Author Topic: Randolph to Memphis?  (Read 6106 times)

Re: Randolph to Memphis?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
This still does not make sense to me in terms of building a team in Memphis but maybe that isn't Wallace's objective.  If he gets Zach in and he starts to put up big numbers (which he will) maybe he can be flipped midseason for a package that makes more sense for Memphis.  So Wallace isn't trying to build a team as much as simply accumulate assets (I wonder where he could have gotten that idea).  It is debatable as to how much of an asset Randolph will turn out to be and it is also debatable whether Wallace is that smart.

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 03:16:31 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Z-Bo isn't an asset, he's a millstone. If the Knicks threw in an unprotected 2009 first rounder or David Lee I might consider it if I were the Grizz.

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 03:25:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
If Memphis can get a pick out of NY, then this is a good deal.  I agree with a previous poster that the idea is to flip Z-Bo at a later point for someone else.  Memphis benefits by getting rid of Marko Jaric who will never get off the bench.  True, they give up on Darko, but.... they wouldn't be the first.
BTW, Antoine Walker is an asset at this point -- since his contract has a team option for next year, it is basically a $9M expiring contract -- that could come in really useful in February.
Celtics fan for life.