Poll

Which team would win the "fake" Southeast Division in 2008-09?

Atlanta (Rondo, Richardson, Deng, Randolph, Chandler, etc.)
2 (10.5%)
 Charlotte (D. Williams, Gordon, M. Williams, J. O'Neal, M. Gasol, etc.)
4 (21.1%)
Miami (Davis, N. Young, J. Green, May, Kaman, etc.)
0 (0%)
Orlando (Billups, Stuckey, Granger, Duncan, Miller, etc.)
12 (63.2%)
 Washington (Felton, J.R. Smith, Outlaw, Blatche, Okafor, etc.)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Celticsblog Mock GM Press Conferences: Southeast Division  (Read 22747 times)

Re: Celticsblog Mock GM Press Conferences: Southeast Division
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 07:05:06 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Here’s how we see those 3 teams:

3. Pistons
2. Knicks
1. Nets

... And how we matchup against them ...

I think Orlando definitely has the overall edge over Detroit, thanks to the PF and PG spots.

Orlando vs. Knicks and Nets is less definitive. I'm not sold that Barnes will be quick enough to defend SGs, or Harpring will be able to keep up with the quick SFs who aren't "power threes" like he is (do Harpring's knees even have any cartilage left in them at all?). The Nets, in particular, pose the greatest threat to Orlando's title hopes, of those three.

If that is an issue (Harpring) which i'm not convinced it is, then we'll just make sure Granger comes in/out when Pierce/Lewis do... Granger is 4 years younger than Lewis, 7 than Pierce.

Harpring is on the downside of his career, but he played in 76 games, 18 mpg for the Jazz who made it to the WC semis....

If the biggest concerns folks have are my bench wings (Barnes not being a SG (which off the bench matters less), and Harpring being old (he's a whopping 6 months older than James Posey and played 2,000 fewer minutes (both have had injury problems over the years) then I'm feeling pretty good  ;)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 07:06:33 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

PG worries me a lot more than PF --- i don't think the PF is even close --- but neither Duncan or Billups is *that old*.  Duncan is 4 weeks older thank KG, Billups is 4 months younger.  Now KG is obviously a freak, but it's not like their Jason Kidd.

Any depth at PF in the SE Conf. is b/c the starters are average.

Like i wrote, we plan on reducing Billups/Duncan's minutes over the course of the season to keep them fresh.  ATL worries me the most with Rondo/JRich, but i like our frontcourt much better.

As far as comparing frontcourts goes, I think the Chandler acquisition narrows the gap a bit for me. I'll probably have Chandler mark Duncan on defense, and let Randolph bang with Miller. Still, you have the edge this season.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

I'm down to my last hour of availability to answer/field questions, before I leave on a long weekend (last gasp of the summer).

Since celtsrp33 already alluded to the pending trade between the Hawks and the Heat, I've updated my roster in my sig below. Feel free to comment/critique: I'll respond when I can later.

ATL - I've got you 2nd in the divison... where do you feel you rank in the east?  I think i might actually place you ahead of the Pistons (just don't like their mix) at 4th....

Another vacation?  What do you do and how do i become one? ;D

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

PG worries me a lot more than PF --- i don't think the PF is even close --- but neither Duncan or Billups is *that old*.  Duncan is 4 weeks older thank KG, Billups is 4 months younger.  Now KG is obviously a freak, but it's not like their Jason Kidd.

Any depth at PF in the SE Conf. is b/c the starters are average.

Like i wrote, we plan on reducing Billups/Duncan's minutes over the course of the season to keep them fresh.  ATL worries me the most with Rondo/JRich, but i like our frontcourt much better.

As far as comparing frontcourts goes, I think the Chandler acquisition narrows the gap a bit for me. I'll probably have Chandler mark Duncan on defense, and let Randolph bang with Miller. Still, you have the edge this season.

True, i like the deal.  Any concerns about Chandler's back long term?

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 07:15:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

ATL - I've got you 2nd in the divison... where do you feel you rank in the east?  I think i might actually place you ahead of the Pistons (just don't like their mix) at 4th....

Another vacation?  What do you do and how do i become one? ;D

Last question first: full-time administrative assistant for a state university, part-time grad student. We're on the quarter system here, so Fall term doesn't start until the end of this month.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure where we rank in the Eastern conference. Maybe somewhere between 4th and 6th, but I'd need to see the head-to-head matchups. Although, given the competitive nature of our division, our record might not be as good as those non-division winners who have the good fortune of being able to beat up on teams planning for the long-term future.

As for Chandler, we'll manage his minutes. Magloire will step in off the bench for 15 or so a night, and McRoberts will be activated for some games when we want to give Chandler a rest. Down the road, I think the odds are good that at least one of our foreign born centers will be able to handle 10-15 minutes a night as a backup or 3rd string center.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:26:41 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008, 07:45:17 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The scariest thing about this division is how good it's going to be in 4 years.

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2008, 12:47:03 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I am the late taker of the GM position of the Miami Heat.  Although I was unable to do my own draft, I feel I have a roster I can work with.  So, we'll start with my roster.

Baron Davis PG 6'1" 29 years old
Jeff Green SF 6'9" 22
Nick Young SG 6'6" 23
Sean May PF 6'9" 22 - pending trade
Chris Kaman C 7'0" 26 - pending trade
Adam Morrison SF 6'8" 22 - pending trade
Brook Lopez C 7'0" 20 - Rookie
Ike Dougu SF 6'8" 25
Eduardo Najera SF 6'8" 32
Anthony Carter PG 6'2" 33
Mario Chalmers PG 6'1" 22 - Rookie
George Hill G 6'2" 22 - Rookie
Jason Smith PF 7'0" 22
Dwayne Jones PF 6'11" 25
Tiago Splitter PF 6'11" 23 - Europe
Josh Childress SG 6'8" 25 - Europe

Starters:

PG - Baron Davis
    Baron is a premier player in the NBA.  He is one of the most capable PGs in the league.  Not only is he a great distributor, he is a very good rebounder for his position and is always on the list of top scorers in the league.  He is the team's captain and best player.  Definitely a good choice to lead this young squad in the right direction

SG - Nick Young
    Nick Young is unproven to this point, but has shown that he is a young stud with loads of potential. He scored 27 points against the Lakers last year and I believe he will top that numerous times this coming year.

