Author Topic: What Do I Do?  (Read 5493 times)

What Do I Do?
« on: September 04, 2008, 02:10:05 PM »

Offline yngbamm

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I got Romo and Mcnabb at the QB spot Westbrook,gore, and lendale White at RB spot also have Tory Holt,Roy williams and a bunch of other averge WR's....now i been proposed a trade, Westbrook and Mcnabb for Brady and Steve Smith..do i do it? or should i try and get Brady Steve Smith and Jamal Lewis for Romo and Westbrook?

Re: What Do I Do?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
with smith suspended, i'd get soemthign more back.

westbrook is one of the 4 "elite" backs. you dont trade him unless its for brady and a stud. not brady and a decent WR whos suspended for punching a teammate.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 02:23:50 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I would do it 1) if you get to start 2 QBs or 2) if you start 1 QB but can find someone to take Romo for a good back....

Actually... who are your other backs?

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 02:24:24 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I wouldn't do it.  Brady might have a more normal year so Romo could be close to him in production.  Westbrook should have a great year, and the dropoff to a WR (even a good one) is too much to give up.
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »

Offline yngbamm

• Jordan Walsh
my other backs besides westbrook is gore and lendale white but i would try to trade romo for another back and maybe pick up vince young as a backup qb...so i would start Tom,gore,white,and 3 WR'S so roy,holt,and smith (after suspension) but until then kevin curtis from philly..mean while try to dump romo for a decent RB

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
No way.

Romo will likely put up similar numbers to Brady this year.

Westbrook will likely put up significantly more then Smith.

bad trade for you.  It also doesnt seem necessary.  Unless you can get a dominant RB for Romo (which I am not sure, because you wont have a lot of leverage) I just dont see the point

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 03:03:46 PM »

Offline yngbamm

• Jordan Walsh
what if it was romo/westbrook for brady/smith/lewis?

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 03:13:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
what if it was romo/westbrook for brady/smith/lewis?

lewis is half the tail back westbrook is, if that.

i mean, you have one of the top 5 points getters in FF in westbrook, why so eagar to move him?

who are your other backs?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

He mentioned Westbrook, Gore, and Lendale White.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 03:18:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

that would make me more inclined to hold onto westbrook.

gore is nice, but tends to be middle of the road on points. white is meh.

you can't trade westbrook unless your getting a good back in return + value.

the romo- westbrook trade is ok on brady, but steve smith is suspended for 4 games. lewis is a 3rd down back at the moment, and doesnt hit long homeruns (i.e 70 yard TD screen passes) like westbrook does.

I would not do that trade.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 03:33:57 PM »

Offline yngbamm

• Jordan Walsh
thanks for the advice everyone! i guess i was just hoping i could find another reason to cheer for Brady  ;D

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 04:39:12 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

the romo- westbrook trade is ok on brady, but steve smith is suspended for 4 games. lewis is a 3rd down back at the moment, and doesnt hit long homeruns (i.e 70 yard TD screen passes) like westbrook does.

Smith is only suspended for 2 games.

And Lewis is their starting RB.  I dont want him on my fantasy team, but he did rush for 1300 yards, 9 tds, with 250 more yards recieving and 2 tds last year.  He had a much better season last year then his last couple...

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

And Lewis is their starting RB.  I dont want him on my fantasy team, but he did rush for 1300 yards, 9 tds, with 250 more yards recieving and 2 tds last year.  He had a much better season last year then his last couple...

ok, my fault its 2 games. but what, exactly are you upgrading with this trade?

you are losing the NFL's leading rusher and yards from scrimmage back. a number one option in his offense.

You are upgrading at QB, certainly, but its not like romo is trash.

and in return you get a WR (who are hit and miss in fantasy, not worth half of what a RB is.) who will only play 14 games at best.

you get a RB who had one decent year after two horrid ones, and doesnt get as many carries.

so your essential giving this guy one of the elite backs, taking back a meh one, and slightly upgrading your QB. why would you do this?

westbrook should not be part of any deal you make. he's to valuable. he's far more valuable than anything your getting back in either of those trades.

if you could do it for gore, mabey, white, defintly.

westbrook? no way.

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

ok, my fault its 2 games. but what, exactly are you upgrading with this trade?

you are losing the NFL's leading rusher and yards from scrimmage back. a number one option in his offense.

You are upgrading at QB, certainly, but its not like romo is trash.

and in return you get a WR (who are hit and miss in fantasy, not worth half of what a RB is.) who will only play 14 games at best.

you get a RB who had one decent year after two horrid ones, and doesnt get as many carries.

so your essential giving this guy one of the elite backs, taking back a meh one, and slightly upgrading your QB. why would you do this?

westbrook should not be part of any deal you make. he's to valuable. he's far more valuable than anything your getting back in either of those trades.

if you could do it for gore, mabey, white, defintly.

westbrook? no way.

I agree with you.  If you go back up and read the thread, I said no way I would do it.

Just pointing out the error.