Author Topic: Top 10 NBA Players  (Read 22479 times)

Re: Top 10 NBA Players
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
My top 10 NBA players

1)LeBron James (Best overall player right now, dominates the court and difficult to guard)
2)Kobe Bryant(MVP last year and best 1 on 1 defender)
3)Tim Duncan (Champion)
4)Kevin Garnett(best defender on a great team and a hell of a leader)
5)Paul Pierce (wasn't on my top last year, but the Playoffs showed me he's a warrior and leader)
6)Chris Paul (Best Point Guard right now)
7)Dwyane Wade (still an elite scorer, watchout I think he can compete for MVP this year)
8)Dwight Howard (needs to get a post game though)
9)Deron Williams (CP3 and D-Will will go @ it for years)
10)Yao Ming (if healthy, 20ppg and 10rpg a night)

What you think?
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Why is everyone down on Dirk? The guy was MVP 12 months ago and could put up 30/10 a night.

How he doesn't make it onto every top 10 bewilders me.

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
Why is everyone down on Dirk? The guy was MVP 12 months ago and could put up 30/10 a night.

Because Dirk has not got out of the 1st round in 2 years, plus you have to question his leadership on the Mavs as well as his mental toughness. I like Dirk but to me, he's a 25/10 guy in the regular-season but fades in production and leadership come playoff time. (i.e Golden State)
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 10:18:05 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

his epic melt downs have alot to do with it. He's a taller T-mac.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 10:18:54 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Because you always forget someone.

On my list, I would put him ahead of Williams and bump off Yao.  

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 10:19:38 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

except he lead his team to the NBA Finals while T-Mac has never gotten out of the 1st round. 

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Because Dirk has not got out of the 1st round in 2 years, plus you have to question his leadership on the Mavs as well as his mental toughness. I like Dirk but to me, he's a 25/10 guy in the regular-season but fades in production and leadership come playoff time. (i.e Golden State)

Well Yao has never got out of the first round, nor has T-Mac and I see them on most people's lists. Dirk is without hesitation a top 10 player in the NBA. There's no doubt.

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 10:23:41 AM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney

Well Yao has never got out of the first round, nor has T-Mac and I see them on most people's lists. Dirk is without hesitation a top 10 player in the NBA. There's no doubt.

The difference between Yao and Dirk is that Yao isn't considered to be the leader of the Rockets. He's a very good 2nd option you can go to and get 20/10 from.

As for Dirk, you can't win 67 games in a season, win MVP and lose in the 1st round imo. He's good, but as THE leader of the Mavs, he needs the mental toughness and leadership that has his entire team playing to there potential. Dirk lacks that as leader, thus, he fades into a shell come playoffs
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 10:34:37 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

The difference between Yao and Dirk is that Yao isn't considered to be the leader of the Rockets. He's a very good 2nd option you can go to and get 20/10 from.

As for Dirk, you can't win 67 games in a season, win MVP and lose in the 1st round imo. He's good, but as THE leader of the Mavs, he needs the mental toughness and leadership that has his entire team playing to there potential. Dirk lacks that as leader, thus, he fades into a shell come playoffs

Lack of leadership is true to an extent, but not entirely.

There's no good reason to leave Dirk out of the top 10. He's a superstar and former MVP who carried his team to the Finals and if not for a once-in-a-lifetime performance from Dwyane Wade, he'd be an NBA champion.

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 10:36:06 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

There's no good reason to leave Dirk out of the top 10. He's a superstar and former MVP who carried his team to the Finals and if not for a once-in-a-lifetime performance from Dwyane Wade, he'd be an NBA champion.

There is another guy I forgot about, Wade.

But he can't get on the list till he can prove he can play like he did before for a whole season.

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

There is another guy I forgot about, Wade.

But he can't get on the list till he can prove he can play like he did before for a whole season.

Yeah, I was hesitant, but I'm not going to give up on him yet so I've got him on my list.

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 10:51:30 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
1) KG
2) LeBron
3) Duncan (I really go back-and-forth a lot on the order of the first 3)
4) Kobe
5) Dirk
6) Chris Paul
7) Wade (likely moves up if healthy)
8) Dwight Howard
9) Amare
10) Pierce/Ginobili/TMac (and about 5 others in the argument)

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

except he lead his team to the NBA Finals while T-Mac has never gotten out of the 1st round. 

and lost to what is, in my opnion, the worst NBA championship team, of the last 20 years, if not all time. I understand wade was a beast, they still should have beat that team handily despite him.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

and lost to what is, in my opnion, the worst NBA championship team, of the last 20 years, if not all time. I understand wade was a beast, they still should have beat that team handily despite him.

But along the way, they also beat the Spurs.  With Jason Terry and Howard as the next best players on the team. 

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 11:15:25 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

I guess people think he's a "Soft Euro".