Poll

What is the greatest ever TV show (non-animated)?

Cheers
Frasier
Heroes
House
LOST
M*A*S*H
Scrubs
Seinfeld
The Sopranos
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Twin Peaks
The West Wing
The Wire
The X-Files
Other
All in the Family
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
The Cosby Show
Roseanne

Author Topic: Best Ever TV show  (Read 36698 times)

Re: Best Ever TV show
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2008, 06:56:17 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I've never heard of MST3K.

I was thinking of starting an animated thread, but that just boils down to The Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy (although Transformers would get my vote). If anyone thinks this is worth while start one up, that can be a whole other discussion that would fill a void in a boring off-season.

at work right now, but a youtube clip will be headed your way when i get home my friend, and then you will see the genius. or hate it.

with the show there's really no middle ground ive found heh.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
8 pages and no mention of The Shield?  That show has never dissapointed.  Not one episode.

Oh well, I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring (is that even a phrase?) for My Brother and Me...and the Rick Pitino Show  ;)

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2008, 10:20:16 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
8 pages and no mention of The Shield?  That show has never dissapointed.  Not one episode.

Oh well, I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring (is that even a phrase?) for My Brother and Me...and the Rick Pitino Show  ;)

i know i'm going to take massive heat for this, but color me disapointed in the shield since the end of season 3 or so. the first two seasons are stunning. the third is "ok, still crooked cops, i get it" and they killed off two of my favrotie characters. the seasons since are good, but not outstanding.

give me the Wire any day over the shield

I'm just not drawn to the whole vic/shane relationship drama, i watched the season premeier and was like "k....".
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff

i know i'm going to take massive heat for this, but color me disapointed in the shield since the end of season 3 or so. the first two seasons are stunning. the third is "ok, still crooked cops, i get it" and they killed off two of my favrotie characters. the seasons since are good, but not outstanding.

give me the Wire any day over the shield

I'm just not drawn to the whole vic/shane relationship drama, i watched the season premeier and was like "k....".

I'll admit, I've never seen The Wire, and pretty much anyone I've talked to that has, says it's the best show.  I'm sure I'll eventually get around to watching the DVD's.  And while The Shiled might not be at it's best, it's still awesome, IMO.  Every season and many episodes there seems to be those Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. moments where you can't believe what just happened.  Lem getting killed was crazy, especially how it was done.  Now I might be drawing a blank, but who was your other favorite character that got killed off?

« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2008, 10:48:36 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
oh god, im drawing a blank on his name, i really liked the first drug dealer, the one that was burned to death in the tire ring.

i know he was a bit character, but i liked him. the other was of course lem :(

also, add me to the list of people tellign you to get the Wire on DVD. amazing show.

« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2008, 11:30:39 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
oh god, im drawing a blank on his name, i really liked the first drug dealer, the one that was burned to death in the tire ring.

i know he was a bit character, but i liked him. the other was of course lem :(

also, add me to the list of people tellign you to get the Wire on DVD. amazing show.

Oh yeah, I think you're talking about Tio.  Yeah, he was a good character and that was crazy how he died.

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Wire is to the Shield as Boyz in the Hood is to Menace II Society.

Does that make sense? I thought about it for a while.

One is easily better than the other, but it doesn't mean that the lesser of the two is not without its own merit and entertainment value.

However, The Wire drug dealers >>the shield drug dealers.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2008, 03:21:47 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
i missed a huge one for other

Weeds is hillarious, and includes one of the hottest milf's of all time in nancy. Look beyond the fact that is abotu a suburban widow who deals drugs, and watch the first season.

It's one of the best comedy's ive ever seen.