SF - Jeff Green
    Jeff Green is a proven young stud.  He averaged over 10ppg in his rookie season.  Knowing that he was traded for Ray Allen says a lot by itself.  He is a very good defensive player and will be our best wing defender.  John Thompson III (his college coach) said that Jeff is the smartest player he has ever coached.  It will be nice to have someone with that kind of basketball IQ on the team.  Hopefully he will be able to impress some of that on some of the other young guys.  We will also be counting on him for consistent scoring.

PF - Sean May
    May is a solid inside player who is young with much room to still grow.  He has proven he will be a good contributor for many years to come.  May can score points and will always rebound.  He is just one of those guys that's a pain in the opposing team's a**. 

C - Chris Kaman
    Kaman is a big man who can do a lot of things.  He's still only 26 and has already shown he is without a doubt "starter talent" in the NBA.  He can score, block shots and rebound with the best of them.  He does nothing flashy but is a guy you can count on night in and night out.

Bench:

Brook Lopez - A young center who dominated in college.  His upside is up there with the best young players.  He will block shots and help our interior defense off the bench immensely.

Ike Diogu - Another guy that is capable of doing a little of everything.  He's a good rebounder and defender.  Ike will definitely see some good minutes on this team.

Adam Morrison - We all saw what he is capable of when he was at Gonzaga.  A pure shooter who can score in any number of ways.  Coming back from a torn ACL last year, but is expected to make a full recovery and be a good bench guy for this team. 

Anthony Carter - Our backup PG.  He will be giving Baron a breath once in a while.  A solid vet point guard who has a proven track record.  Will also be a good mentor for Mario Chalmers.

Mario Chalmers - Rookie PG who showed in the NCAA finals that he is not afraid to take the important shot - and make it!  Although he apparently has a pot smoking problem, Mario could turn out to be a steal.

Eduardo Najera - another seasoned vet who gets under opponents' skin.  Decent defender, good shooter - will give us another dependable option if Morrison isn't getting it done. 

George Hill - Rookie guard who could surprise some people.  Hill went undrafted even though he had great numbers in college.  Athletic and a good scorer.  Hopefully other teams will wonder why they didn't take a chance on him in the 2nd round.

George Hill was taken by the San Antonio Spurs with the 26th pick in the first round.

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
9 votes?   

Bump?

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 06:22:14 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
its a lock for orlando.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
yup eve though theyre not spectacular
theyre good enough for this one

Nice job

Man i need more internet time...lol
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2008, 05:59:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
(Note:  this post was made with good intentions.  I don't want to argue with anyone.  This is the last word I'll have on this draft.  If you are someone who doesn't appreciate me as a poster, please just don't bother reading.  I don't want any trouble)

In a shocking and mortifying display, LarBrd33 (former GM of the Charlotte Bobcats), suddenly breaks through security by maniacally swinging a steel chair, drunkenly stumbles onto the press conference podium and grabs the microphone...

"*hiccup*... goodd...evvening... *twitch*... *hiccup*... Ch-ch-ch....ch-chaaaarlotte bawbkittiz fans!! ... hehHEhahahho... *twitch*... *hiccup*... "

-unconfortable pause-

".... Since my forceful banishment from the National CelticsBlog Fantasy Basketball League and subsequently the CelticsBlog universe, I've spent the past 30 days chained up in Roy Hobb's basement... spending half my days sitting in a dimly lit room with nothing but a straight jacket and a CD of Irish folks music... and the other half receiving various forms of shock therapy while watching flashing images that display the concept of ubuntu.    I can now say...  I'm a changed man.  I see the folly in my ways and I wish to repent.  The veto debacle is behind us and this thriving league has carried on in my absence and is heading towards conclusion.   

However... as defending champion of this league (by taking over the Nets last year in the 5th round and turning Yao Ming, Michael Redd, Maurice Williams, Chris Webber, Grant Hill and Stephon Marbury into:  PG - Deron Williams, SG - Rip Hamilton, SF - Andre Iguodala, PF - Chris Bosh, C - Dwight HOward / 6th man - Antawn Jamison), after receiving several PM's asking my opinion of the the league, and after seeing the current ho-hum support of the current state of my once proud franchise ... I feel compelled to simply explain my rationale for the various moves that inevitably left RichT and then Tradetime in their unfortunate position. 

First of all.  This game is all in fun.  And I'm sorry that things got to the point where I had to be suspended for a month because of a silly game.  I love you guys.  A couple of us didn't handle that situation well and as a result I thoroughly annoyed the guy trying to run the league and the majority of my COMPETITORS.  Sorry fellas.

The Bobcats were unquestionable in a position to be a contender, and I feel bad for RichT and eventually Tradetime for trying to pick up the pieces.  Those guys didn't have the benefit of understanding the direction I was taking the team or see how well that team was positioned to dominate.  Since this thing is over now, I'll go ahead and explain my strategy.

My philosophy:
  Rounds 6-15 were worthless to me.   I did everything in my power to position myself pre-draft to have as many picks as possible in the first 5 rounds with an emphasis on rounds 1-3.   I was able to obtain 3 picks in the 1st round.  Point guard and center were by far the most important positions to me.   I desperately wanted to get the best possible point guard and best possible center.  Not only are these the most important positions on an NBA team, but I understood that there is a severe lacking in the NBA for quality players at those positions.  I understood that at some point, my competitors would be willing to pay a premium to bring in a top level guy at those position.  It's easy enough to replace a SG/SF/PF, but to get a top quality PG or C is a heck of a lot harder.   

