Poll

Who will win the "fake" Central Division in 2008-09?

Chicago (Knight, Kobe, Wally, Foster, Nazr, etc.)
1 (5.9%)
Cleveland (L. Williams, Wade, Ginobli, Warrick, Collison, etc.)
2 (11.8%)
Detroit (Yao, Marion, Hedu, Redd, Watson, etc.)
11 (64.7%)
Indiana (Rose, Ellis, J. Jones, R. Wallace, Dalembert, etc.)
1 (5.9%)
Milwaukee (Hinrich, T. Allen, Anthony, McDyess, Wilcox, etc.)
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Celticsblog Mock GM Press Conferences: Central Division  (Read 20347 times)

Re: Celticsblog Mock GM Press Conferences: Central Division
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

You wanna put Kobe on a guy hes giving up size and length to on defense be my guest!  ;D Melo exploits that defensive matchup 5 times a week and twice on Sunday.

Kobe played Carmelo quite a bit in this years playoffs, and did quite well against him (he also defended AI, and also played him well).  Carmelo managed to shoot an amazing 36.4% against the Lakers in the first round; I'm not sure that I'd be worried if I were the Bulls that Carmelo would exploit much of anything.

The Lakers as a team were a top 5 defense in the NBA. CLEARLY we are not talking about the same team defense here. Regardless of what he shot he still put up over 20/10. You wanna bet on Kobe, you go ahead. By the way, whoever Kobe isn't guarding is getting lit up right now and causing major breakdowns in the paint all night. While Kobe is putting all his effort into stopping Melo, nobody else on that team save Bayless can get a shot without him. Meanwhile Hinrich's torching them on the pick n roll all night because Knight is getting destroyed on every single pick and getting into the lane at will.

Same with Cleveland by the way. Louis Williams, Wade and Ginobili are destroying that group from the perimeter and getting fouls at the rim or dumping it off to Collison who is dunking on Nazr's lazy rotations. Kobe's great, but he can't fix everything. That team has too many holes.

EDIT: during the regular season vs the lakers he put up these numbers:

game 1:11-15 23 points 4 rebs
game 2:10-23 26 points 8 rebs 4 assists
game 3:5-11 13 points 4 rebs(he only played 14 minutes and got injured and was out the next 5 games)

You just can't keep this guy down long. Like Kobe, he'll find a way to get his.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:44:53 AM by bucknersrevenge »
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 07:12:34 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
The Pistons take this division probably easier than any other division winner in this draft.

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 10:58:02 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Sorry guys, my computers been broken for 2 weeks. I'll post it tomorrow afternoon, I'm too tired now.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler