Author Topic: Tinsley and Daniels to Warriors?  (Read 2724 times)

Tinsley and Daniels to Warriors?
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
This morning I read (Real GM) about discussions between Golden State and Indiana regarding a trade that would include the following:

Warriors Receive
-Jamal Tinsley
-Marquis Daniels

Pacers Receive
-Al Harrington
- Possible filler you player (Randolph or Wright)

While this is an initial rumor, I’m sure if this deal goes down it would likely be constructed differently. However, reading this gave me several thoughts from Golden State’s perspective.

Golden State’s Locker Room 
-Really??
This move would add a lit match to an already combustible locker room atmosphere. When your team is being lead by Captain Jack, who I credit for changing his ways, do you really want to bring in a guy like Tinsley AND Marquis Daniels??!! I can’t even begin to discuss the potential problems I would foresee by putting the 3 Amigos back together. I again can’t say enough about how impressive Stephen Jackson has been on the basketball court. I give Mullin a lot of credit for taking a big gamble on him and having it pay off so well. However, if this move goes down, I serious question whether Mullin is a shrewd Executive or just someone throwing odd ball ideas off the wall to see if they stick.  Combine this with the recent trade for Marcus Williams, it almost seems like Mullin is putting together a potential Outside the Lines story rather than a basketball team.

If I’m a Warriors fan I’m already floored by everything that’s happened this offseason and this would just put me over the edge. First, you lose the face or your franchise in Baron Davis. Then you desperately try and find the next suitable replacement, only to end up with a talented but highly over-rated shooting guard, whose skills can be found in another player for at least half the price. Then you publically travel to Alabama (maybe not publicly, but widely rumored) to “investigate” the legitimacy of your new franchise players injury, Monta Ellis. This deal would be the turd flavored icing on the cake for this team’s offseason.   

Golden State’s basketball Implication
-Even from a solely basketball standpoint (eliminating character concerns) this deal makes no sense. Three years ago, Al Harrington was being touted as an up and coming Second Option type of player. However, after his trade to Golden State, he seemed to take so many steps backwards in his progress. I think he still has immense talent and could be a great option in the right system. The fact that he would be the player potentially sent out to bring in Tinsley and Daniels is honestly funny. Tinsley is widely regarded as over the hill and someone who has “buyout” written all over him and Daniels has been a major disappointment since he arrived in Indy.

If this deal goes down it’s really a shame. Golden State has one of the best fan bases in the NBA and this deal would put them so far in the wrong direction. For a team that has made so many steps in the right direction over the last two seasons, it’s sad to such an ill fated reconstruction in process.   
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

Re: Tinsley and Daniels to Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I love it.

Tinsley, Daniels and Jackson, back together again.

They made for so many great off the court stories. 

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:58:22 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm sure Indiana would love to do this deal.   The opportunity to dump Tinsley's horrid contract?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Yes, I would imagine Indiana would be throwing in a least a 1st rounder.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 11:02:40 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Or ten.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 11:20:22 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Or ten.

-sw

I enjoyed the RealGM summary of the "rumor", in which they originally noted that Golden State could throw in Brandan Wright or Anthony Randolph to make salaries match.  Haha.  Nice thinking.  (They've since changed it.) 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • We not Me
Couldn't gree more, Roy.

I also chuckled reading the inital rumor with "throw-ins." Randolph or Wright

Maybe Indiana could "throw in" Danny Granger to make sure salaries work!  ;D
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 11:24:20 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Mullin doesn't seem to be the smartest gm around, I could see him throwing in Wright.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
The Warriors can't possibly be this desperate for point guard help in Monta's absence, can they?  Shaun Livingston wouldn't be a better idea?  Or giving free rein to Marcus 'the Thief' Williams?

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • We not Me
Why even trade for Marcus Williams?

The rumors of Livingston or Tinsley say two things:
Either:
-We have no confidence in a guy we just traded for
Or
-We have no idea what we’re doing. Every personnel move we make is a knee-jerk reaction to the most recent calamity.

I’m unfortunately leaning towards a little bit of both scenarios.
-Danny Ainge