Center:  Obviously the best option is Dwight Howard.   Beyond that you have Yao Ming.  Who else is a "cornerstone" allstar center that can consistently give you 20 and 10?  Shaq's too old.  Al Jefferson is more of a PF.  Chris Bosh is kinda tiny.  Okafor/Horford are both solid, but not "cornerstones".  Beyond Dwight Howard and Yao there is the "gamble" which is Greg Oden.  He's young and has lots of question marks, but the majority of experts believe he's the future at that position.  I have a lot of respect for Donoghus for taking Greg Oden #12.  It's an inspired choice.  Seriously guys, if you're starting an NBA team tomorrow the two biggest needs are PG and C.  If you can't have one of the two guys who are already "franchise centers" (Yao/Dwight), you obviously want the guy who is widely believed to be the next "franchise center" (Oden).   So my list was narrowed down to three guys:  Dwight #1, Yao #2, Oden #3

Point Guard:  There are only a handful of players in this league that can be classified as "franchise point guards".  Since it's a position of leadership and the most important position on the court, I desperately wanted a cornerstone point guard to lead the team.   Steve Nash and Jason Kidd are fantastic, but their age prevents them from being "cornerstone" point guards.   In my mind, I narrow it down to basically two guys:  Chris Paul and Deron Williams.   There are no substitutes.  There are a handful of average fellas out there like Maurice Williams, TJ Ford, Devin Harris, etc.  And maybe a couple guys who have that "potential" tag like the overrated homer favorite Rajon Rondo or Mike Conley in Memphis.  But basically you got CP and Deron as the only two options.    Beyond them, the only guy I can really understand taking is Derrick Rose.  I'm not sure what the Rose hate is on this board.... the guy was just the #1 pick in the draft and was widely acknowledged by the experts to be the next Chris Paul.   For the same reason you rationalize taking the "question mark" that is Greg Oden... is the same identical reason you would take Derrick Rose.   My list for point guard:  #1 - CP, #2 Deron #3 Rose.   Frankly there are no alternatives.

The Draft Results:

1st round #8 = DERON WILLIAMS - I desperately positioned myself in the first round so I could acquire Deron Williams.   It worked out perfectly.

1st round #16 = YAO MING
-  I meticulously charted out the first round and actually expected to be "reaching" for Greg Oden here.   As I said, I had to applaud Don for taking Oden #12, but as a result Yao Ming completely fell in my lap here.  I loved it.

--At this point, my objective was complete.  I set out to get the best possible PG and the best possible C.  I figured Dwight/CP3 were unquestionable going #2 and #3 in the draft... so to end up with the 2nd best point guard and 2nd best center was FANTASTIC.  I knew that if I could complete that task, I would be operating at a position of power throughout the rest of the draft.   My lack of bench depth was not a concern at all, because I knew full well that once the draft started to play out and people realized their starting PG was Jason Williams and their starting center was Brad Miller, they would certainly be willing to make 2-for-1 deals for one of the "franchise" centers and point guards.   I knew with great certainty that when the opportunity presented itself, I could easily flip Deron or Yao for a couple of allstar caliber players.   This became extremely clear later in the draft when someone actually felt compelled to post a thread about how "there are no centers available!!!".  Yeah... no kidding... hence the point of pre-positioning yourself prior to the draft.  ;) 

- For the rest of the draft I just wanted to take the best player available

1st round #29 = SHAWN MARION -
-  I got a bargain at #29, IMO.  Statistically, this guy is in the top 10 in efficiency every year.  You can't go wrong with a lockdown defender who gives you soemthing like 17 points, 11 rebounds, 2 steals, 1.5 blocks on 50% shooting.  Good value.

2nd round #23 = DERRICK ROSE -   -  I could NOT BELIEVE that Derrick Rose was available at this point.  It was amazing to me.  As I stated above, the most important position in the league is point guard and when I think of "franchise point guards" I had my list down to three guys and three guys only:  CP, Deron... and Derrick Rose (for the same reason you'd put Oden #3 at center).   To see this guy sitting there at #23 was amazing to me.  Not to mention that Michael Beasley was taken 19 picks earlier at 2nd round #5.   I mean... I can't blame anyone for taking Beasley ahead of Rose, but I found it amazing that our board drastically disagreed with the experts who clearly had Rose above Beasley in the actual 2008 NBA draft.   A few people even suggested that taking Rose with the 53rd pick was a "stretch".   Wow.  Not only was this my favorite pick of the draft, but in my mind it basically made my entire plan a "lock".  I knew that all I had to do was wait for a few rounds to play out and put Deron Williams on the open market and take the best possible package (and if anyone saw the kind of trades I pulled off last year, you can only imagine the kind of ridiculous value I would have gotten for Deron Williams...).  I 100% was committed to the concept that Derrick Rose would be the starting point guard of an extremely talented Charlotte Bobcats team.

3rd round #26 - This was the last pick I owned.  That's right.  I had 3 first rounders, a 2nd rounder a 3rd rounder.   As I've mentioned, I didn't care that I only had 5 picks.  I was extremely confident that I would be able to trade Marion for a couple players, Deron for a couple players and Yao for a couple players... and by the end of this thing my team would definitely be one of the main contenders.   However... with that said... I still had some concerns about my depth and wanted to address it sooner rather than later... so I started shopping the 3rd round #26.   I started "working the phones" and ultimately positioned myself in a couple three way trades where once the dust settled I would basically be getting rid the 3rd round #26 and getting back in return the 4th #2, 5th #8, a 12th rounder, 13th rounder, 14th rounder and a 15th rounder.  Yes, that's correct... I was successfully able to convince my COMPETITORS to give me a 5th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th rounder simply for moving back 6 spots from 3rd #26 to 4th #2.   Which brings me to a subject that I simply can't avoid....

THE VETO POWER -   I don't really want to focus on this subject, because I think it's disrespectful to wdleehi and I really think I was misunderstood during this whole thing.   Wdleehi vetoed a trade that subsequently canceled the two deals that would have net me the above package.   Initially I just wanted to play the "Mark Cuban" of the league and get in a jokey dispute with the commissioner.  Unfortunately, it started to become clear that I was bothering a lot of my COMPETITORS and as a result I got my 30 day suspension.  Again, I don't want to really focus on the veto thing and I'll be as respectful as possible, but... I can't possibly explain my strategy without at least acknowledging that my plan was prevented by the veto power of the commissioner.   

