Author Topic: Top 10 NBA Players  (Read 22480 times)

Re: Top 10 NBA Players
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 11:27:17 AM »

Offline Hova

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I say right now Paul Pierce is the best player in the league. The last time we saw a game was the finals when Pierce earned MVP. He beat Lebron he beat the Pistons and he beat Kobe. As of right now he is the best.

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 11:28:56 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Why is everyone down on Dirk? The guy was MVP 12 months ago and could put up 30/10 a night.

How he doesn't make it onto every top 10 bewilders me.

I guess people think he's a "Soft Euro".

Which is complete bull. That tag is pathetic.

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 11:43:48 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Why is everyone down on Dirk? The guy was MVP 12 months ago and could put up 30/10 a night.

As you may have noticed in my
recent "War on 'Soft Euro' Labeling
Campaign", I totally agree  ;)

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 11:47:44 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

while i agree, if most of them would stop flopping all over the court like wounded fish ( sasha, manu (i know, i know, but he's viewed as a euro by most, wrongly.), zaza, gasol, jose, countless others) they'd probly lose the title quicker.

mabey they can start giving them yellows for flopping, that helped the italian leagues at least a bit and mabey they could relate to that more than the upcoming fines  ;).
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 11:53:01 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I say right now Paul Pierce is the best player in the league. The last time we saw a game was the finals when Pierce earned MVP. He beat Lebron he beat the Pistons and he beat Kobe. As of right now he is the best.

in the intrest of a good thread, lets let this one pass in the spirt of panda. we beat this to death in the threads after his comments to the paper.

also, i noticed i didn't put a top ten out there, so, with probley alot of holes since im about to go to lunch.

1. TD
2. Lebron
3. Kobe
4. CP3
5. KG
6. Dwade (reserve right to revoke if he shows up as pre-gold medal wade)
7. nash
8. deron willams
9. Bosh
10. Pierce/tmac/ anyone else ive missed
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 11:55:56 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

while i agree, if most of them would stop flopping all over the court like wounded fish ( sasha, manu (i know, i know, but he's viewed as a euro by most, wrongly.), zaza, gasol, jose, countless others) they'd probly lose the title quicker.

mabey they can start giving them yellows for flopping, that helped the italian leagues at least a bit and mabey they could relate to that more than the upcoming fines  ;).

Maybe try some bigger fines?  ;)

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 05:29:36 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Dirk isn't in my top 10.  Then again, neither is T-Mac or Yao.

I have Ron Artest as #9, someone I don't think anyone else put on their lists.  Dirk is a phenomenally skilled player, and he's probably #11 on my list... but he isn't much defensively, and as great as he is offensively he doesn't seem to be able to carry his team at the right times.

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Believe it or not, a single NBA game has more flopping than an entire Euroleague season. And it's been that way for ages. Since Laimbeer at the very least.

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 05:44:47 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Believe it or not, a single NBA game has more flopping than an entire Euroleague season. And it's been that way for ages. Since Laimbeer at the very least.

ok....if you say so. I'm a pretty big barcelona fan, though with rondolhino on the way out, i may slack a bit, and  for what i can see of them being in the states, and ive yet to see anything approaching the near constant:

1. fall down like i've been shot on any kind of 50-50 tackle

2. role around until someone kicks it out or i get a card/ free

3. oh good! magic spray is here!!! my leg is fine!!!

that goes on in nearly every game.

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2008, 05:47:42 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

ok....if you say so. I'm a pretty big barcelona fan, though with rondolhino on the way out, i may slack a bit, and  for what i can see of them being in the states, and ive yet to see anything approaching the near constant:

are you on about football (soccer) or basketball? if it's the latter, then i disagree. if it's the former, i also disagree, quite strongly.

and if we're talking about euro's flopping, i can think of a few americans that do it. wade and melo spring to mind. melo's antics during the olympics really turned me against him.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:52:53 PM by celticmaestro »

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Duncan
4. CP3
5. KG
6. Dwight Howard
7. Deron Williams
8. Steve Nash
9. Dwayne Wade
10. Paul Pierce
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2008, 05:53:15 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
1. Paul Pierce
2. Paul Pierce
3. Paul Pierce
4. Paul Pierce
5. Paul Pierce
6. Paul Pierce
7. Paul Pierce
8. Paul Pierce
9. Paul Pierce
10. Paul Pierce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K37e8XiRLK0

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Ah, I thought you were talking about basketball. Well, soccer is an entirely different sport. While many players flop a lot (notably among them many of my fellow countrymen), there are lots of contact, it's not even comparable to basketball. And the "magic spray" indeed works and many times they are really hurt, I can assure you from first hand experience.

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 05:42:54 AM »

Offline phantom

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
1. Lebron James - Yeah I'm including upside in the argument as well, as far as "who would you rather have on your team".  Lebron should surpass Kob when all is said and done, sooner than later.

2. Kobe Bryant - Not much to say here.

3. Chris Paul - A Hair above Duncan since Tim is slowing down.  He's my favorite non Celtic to watch, I'm pulling for the Hornets hard next year.  I like that whole group.  Chris is a miracle for that team.

4. Tim Duncan - It's the rings.  A Boston fan must never underestimate those.

5. Kevin Garnett - Stellar production over a vast amount of time, still has gas in his tank, ENERGY and DEFENSE.

6. Dwyane Wade - Plays a mind boggling, impossible brand of basketball.

7. Yao Ming - The best center in the NBA right now.

8. Deron Williams - Well you just can't rank him that much lower tha Paul, is really the logic people can't seem to get away from.

9. Allen Iverson - Consistency.  Bad motha.  Would be well above Williams, perhaps, if not for the possibilty of Williams being spectacular.

10. Paul Pierce - Well, the ring helped, and so does me being a homer.  I have no guilt putting him just a hair over the top 11-20.

You know what, I'll even do a speedy top 30 for you folks.

11.Dirk
12. Nash
13.Gilbert
14. Manu
15. Brand
16. Carmelo
17. McGrady 
18. Howard
18. Amare
20. Artest
21. Boozer
22. Gasol
23. Bosh
24. Baron
25. Ray Allen
26. Butler
27. Durant
28. Jefferson
29. Jamison
30. Kevin Martin/David West/Chandler/Iguodala/Marion/Kaman/Smith/Parker/Turkoglu/Billups/Johnson/Wallace/Miller/Roy/Carter/Wallace/Hamilton/Camby

*explodes*

Tooooooo much talent in this league...  Really really nuts to look at all those names.  I'm hoping Rajon could even show up in the top 50 next season.  I'd say he sniffed it last year.

Someone argue with me about my list to keep me busy :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:05:53 AM by phantom »

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
1) Lebron James
2) Chris Paul
3) Kevin Garnett
4) Paul Pierce
5) Kobe Bryant (if basketball was an individual sport, he'd be #2).
6) Steve Nash
7) Tim Duncan
8) Dwayne Wade
9) Deron Williams
10) Dirk Nowitzki