Author Topic: Randolph to Memphis?  (Read 6077 times)

Randolph to Memphis?
« on: September 05, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
ESPN is now running this http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3571031

I don't see it.  Memphis doesn't need another PF.  It would make more sense if Antoine was involved.  Wouldn't that be fun?

Re: Randolph to Memphis?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:29:37 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
why would anyone want randolph?

Become Legendary.

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:38:21 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Well Darko and Marko both suck, so when you subtract their salaries from what Randolph is owed, he comes at a more reasonable price. The Griz already have Conley, Mayo, and Gay, so they need a low post threat, so Randolph fits in I guess. Still don't think they'll be very good, but some rationale for the deal. The Knicks would become more foreign which I'm assuming Dantoni likes and Darko and Marko might perform better in that system. If I'm New York and I can subtract Randolph and add Adriana Lima to my city, I'm very happy.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Hold on.

Zach Randolph to the rebuilding Griz?

Are they trying to ruin OJ Mayo before he even gets to start his career? And what about Gay? And Conley? These are young guys who are going to be around an idiot every day. Not to mention getting rid of Darko, who still has the potential to be a quality Center.

Awful for Memphis. Is Chris Wallace still in charge there? Forgive my ignorance. I hope they fold and move to Seattle to become the new Seattle Supersonics.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Hold on.

Are they trying to ruin OJ Mayo before he even gets to start his career? And what about Gay? And Conley? These are young guys who are going to be around an idiot every day. Not to mention getting rid of Darko, who still has the potential to be a quality Center.

Awful for Memphis.

Exactly what I was going to say. TP.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Hold on.

Awful for Memphis. Is Chris Wallace still in charge there? Forgive my ignorance. I hope they fold and move to Seattle to become the new Seattle Supersonics.
I haven't heard anything about Randolph since he left the Blazers.  In fact I haven't heard much of anything from the Blazers since Miles and to a lesser extent Telfair left.  I really think Randolph will be fine, I mean he is fine in NY, what kind of trouble can he really get into in Memphis.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:11:09 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
If they are able to include Jarkic's awful contract, Randolph is more palatable. 

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:30:13 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Well it's Donnie Walsh who is proposing this trade, not Chris Wallace.

I'd rather have Darko than Randolph.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 11:12:13 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I see the trade making sense...BUT I could make it seeing more sense if it was...

Z-Bo and Starbury in exchange for Antoine, Marko, and Milicic..
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:14:37 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
Well it's Donnie Walsh who is proposing this trade, not Chris Wallace.

I'd rather have Darko than Randolph.

Obviously straight up, Darko would be more palatable, but NY has to take Marko and his 3 yrs and contract too. Adriana Lima not withstanding, that is a huge weight to take on and reports are that Memphis also wants a first rounder from NY. Walsh dropped the ball on getting rid of Randolph when he could of shipped him off to the Clips and not have to take contracts back, but got greedy (asking for Gordon).

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 11:15:39 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
I see the trade making sense...BUT I could make it seeing more sense if it was...

Starbury would be the ideal mentor for OJ Mayo ;)

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 11:24:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The ESPN item was updated on Sept 5, so this isn't exactly breaking news.

JohnnyRondo is right, Memphis is asking for a 1st rounder as well, which means Donnie Walsh wants something else added to the mix, apparently.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54321/20080908/source_grizzlies_demanding_1st_round_pick_from_knicks/
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:53 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Starbury would be the ideal mentor for OJ Mayo ;)

I kinda rushed that idea..so let me explain. Z-Bo and Marbury, neither can be considered "mentors" but both have enough talent to win games if the pieces and management are behind them. And for roster numbers to work NY could throw in a SF like Chandler, and we'll let them decide on the draft pick exchanges. So look at my rosters....

Starbury, Conley, Arthur, Lowry              Duhon, Nate Robinson, Collins           
OJ Mayo, Buckner, FREE AGENT                 Crawford, Jaric
Rudy Gay, Warrick , Chandler                 Q-Rich, Jeffries, Ewing JR
Randolph, Marc Gasol                         D-Lee, Gallinari, Antoine
Haddadi, FREE AGENT                          Eddy Curry, Milicic, Malik Rose

Memphis would have some holes to fill still with free agents for C and SF/SG(just like Boston) but it could be anyone to consume 5-10 minutes per game since the starting 5 looks like players bound to average 38-40 MPG.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 09:17:54 AM »

Offline Galiza Ceive

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
Marc Gasol is a pure center not a PF. Actually, he will be a better center in two years than what Milicic is so if I was Memphis I will get rid of him as soon as possible (although Randolph would not be my choice of course)

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Marco Jaric dating Adriana Lima?  That's even worse than ZBO poisoning the youth brigade down in memphis. :)  He's gotta be one of the top 5 ugliest guys in the league, or world for that matter.  Well he must be really well....never mind. ;).....oh wait isn't she a self proclaimed virgin?  Maybe he's the only nerd out of any "celeb" that fears the rules of Christianity.

As for ZBO-

Memphis must really think that they won't be able to lure any good FA's down there in the summer of 2010.  Weren't they clearing space just for that reason?  There's gotta be someone better they can get from a team looking to unload salary.  Camby even at 34 is far more valuable and was a steal IMO.  I guess ZBO's age fits in for their long term plans, but chemistry wise?  C'mon.   
Truuuuuuuuuth!