I'm not going to sit here and debate whether or not his veto power was right or wrong.  That's in the past and speaking out on it got me suspended.  But, I see no harm in acknowledging the trades that were vetoed.  In total,  I had 9 trades that were blocked by wdleehi:

veto #1 ... my 3rd (#26) for the 4th #2, 5th #8, 9th, 9th
veto #2 ... my 9, 9 for 12, 13, 14, 15

***Approved Trade Submitted in "Protest":  Shawn Marion and 3rd #26 for Chris Bosh   

veto #3 ... Chris Bosh for 3rd (#3), 3rd (#24), 4th
veto #4 ... Chris Bosh for 3rd #12, 3rd #24, 4th
veto #5 ... Chris Bosh for 3rd #12, 3rd #24, 4th, 10th
veto #6 ... Chris Bosh for 3rd #12, 3rd #24, 4th, 10th, 14th

***Approved Trade Submitted in "Protest":  Bosh for Rasheed and 4th

veto #7 ... Rasheed and a 4th for 3rd #26
veto #8 ... Rasheed and a 4th for Hedo Turkaglu
veto #9 ... Rasheed and a 4th for Lamar Odom   

*Blue = Trades that were blocked because they *benefited* my team too much
*Red =  Trades that were blocked because they *HURT* my team too much

- Now... personal opinion aside...  I sort of understand the need for a veto system.  The first two trades were blocked, because they helped my team too much.  I understand the need for that.  I pull off a lot of amazing trades and sometimes my COMPETITORS need some help from the commissioner even though they have agreed to do something.   However, the last 7 trades were blocked because they HURT my team too much.  And likewise, I understand the need for that.  Sometimes the commissioner needs to help me when my COMPETITORS successfully "take advantage of me" in a trade that is lopsided in their favor. 

Initially I got into a major dispute with Wdleehi over the first two trades.  I even complained about it in my signature by saying:

The True Fantasy Bobcats:  Deron Williams, Yao Ming, Shawn Marion, Derrick Rose, 4th (#2), 5th (#8), 12th (#7), 13th (#24), 14th (#7), 15th (#24)

But in retrospect I look at the first two trades that were vetoed and I understand wdleehi's decision.   It was a horribly lopsided deal and my COMPETITORS clearly needed his help.  I'm not disputing those.

With my direction prevented from the commish, I decided to "regroup" and head in a new direction.  I decided to put a couple of my chips together and get the highly coveted Chris Bosh.   I traded Marion and my 3rd for Chris Bosh leaving me with the following roster:

PG - Deron Williams, PG - Derrick Rose, C - Chris Bosh, C - Yao Ming.

That was it.  That was my entire team.  No further picks.  Nothing more nothing less.  I started shopping around all 4 players trying to get a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1.   I eventually found a trade I liked.  I submitted it...   

The Rules regarding "Veto Power"

- All trades are approved by (the commissioner).  (the commissioner) likes his rubber stamper.  So unless the trade is clearly lopsided, it will be approved.  Any trade that catches (the commissioner's) attention can still be approved if both poster can explain why they are making the trade (must be a good reason, but will not except tanking for next years rookie draft).

- If a trade is rejected, a reason will be given.

THE REASON I QUIT:  I found a trade I liked.  Obviously I had a dire need to add depth.  I had exactly 4 players and no other picks.  I agreed to a trade with Houston and sent it into the commish

Bobcats Trade: Chris Bosh (1st round #17)
Rockets Trade: 3rd round #12, 3rd round (#24), 4th round (#28) a 10th rounder and a 14th rounder

Wdleehi blocked the trade.  His reason given was that I wasn't getting enough in return for Chris Bosh.  He said that I should continue to shop around Chris Bosh.  I pointed out the rules which said he only had power to veto "trades that were clearly lopsided" and that I should be given an opportunity to explain myself.  I explained my reason for making the trade and he still would not approve it (which was within his right).  I again referenced the rules and asked for a reason be given.  The commish told me the reason was, "I base my value on the draft board.  It's that simple.  And that package is not enough for a 1st rounder."  Anyone who followed the draft knows how loudly I fought this.  I understand that I let my emotions get the best of me.  And just so everyone knows, I sent wdleehi a long, heart-felt apology a few days after I had been suspended.  I never received a response from him, but I just want it to be known that I have done my best to make peace with the man.   At the time I definitely let my emotions get the better of me and I honestly believed that wdleehi was intentionally trying to hurt my team out of spite.  I honestly believed that he harbored ill feelings towards me, because I was the defending champion and honestly believed he wanted to abuse his power to see me fail.   Obviously that's a little silly. 

But I do have one point.. I have a personal friendship with Roy Hobbs and as much as I love Roy Hobbs, it's important to note that a guy like Roy Hobbs (a mod) would NEVER have a trade vetoed simply because of his standing within the community (and Roy certainly pulled of some equally questionable moves).  And after seeing some of the trades that were being approved and understanding that wdleehi was consulting on a private forum with other mods/COMPETITORS like Roy... I couldn't help but feel like I was getting a little robbed.  And again... let me bold this... the trade I was arguing about was a trade he prevented, because he said it HURT my team 

I had to quit in protest.  At the time, I didn't feel like I was given a fair opportunity to compete by the commish.  And since he was blocking trades "to help me" when I clearly wanted to make the trade, I felt like his influence was preventing me from continuing on with my strategy.

By that point, I had caused a lot of my COMPETITORS to despise me.  And pretty much everyone was sick of me.  Several mods messaged me and told me that if I continued to post in the draft board thread, I would be facing a suspension.  I agreed to walk away and let it go.   Apparently none of my COMPETITORS were willing to stand up in my defense and I was coming across as the lone idiot in the stands fighting a one man war.   I was ready to move on, but the very next day a trade was approved that completely outraged me.

The approved trade:

Team A trades:  1st round #14, 8th rounder
Team B trades:  3rd round #12, 3rd round #24, 4th round #28, 10th rounder

When I saw that trade approved, I completely flipped.  It was unquestionably a worse trade than the one I had been fighting for.  Recap... the trade the commish wouldn't let me make:

Bobcats trade: 1st round #17
Rockets trade: 3rd round #12, 3rd round #24, 4th round #28, 10th rounder, 14th rounder

Again, my trade was vetoed, because supposedly it HURT my team.  Reason given:  "I base my value on the draft board.  That package isn't enough for a 1st rounder."   And yet the very next day a worse trade was approved.   I spoke out on it... i got my 30 day suspension... and here we are...

I still don't totally understand what the heck happened there.  I jokingly mentioned to a couple people that if this was the real NBA, I'd probably be involved in a massive lawsuit against the league right now.  It would be like if the Warriors had agreed to trade for Kevin Garnett, but David Stern told them, "Sorry guys that's too much for you to give up for KG" and then the very next day approved the KG to Boston deal.  Wouldn't the Warriors franchise have a reason to dispute with the league?  Anyways...  I mean no disrespect to wdleehi, because I understand he did his very best.   But I'm going to just lay out what my team would have looked like had he not vetoed the above trade.

WHAT MY TEAM WOULD LOOK LIKE RIGHT NOW HAD MY BOSH TRADE GONE THROUGH

PG - Deron Williams
PG - Derrick Rose
C - Yao Ming
3rd #12
3rd #24
4th #28
10th rounder
14th rounder

I'll be EXTREMELY MODEST with my hypotheticals

For the two 3rd rounders I'll just take whoever was actually taken.  3rd round #12 I have Tayshuan Prince.  With the 3rd #24 I would have taken Josh Howard.  with the 4th #28 I probably would have taken Jason Terry or Thad Young (taken right afterwards on the draft board).  I'll say Jason Terry

As mentioned earlier, I would have been shopping Yao Ming around like crazy.  I saw the kind of value Chris Bosh eventually got.  Someone parted with Chris Kaman and Emeka Okafor for Bosh.  This is the kind of value I'd expect to get for Yao Ming.   Again, anyone who saw my trades last year probably understand in a non-veto system I would have found some ridiculous value for Yao, but since I'm being modest, I'll pencil in Kaman and Okafor.

Also mentioned earlier, I would have given away Deron Williams to the highest bidder.  There is no telling what kind of value Deron would have pulled in.  But I had a few talks with Roy Hobbs privately and I know that he at one point offered Al Horford and Andre Iguodala for Chris Paul.  Hobbs was unsuccessful at this deal... and since Deron is such a comparable talent as CP, I don't think it's a stretch to pencil in Horford and Iguodala as the "modest" kind of value I would have pulled in.  (I've had this conversation with Hobbs privately... he seems to agree)

So... a modest look at what my team probably would have looked like before any further "LarBrd33 tinkering"

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Andre Iguodala
SF - Josh Howard
PF - Emeka Okafor
C - Al Horford
---
Bench:
SF - Tayshaun Prince
C/PF - Chris Kaman
PG - Jason Terry
10th rounder
14th rounder

Who knows where I would have taken it from there.  Not saying I would have won this thing, but I'm pretty confident I would have been a contender.   I had a blast the first couple weeks.  I was clearly the most active COMPETITOR in the game.  And I'm disappointed that I didn't get a chance to see it through.   I'm sorry, but after seeing how certain teams benefited from my demise and some of the arbitrary decision making in the early rounds, I kind of felt like this game was compromised early on.  If I'm back in GM character right now, I pull a Phil Jackson and say, "The winner this year will have a giant asterisk next to their name", but I'm not going to be that rude.  :)

I'll just say... I hope some of the kinks in this game get worked out in 2009 (when I obviously will not be invited to join), and next year produces a worthy successor to my championship.  :)  (kidding)

Ubuntu, yall...

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 06:18:26 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Oh man, he comes back with Gaius Baltar as his avatar.

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
(Note:  this post was made with good intentions.  I don't want to argue with anyone.  This is the last word I'll have on this draft.  If you are someone who doesn't appreciate me as a poster, please just don't bother reading.  I don't want any trouble)

In a shocking and mortifying display, LarBrd33 (former GM of the Charlotte Bobcats), suddenly breaks through security by maniacally swinging a steel chair, drunkenly stumbles onto the press conference podium and grabs the microphone...

"*hiccup*... goodd...evvening... *twitch*... *hiccup*... Ch-ch-ch....ch-chaaaarlotte bawbkittiz fans!! ... hehHEhahahho... *twitch*... *hiccup*... "

-unconfortable pause-

".... Since my forceful banishment from the National CelticsBlog Fantasy Basketball League and subsequently the CelticsBlog universe, I've spent the past 30 days chained up in Roy Hobb's basement... spending half my days sitting in a dimly lit room with nothing but a straight jacket and a CD of Irish folks music... and the other half receiving various forms of shock therapy while watching flashing images that display the concept of ubuntu.    I can now say...  I'm a changed man.  I see the folly in my ways and I wish to repent.  The veto debacle is behind us and this thriving league has carried on in my absence and is heading towards conclusion.   

However... as defending champion of this league (by taking over the Nets last year in the 5th round and turning Yao Ming, Michael Redd, Maurice Williams, Chris Webber, Grant Hill and Stephon Marbury into:  PG - Deron Williams, SG - Rip Hamilton, SF - Andre Iguodala, PF - Chris Bosh, C - Dwight HOward / 6th man - Antawn Jamison), after receiving several PM's asking my opinion of the the league, and after seeing the current ho-hum support of the current state of my once proud franchise ... I feel compelled to simply explain my rationale for the various moves that inevitably left RichT and then Tradetime in their unfortunate position. 

First of all.  This game is all in fun.  And I'm sorry that things got to the point where I had to be suspended for a month because of a silly game.  I love you guys.  A couple of us didn't handle that situation well and as a result I thoroughly annoyed the guy trying to run the league and the majority of my COMPETITORS.  Sorry fellas.

The Bobcats were unquestionable in a position to be a contender, and I feel bad for RichT and eventually Tradetime for trying to pick up the pieces.  Those guys didn't have the benefit of understanding the direction I was taking the team or see how well that team was positioned to dominate.  Since this thing is over now, I'll go ahead and explain my strategy.

My philosophy:
  Rounds 6-15 were worthless to me.   I did everything in my power to position myself pre-draft to have as many picks as possible in the first 5 rounds with an emphasis on rounds 1-3.   I was able to obtain 3 picks in the 1st round.  Point guard and center were by far the most important positions to me.   I desperately wanted to get the best possible point guard and best possible center.  Not only are these the most important positions on an NBA team, but I understood that there is a severe lacking in the NBA for quality players at those positions.  I understood that at some point, my competitors would be willing to pay a premium to bring in a top level guy at those position.  It's easy enough to replace a SG/SF/PF, but to get a top quality PG or C is a heck of a lot harder.   

Center:  Obviously the best option is Dwight Howard.   Beyond that you have Yao Ming.  Who else is a "cornerstone" allstar center that can consistently give you 20 and 10?  Shaq's too old.  Al Jefferson is more of a PF.  Chris Bosh is kinda tiny.  Okafor/Horford are both solid, but not "cornerstones".  Beyond Dwight Howard and Yao there is the "gamble" which is Greg Oden.  He's young and has lots of question marks, but the majority of experts believe he's the future at that position.  I have a lot of respect for Donoghus for taking Greg Oden #12.  It's an inspired choice.  Seriously guys, if you're starting an NBA team tomorrow the two biggest needs are PG and C.  If you can't have one of the two guys who are already "franchise centers" (Yao/Dwight), you obviously want the guy who is widely believed to be the next "franchise center" (Oden).   So my list was narrowed down to three guys:  Dwight #1, Yao #2, Oden #3

Point Guard:  There are only a handful of players in this league that can be classified as "franchise point guards".  Since it's a position of leadership and the most important position on the court, I desperately wanted a cornerstone point guard to lead the team.   Steve Nash and Jason Kidd are fantastic, but their age prevents them from being "cornerstone" point guards.   In my mind, I narrow it down to basically two guys:  Chris Paul and Deron Williams.   There are no substitutes.  There are a handful of average fellas out there like Maurice Williams, TJ Ford, Devin Harris, etc.  And maybe a couple guys who have that "potential" tag like the overrated homer favorite Rajon Rondo or Mike Conley in Memphis.  But basically you got CP and Deron as the only two options.    Beyond them, the only guy I can really understand taking is Derrick Rose.  I'm not sure what the Rose hate is on this board.... the guy was just the #1 pick in the draft and was widely acknowledged by the experts to be the next Chris Paul.   For the same reason you rationalize taking the "question mark" that is Greg Oden... is the same identical reason you would take Derrick Rose.   My list for point guard:  #1 - CP, #2 Deron #3 Rose.   Frankly there are no alternatives.

The Draft Results:

1st round #8 = DERON WILLIAMS - I desperately positioned myself in the first round so I could acquire Deron Williams.   It worked out perfectly.

1st round #16 = YAO MING
-  I meticulously charted out the first round and actually expected to be "reaching" for Greg Oden here.   As I said, I had to applaud Don for taking Oden #12, but as a result Yao Ming completely fell in my lap here.  I loved it.

--At this point, my objective was complete.  I set out to get the best possible PG and the best possible C.  I figured Dwight/CP3 were unquestionable going #2 and #3 in the draft... so to end up with the 2nd best point guard and 2nd best center was FANTASTIC.  I knew that if I could complete that task, I would be operating at a position of power throughout the rest of the draft.   My lack of bench depth was not a concern at all, because I knew full well that once the draft started to play out and people realized their starting PG was Jason Williams and their starting center was Brad Miller, they would certainly be willing to make 2-for-1 deals for one of the "franchise" centers and point guards.   I knew with great certainty that when the opportunity presented itself, I could easily flip Deron or Yao for a couple of allstar caliber players.   This became extremely clear later in the draft when someone actually felt compelled to post a thread about how "there are no centers available!!!".  Yeah... no kidding... hence the point of pre-positioning yourself prior to the draft.  ;) 

- For the rest of the draft I just wanted to take the best player available

1st round #29 = SHAWN MARION -
-  I got a bargain at #29, IMO.  Statistically, this guy is in the top 10 in efficiency every year.  You can't go wrong with a lockdown defender who gives you soemthing like 17 points, 11 rebounds, 2 steals, 1.5 blocks on 50% shooting.  Good value.

2nd round #23 = DERRICK ROSE -   -  I could NOT BELIEVE that Derrick Rose was available at this point.  It was amazing to me.  As I stated above, the most important position in the league is point guard and when I think of "franchise point guards" I had my list down to three guys and three guys only:  CP, Deron... and Derrick Rose (for the same reason you'd put Oden #3 at center).   To see this guy sitting there at #23 was amazing to me.  Not to mention that Michael Beasley was taken 19 picks earlier at 2nd round #5.   I mean... I can't blame anyone for taking Beasley ahead of Rose, but I found it amazing that our board drastically disagreed with the experts who clearly had Rose above Beasley in the actual 2008 NBA draft.   A few people even suggested that taking Rose with the 53rd pick was a "stretch".   Wow.  Not only was this my favorite pick of the draft, but in my mind it basically made my entire plan a "lock".  I knew that all I had to do was wait for a few rounds to play out and put Deron Williams on the open market and take the best possible package (and if anyone saw the kind of trades I pulled off last year, you can only imagine the kind of ridiculous value I would have gotten for Deron Williams...).  I 100% was committed to the concept that Derrick Rose would be the starting point guard of an extremely talented Charlotte Bobcats team.

