Author Topic: USA vs. Germany  (Read 4643 times)

USA vs. Germany
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:00:35 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
United States: 106
Germany: 57

The score says it all, really, but I put together a game rundown anyway. You guys can check it out here.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: USA vs. Germany
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:04:26 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
These guys are really coming together, putting the US back way on top where they belong.  It's fun to see.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Apparently, Chris Kaman's dad was pretty disappointed that he played for Germany, and was openly routing for the United States.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
nice to see someone got to baby shaq and let him know he should be a beas under fiba rules.

don't knwo where that aggressiveness was for the first 4 games, he should be able to dominate anyone but yao.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 10:52:58 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
So it's USA v Australia in the quarters right? What a shame we have to face the dream team now instead of in a medal round. That said, if we can beat lithuania by 31 I can still hold some hope!  ;D

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:42:44 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Apparently, Chris Kaman's dad was pretty disappointed that he played for Germany, and was openly routing for the United States.

Routing?  Freudian slip there, bud?  Haha.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Routing?  Freudian slip there, bud?  Haha.

Haha.  Well, if the typographical shoe fits...

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i was too lazy to wake up that early and watch it but it looks as though the us will indeed get the gold this year.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 12:36:02 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Once Kobe joined I knew this team would be a monster, nice to show the world whose sport basketball still is. People were a little too excited after the USA lost the last olympics saying the difference between USA and other countries wasn't that big anymore. Send the right team, with a better coach, and the rest of the world simply can't compete.