Author Topic: Oklahoma City's leaked logo?  (Read 6677 times)

Re: Oklahoma City's leaked logo?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
(As for thunder and lightning being inseparable...  what about flash / heat lighting?  Is thunder really thunder if you can't hear it?  Something to ponder...)

This is off-topic from OKC, but to satisfy the dorks on the blog (myself included), there is thunder associated with flash lightning, but the viewer of it can't hear it because he/she is too far away or the sound waves are refracted around the air surrounding the person due to density differences.

You learn something new everyday on this blog.

(thanks Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_lightning)

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 11:31:35 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
showed that to an insider and it is definitely it.  i'm ok with it...the person also said that there is more..so i guess we will see.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Thunder? Man, I need to read more carefully.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 12:13:50 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Not to go all geek on everyone, but in games Lightning/Thunder/Electricity has always been my favorite element. For the OKC franchise to embarrass it really bugs me. Starting teams should spend more than 2 seconds putting their colors and stuff together. Surely Oklahoma is famous for something more than "Thunder". Maybe they should be the ThunderStorms or Thunderbolts...T-Storms or T-Bolts play the T-Wolves tonight...OOO!!! How bout the OKC Bisons?!   I would say Thunder Bison but there's no such thing...is that legal though? If not, then there logo and colors could incorporate thunder with the bison. I like idea of the colors. The away jersey should look like the Titans colors, minus red and plus yellow. So like a Dark blue, baby blue, and yellow for away, and for home games white with dark blue baby blue and yellow trim. The logo could have a bison charging through or from underneath the OKC letters, and lightning energy could be circulating around and behind him...sounds better than a lightning bolt called thunder...................................Alright lets all be honest here. No matter how much cooler there stuff could be, they'll end up using the cheesy logo and name, and either way, they'll be just another sorry team next year along with the Bobcats. Expansion teams and teams that float from city to city take years to ever become good. Look at the Hornets...or Grizzlies. How many years in a row were they garbage?
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 12:19:07 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I was hoping for OKC Militia

or OKC Feds.

Are they aware of the fact that every city in the US has thunder?

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 10:17:10 AM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
Are they aware of the fact that every city in the US has thunder?

Yeah, but every one of the lower 48 states has had a tornado. That doesn't stop the OK/KS area from being associated with tornadoes. Technically, the most thunder rich area in the world is the Congo in Africa (or more formally, the Democratic Republic of Congo).