3rd round #26 - This was the last pick I owned.  That's right.  I had 3 first rounders, a 2nd rounder a 3rd rounder.   As I've mentioned, I didn't care that I only had 5 picks.  I was extremely confident that I would be able to trade Marion for a couple players, Deron for a couple players and Yao for a couple players... and by the end of this thing my team would definitely be one of the main contenders.   However... with that said... I still had some concerns about my depth and wanted to address it sooner rather than later... so I started shopping the 3rd round #26.   I started "working the phones" and ultimately positioned myself in a couple three way trades where once the dust settled I would basically be getting rid the 3rd round #26 and getting back in return the 4th #2, 5th #8, a 12th rounder, 13th rounder, 14th rounder and a 15th rounder.  Yes, that's correct... I was successfully able to convince my COMPETITORS to give me a 5th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th rounder simply for moving back 6 spots from 3rd #26 to 4th #2.   Which brings me to a subject that I simply can't avoid....

THE VETO POWER -   I don't really want to focus on this subject, because I think it's disrespectful to wdleehi and I really think I was misunderstood during this whole thing.   Wdleehi vetoed a trade that subsequently canceled the two deals that would have net me the above package.   Initially I just wanted to play the "Mark Cuban" of the league and get in a jokey dispute with the commissioner.  Unfortunately, it started to become clear that I was bothering a lot of my COMPETITORS and as a result I got my 30 day suspension.  Again, I don't want to really focus on the veto thing and I'll be as respectful as possible, but... I can't possibly explain my strategy without at least acknowledging that my plan was prevented by the veto power of the commissioner.   

I'm not going to sit here and debate whether or not his veto power was right or wrong.  That's in the past and speaking out on it got me suspended.  But, I see no harm in acknowledging the trades that were vetoed.  In total,  I had 9 trades that were blocked by wdleehi:

veto #1 ... my 3rd (#26) for the 4th #2, 5th #8, 9th, 9th
veto #2 ... my 9, 9 for 12, 13, 14, 15

***Approved Trade Submitted in "Protest":  Shawn Marion and 3rd #26 for Chris Bosh   

veto #3 ... Chris Bosh for 3rd (#3), 3rd (#24), 4th
veto #4 ... Chris Bosh for 3rd #12, 3rd #24, 4th
veto #5 ... Chris Bosh for 3rd #12, 3rd #24, 4th, 10th
veto #6 ... Chris Bosh for 3rd #12, 3rd #24, 4th, 10th, 14th

***Approved Trade Submitted in "Protest":  Bosh for Rasheed and 4th

veto #7 ... Rasheed and a 4th for 3rd #26
veto #8 ... Rasheed and a 4th for Hedo Turkaglu
veto #9 ... Rasheed and a 4th for Lamar Odom   

*Blue = Trades that were blocked because they *benefited* my team too much
*Red =  Trades that were blocked because they *HURT* my team too much

- Now... personal opinion aside...  I sort of understand the need for a veto system.  The first two trades were blocked, because they helped my team too much.  I understand the need for that.  I pull off a lot of amazing trades and sometimes my COMPETITORS need some help from the commissioner even though they have agreed to do something.   However, the last 7 trades were blocked because they HURT my team too much.  And likewise, I understand the need for that.  Sometimes the commissioner needs to help me when my COMPETITORS successfully "take advantage of me" in a trade that is lopsided in their favor. 

Initially I got into a major dispute with Wdleehi over the first two trades.  I even complained about it in my signature by saying:

The True Fantasy Bobcats:  Deron Williams, Yao Ming, Shawn Marion, Derrick Rose, 4th (#2), 5th (#8), 12th (#7), 13th (#24), 14th (#7), 15th (#24)

But in retrospect I look at the first two trades that were vetoed and I understand wdleehi's decision.   It was a horribly lopsided deal and my COMPETITORS clearly needed his help.  I'm not disputing those.

With my direction prevented from the commish, I decided to "regroup" and head in a new direction.  I decided to put a couple of my chips together and get the highly coveted Chris Bosh.   I traded Marion and my 3rd for Chris Bosh leaving me with the following roster:

PG - Deron Williams, PG - Derrick Rose, C - Chris Bosh, C - Yao Ming.

That was it.  That was my entire team.  No further picks.  Nothing more nothing less.  I started shopping around all 4 players trying to get a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1.   I eventually found a trade I liked.  I submitted it...   

The Rules regarding "Veto Power"

- All trades are approved by (the commissioner).  (the commissioner) likes his rubber stamper.  So unless the trade is clearly lopsided, it will be approved.  Any trade that catches (the commissioner's) attention can still be approved if both poster can explain why they are making the trade (must be a good reason, but will not except tanking for next years rookie draft).

- If a trade is rejected, a reason will be given.

THE REASON I QUIT:  I found a trade I liked.  Obviously I had a dire need to add depth.  I had exactly 4 players and no other picks.  I agreed to a trade with Houston and sent it into the commish

Bobcats Trade: Chris Bosh (1st round #17)
Rockets Trade: 3rd round #12, 3rd round (#24), 4th round (#28) a 10th rounder and a 14th rounder

Wdleehi blocked the trade.  His reason given was that I wasn't getting enough in return for Chris Bosh.  He said that I should continue to shop around Chris Bosh.  I pointed out the rules which said he only had power to veto "trades that were clearly lopsided" and that I should be given an opportunity to explain myself.  I explained my reason for making the trade and he still would not approve it (which was within his right).  I again referenced the rules and asked for a reason be given.  The commish told me the reason was, "I base my value on the draft board.  It's that simple.  And that package is not enough for a 1st rounder."  Anyone who followed the draft knows how loudly I fought this.  I understand that I let my emotions get the best of me.  And just so everyone knows, I sent wdleehi a long, heart-felt apology a few days after I had been suspended.  I never received a response from him, but I just want it to be known that I have done my best to make peace with the man.   At the time I definitely let my emotions get the better of me and I honestly believed that wdleehi was intentionally trying to hurt my team out of spite.  I honestly believed that he harbored ill feelings towards me, because I was the defending champion and honestly believed he wanted to abuse his power to see me fail.   Obviously that's a little silly. 

