Poll

Which team would win the "fake" Southeast Division in 2008-09?

Atlanta (Rondo, Richardson, Deng, Randolph, Chandler, etc.)
2 (10.5%)
 Charlotte (D. Williams, Gordon, M. Williams, J. O'Neal, M. Gasol, etc.)
4 (21.1%)
Miami (Davis, N. Young, J. Green, May, Kaman, etc.)
0 (0%)
Orlando (Billups, Stuckey, Granger, Duncan, Miller, etc.)
12 (63.2%)
 Washington (Felton, J.R. Smith, Outlaw, Blatche, Okafor, etc.)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Celticsblog Mock GM Press Conferences: Southeast Division  (Read 22749 times)

Re: Celticsblog Mock GM Press Conferences: Southeast Division
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2008, 12:06:03 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I am the late taker of the GM position of the Miami Heat.  Although I was unable to do my own draft, I feel I have a roster I can work with.  So, we'll start with my roster.

Baron Davis PG 6'1" 29 years old
Jeff Green SF 6'9" 22
Nick Young SG 6'6" 23
Sean May PF 6'9" 22 - pending trade
Chris Kaman C 7'0" 26 - pending trade
Adam Morrison SF 6'8" 22 - pending trade
Brook Lopez C 7'0" 20 - Rookie
Ike Dougu SF 6'8" 25
Eduardo Najera SF 6'8" 32
Anthony Carter PG 6'2" 33
Mario Chalmers PG 6'1" 22 - Rookie
George Hill G 6'2" 22 - Rookie
Jason Smith PF 7'0" 22
Dwayne Jones PF 6'11" 25
Tiago Splitter PF 6'11" 23 - Europe
Josh Childress SG 6'8" 25 - Europe

Starters:

PG - Baron Davis
    Baron is a premier player in the NBA.  He is one of the most capable PGs in the league.  Not only is he a great distributor, he is a very good rebounder for his position and is always on the list of top scorers in the league.  He is the team's captain and best player.  Definitely a good choice to lead this young squad in the right direction

SG - Nick Young
    Nick Young is unproven to this point, but has shown that he is a young stud with loads of potential. He scored 27 points against the Lakers last year and I believe he will top that numerous times this coming year.

SF - Jeff Green
    Jeff Green is a proven young stud.  He averaged over 10ppg in his rookie season.  Knowing that he was traded for Ray Allen says a lot by itself.  He is a very good defensive player and will be our best wing defender.  John Thompson III (his college coach) said that Jeff is the smartest player he has ever coached.  It will be nice to have someone with that kind of basketball IQ on the team.  Hopefully he will be able to impress some of that on some of the other young guys.  We will also be counting on him for consistent scoring.

PF - Sean May
    May is a solid inside player who is young with much room to still grow.  He has proven he will be a good contributor for many years to come.  May can score points and will always rebound.  He is just one of those guys that's a pain in the opposing team's a**. 

C - Chris Kaman
    Kaman is a big man who can do a lot of things.  He's still only 26 and has already shown he is without a doubt "starter talent" in the NBA.  He can score, block shots and rebound with the best of them.  He does nothing flashy but is a guy you can count on night in and night out.

Bench:

Brook Lopez - A young center who dominated in college.  His upside is up there with the best young players.  He will block shots and help our interior defense off the bench immensely.

Ike Diogu - Another guy that is capable of doing a little of everything.  He's a good rebounder and defender.  Ike will definitely see some good minutes on this team.

Adam Morrison - We all saw what he is capable of when he was at Gonzaga.  A pure shooter who can score in any number of ways.  Coming back from a torn ACL last year, but is expected to make a full recovery and be a good bench guy for this team. 

Anthony Carter - Our backup PG.  He will be giving Baron a breath once in a while.  A solid vet point guard who has a proven track record.  Will also be a good mentor for Mario Chalmers.

Mario Chalmers - Rookie PG who showed in the NCAA finals that he is not afraid to take the important shot - and make it!  Although he apparently has a pot smoking problem, Mario could turn out to be a steal.

Eduardo Najera - another seasoned vet who gets under opponents' skin.  Decent defender, good shooter - will give us another dependable option if Morrison isn't getting it done. 

George Hill - Rookie guard who could surprise some people.  Hill went undrafted even though he had great numbers in college.  Athletic and a good scorer.  Hopefully other teams will wonder why they didn't take a chance on him in the 2nd round.

George Hill was taken by the San Antonio Spurs with the 26th pick in the first round.

Sorry...my bad
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.