Author Topic: raps and sixers.  (Read 2565 times)

raps and sixers.
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21

now that the raps got JO and sixers have brand. we not have a really tough division.

how much better do u guys think these two teams will be, and how will they fair against the Celts.

i feel already that this division has the best PF in the NBA: KG, Bosh, Brand, randolph (selfish, not team players)

Re: raps and sixers.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
First off, Bosh and Randolph don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as KG and Brand.

I expect Philly to finish second in the Atlantic and give us a lot of trouble when we play them.  If I was a betting man, I would guess we will split the season series with them.

Toronto, not so much.  I don't think they are that much better.  JO was over rated in his prime, and his prime he is far from.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 06:56:05 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
First off, Bosh and Randolph don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as KG and Brand.

I expect Philly to finish second in the Atlantic and give us a lot of trouble when we play them.  If I was a betting man, I would guess we will split the season series with them.

Toronto, not so much.  I don't think they are that much better.  JO was over rated in his prime, and his prime he is far from.

sorry about the randolph phrase with KG and Brand, was just trying to say that his style of play is just wasting his skills as a player.
as for bosh, i would not put him up there with KG, but he is one of the top PF in the league, and if JO stays healthy, they have the best big guy combination in our division.

but i do agree with u that the sixers will be tougher for us than the raps.
this division used to be the worst in the NBA, this yr will be much different

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I got Phily down as the second best team in the conference (Cavs third) and I have the Raptors at #6. No real change for the Raps, they've improved but only marginally and they have hands down the worst perimeter play of any playoff squad. They'll likely lose in the first round.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:17:46 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

I'd take that a step further and draw a serious distinction between the NBA's least desirable player (is anybody worse for a team than Z-Bo?) and Chris Bosh, a three-time All-Star and at 23 one of the game's best young stars.  He's certainly closer to the first two than he is to Zach.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 06:35:15 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

Why can't Bosh be mentioned in the same breath as Brand? 

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 06:50:22 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Why can't Bosh be mentioned in the same breath as Brand? 

Bosh is better than Brand.

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 09:55:29 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I've REALLY been impressed with Bosh's performance in the olympics.  He was untouted coming in, but he's been taking all Boozer's minutes and really asserting himself as a rebounder and finnisher.  He had a real nice game against Greece today.

People aren't so high on JO these days, but i think he's going to absolutely love playing with Jose Calderon as well as a big man who can do more than just grab rebounds and hustle (no knock on jeff foster, he just isn't comparable to Chris Bosh).  I won't go so far as to say he'll be an all star, but if he stays healthy that team will be able to run a half court set against any team in the league.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes