously hope he's ok both for himself and of course for the team.

The timing of my thoughts more coincide with the Globe front page story and his NetJet ads that were out today than his injury today.  I was intending to share this thought processs (read it's own thread) before the injury. 

Please don't respond to this if you are going to try to say I dislike the Pats or if you are going to try to say I am piling on an injured player -- both are completely untrue.  Please feel free to discuss if you don't mind the off field glamour boy life he's leading.  Does anyone else think its a more than a coincidence that Brady didn't fully partake in preseason workouts (parking space) and the injuries that kept him 100% out of preseason?
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 07:17:48 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
what commercials?

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 07:28:54 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
All the talk bout his foot and this happens. play can be limited with a injured foot, but with a kneee? no you need it for everything, especially the qb.
im going to think positive and say he will play next week
if not, Culpepper come to New England. He has ties with Moss and his arm is still strong as ever and plus he's the top Qb on the market. We are a passing team and i dont think Cassell can lead this team for 16 plus games