Author Topic: Bynum's Agent  (Read 3788 times)

Bynum's Agent
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Claims he wants a 5-year, 80 million extension for the very unproven Center. Anyone else think that is ridiculous?

Re: Bynum's Agent
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I guess Lamar odom is gone after next season?

But seriously he wanted 80 million since last december b4 the injury!

Andrew Bynum has had 3 knee surgeries in his life and is a bad rehabber.

Next years is LA's best chance for a championship because they prolly won't have money to sign Lamar or anybody.

Pau can't play D too good and kobe plays myth defense. Bynum is still a work-in-progress.

Unless Bynum tranforms into an all star in the 2009-2010 season the window could close sooner than later.

This suppossed Laker dynasty is built on 4 players Bynum, Gasol, odom, and kobe.

Kobe's overrated too. All his scoring outbursts have been against poor defensive teams.

Real legends come against the best comptetion.

Kobe's championships(w/Shaq) have come against the Pacers, Sixers, and the Nets. O-VER-RATED!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:13:46 PM by JR Giddens »

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:12:52 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He's trying to cash in ASAP before the next likely injury.  Bynum's shown some potential and flashes of possibly even being a Top-5 center in the league (though that doesn't mean much these days), but he's still shown more Sam Bowie than Akeem Olajuwon so far in his career.  I don't blame his agent for trying to get the big paycheck without risking another blowout between now and then, but he doesn't have a whole lot of leverage at this point.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I think IF he stays healthy, he deserves to have 80M for 5 years. This season, he's shown his improvement before his injury. And center getting 'overpaid' is not news at all in the NBA with big bodies that can rebound and block shots and score from in close being a dying breed (Bynum has shown he can score from in close, however not the consistancy yet-but the Fakers have every right to think he will in a couple years, and he just might).
However the big question is his health issue.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 09:37:54 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
I think IF he stays healthy, he deserves to have 80M for 5 years. This season, he's shown his improvement before his injury. And center getting 'overpaid' is not news at all in the NBA with big bodies that can rebound and block shots and score from in close being a dying breed (Bynum has shown he can score from in close, however not the consistancy yet-but the Fakers have every right to think he will in a couple years, and he just might).
However the big question is his health issue.

True if Dalembert is making 10+ mill a year than Bynum could get this!

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31:35 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Next years is LA's best chance for a championship because they prolly won't have money to sign Lamar or anybody.

Pau can't play D too good and kobe plays myth defense. Bynum is still a work-in-progress.

Unless Bynum tranforms into an all star in the 2009-2010 season the window could close sooner than later.

This suppossed Laker dynasty is built on 4 players Bynum, Gasol, odom, and kobe.

Kobe's overrated too. All his scoring outbursts have been against poor defensive teams.

Kobe's championships(w/Shaq) have come against the Pacers, Sixers, and the Nets. O-VER-RATED!

The Kings and Spurs were pretty darn good rivals for those Laker teams.

Bynum is a big time talent... somewhere in the Jefferson zone... I'd say $70/5 is a good tag for the guy. But, if i'm the Lakers, I want to see him healthy this season before I offer anything.

Back to the post above. I agree that Kobe is overrated. And his scoring bursts are often against junk defenses... mavs, nuggets, raptors, etc. People need to stop comparing him to Jordan.  :-\ ...Kobe is awesome. But the Jordan comparisons need to stop. Heck, Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker of all time... That would be:

1. Magic
2. Shaq
3. Kareem
4. Kobe

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:07:15 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
he wants to be paid like an allstar? unbelievable players these days.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:15:52 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

Bynum is a big time talent... somewhere in the Jefferson zone... I'd say $70/5 is a good tag for the guy. But, if i'm the Lakers, I want to see him healthy this season before I offer anything.

Back to the post above. I agree that Kobe is overrated. And his scoring bursts are often against junk defenses... mavs, nuggets, raptors, etc. People need to stop comparing him to Jordan.  :-\ ...Kobe is awesome. But the Jordan comparisons need to stop. Heck, Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker of all time... That would be:

1. Magic
2. Shaq
3. Kareem
4. Kobe

Is he really better than West and Baylor?

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego

Agreed and agreed, Mr. Oct, and a TP for ya.  Thanks for saving me the typing on the rivals for the Lakers, and personally, I'd go so far to say that the health issues are the only thing that would prevent me from definitively taking Bynum over Big Al.  He's already more of a force defensively, and his offensive potential is limitless to boot...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 11:58:56 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

1. Magic
2. Shaq
3. Kareem
4. Kobe

Is he really better than West and Baylor?

Sorry about deviating off topic..

I think you can easily make a case for any of those 3 being ahead of the other. This is what gives Kobe the edge for me: Baylor never won a title, and I don't think West could dominate today's NBA like Kobe could in the West era.

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 02:28:25 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The money is fine, Bynum deserves a max deal, but if I'm Mitch Kupchack I see absolutely no point in paying him it until he proves his fitness. Wait a year and give him the contract then, he's still restricted and still loves LA, there's nothing to be lost by waiting. Lot of unnecessary extra risk. If Mitch is going to do that he shouldn't let this drag out, he shouldn't create false hope for the kid, that's what is going to create hurt feelings and a hurt relationship. Just be up front about it.