But I do have one point.. I have a personal friendship with Roy Hobbs and as much as I love Roy Hobbs, it's important to note that a guy like Roy Hobbs (a mod) would NEVER have a trade vetoed simply because of his standing within the community (and Roy certainly pulled of some equally questionable moves).  And after seeing some of the trades that were being approved and understanding that wdleehi was consulting on a private forum with other mods/COMPETITORS like Roy... I couldn't help but feel like I was getting a little robbed.  And again... let me bold this... the trade I was arguing about was a trade he prevented, because he said it HURT my team 

I had to quit in protest.  At the time, I didn't feel like I was given a fair opportunity to compete by the commish.  And since he was blocking trades "to help me" when I clearly wanted to make the trade, I felt like his influence was preventing me from continuing on with my strategy.

By that point, I had caused a lot of my COMPETITORS to despise me.  And pretty much everyone was sick of me.  Several mods messaged me and told me that if I continued to post in the draft board thread, I would be facing a suspension.  I agreed to walk away and let it go.   Apparently none of my COMPETITORS were willing to stand up in my defense and I was coming across as the lone idiot in the stands fighting a one man war.   I was ready to move on, but the very next day a trade was approved that completely outraged me.

The approved trade:

Team A trades:  1st round #14, 8th rounder
Team B trades:  3rd round #12, 3rd round #24, 4th round #28, 10th rounder

When I saw that trade approved, I completely flipped.  It was unquestionably a worse trade than the one I had been fighting for.  Recap... the trade the commish wouldn't let me make:

Bobcats trade: 1st round #17
Rockets trade: 3rd round #12, 3rd round #24, 4th round #28, 10th rounder, 14th rounder

Again, my trade was vetoed, because supposedly it HURT my team.  Reason given:  "I base my value on the draft board.  That package isn't enough for a 1st rounder."   And yet the very next day a worse trade was approved.   I spoke out on it... i got my 30 day suspension... and here we are...

I still don't totally understand what the heck happened there.  I jokingly mentioned to a couple people that if this was the real NBA, I'd probably be involved in a massive lawsuit against the league right now.  It would be like if the Warriors had agreed to trade for Kevin Garnett, but David Stern told them, "Sorry guys that's too much for you to give up for KG" and then the very next day approved the KG to Boston deal.  Wouldn't the Warriors franchise have a reason to dispute with the league?  Anyways...  I mean no disrespect to wdleehi, because I understand he did his very best.   But I'm going to just lay out what my team would have looked like had he not vetoed the above trade.

WHAT MY TEAM WOULD LOOK LIKE RIGHT NOW HAD MY BOSH TRADE GONE THROUGH

PG - Deron Williams
PG - Derrick Rose
C - Yao Ming
3rd #12
3rd #24
4th #28
10th rounder
14th rounder

I'll be EXTREMELY MODEST with my hypotheticals

For the two 3rd rounders I'll just take whoever was actually taken.  3rd round #12 I have Tayshuan Prince.  With the 3rd #24 I would have taken Josh Howard.  with the 4th #28 I probably would have taken Jason Terry or Thad Young (taken right afterwards on the draft board).  I'll say Jason Terry

As mentioned earlier, I would have been shopping Yao Ming around like crazy.  I saw the kind of value Chris Bosh eventually got.  Someone parted with Chris Kaman and Emeka Okafor for Bosh.  This is the kind of value I'd expect to get for Yao Ming.   Again, anyone who saw my trades last year probably understand in a non-veto system I would have found some ridiculous value for Yao, but since I'm being modest, I'll pencil in Kaman and Okafor.

Also mentioned earlier, I would have given away Deron Williams to the highest bidder.  There is no telling what kind of value Deron would have pulled in.  But I had a few talks with Roy Hobbs privately and I know that he at one point offered Al Horford and Andre Iguodala for Chris Paul.  Hobbs was unsuccessful at this deal... and since Deron is such a comparable talent as CP, I don't think it's a stretch to pencil in Horford and Iguodala as the "modest" kind of value I would have pulled in.  (I've had this conversation with Hobbs privately... he seems to agree)

So... a modest look at what my team probably would have looked like before any further "LarBrd33 tinkering"

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Andre Iguodala
SF - Josh Howard
PF - Emeka Okafor
C - Al Horford
---
Bench:
SF - Tayshaun Prince
C/PF - Chris Kaman
PG - Jason Terry
10th rounder
14th rounder

Who knows where I would have taken it from there.  Not saying I would have won this thing, but I'm pretty confident I would have been a contender.   I had a blast the first couple weeks.  I was clearly the most active COMPETITOR in the game.  And I'm disappointed that I didn't get a chance to see it through.   I'm sorry, but after seeing how certain teams benefited from my demise and some of the arbitrary decision making in the early rounds, I kind of felt like this game was compromised early on.  If I'm back in GM character right now, I pull a Phil Jackson and say, "The winner this year will have a giant asterisk next to their name", but I'm not going to be that rude.  :)

I'll just say... I hope some of the kinks in this game get worked out in 2009 (when I obviously will not be invited to join), and next year produces a worthy successor to my championship.  :)  (kidding)

Ubuntu, yall...

You the MAN! Nice post, Larbrd.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

• Rajon Rondo

<snip>

Ubuntu, yall...

Uninterested in rehashing this debate, the Magics want to be clear that this phrase -- UBUNTU, Y'ALL -- developed & southern fried by the ORLANDO MAGICS GM Gainesville Celtic, has been trademarked 

Therefore, LarBird's usage is unauthorized. This will not stand.  If he were still part of the league we'd ask the commish to dock him future draft picks.  8)

On another, more important topic ---- so what happens next with the draft?  I guess we could just all agree on the MAGICS as the fake NBA champs... ;D  All those in favor, say AYE!! :o

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:34 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'd be lying if I said LarBrd wasn't missed from this league. Some inauspicious circumstances prevented that.

For the record, I wont sit on the fence and I'll say that the team he probably would have put together would have been up there and I feel that some of the vetoes did not make sense in the slightest; reason being, if he's adamant that he wants to make a trade, let him. I think that was the sour point of this draft, and it's no ones fault, just unfortunate.