Author Topic: Ridnour to the Bucks?  (Read 3885 times)

Ridnour to the Bucks?
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
From http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Bucks guard Mo Williams could be headed to Cleveland as part of a three-team trade, with the Bucks targeting point guard Luke Ridnour of the Oklahoma City franchise, formerly the Seattle SuperSonics. NBA sources confirmed there have been discussions involving the three teams. Cleveland is searching for backcourt help to complement LeBron James, and Williams could fit the bill. But the point guard carries a hefty price tag with five years and $43 million remaining on the $51 million contract Williams signed with the Bucks prior to last season, when he was an unrestricted free agent. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

The Cavaliers have been unable to come to a contract agreement with point guard Delonte West, who is a restricted free agent this summer, and he could be part of the deal in a sign-and-trade, according to reports. Or Oklahoma City could receive former Bucks forward Joe Smith, who has an expiring contract and will be paid $4.8 million next season. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

The Bucks are interested in Ridnour, according to league sources. The 6-foot-2 guard from Oregon has played five seasons for the SuperSonics since being selected 14th overall in the 2003 draft. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Doesn't exactly say it but would Delonte be going back to Seattle/Oka? I heard he was exactly a big fan of that place the first time.

Re: Ridnour to the Bucks?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:09:42 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Here is your chance Ainge.  Get in there, make is a 4 way and steal West. 

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:28:30 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Here is your chance Ainge.  Get in there, make is a 4 way and steal West. 
They would have to trade someone though.  Who would you trade?  Scal and Pruitt?  Scal and BBD?

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I would hope not Big Baby maybe scal and one of the rookies..

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
West going to Oklahoma doesn't make a ton of sense to me.  They just drafted another PG, and still would have Watson as the backup.

I think the deal that would make the most sense for all teams involved would be something like

Cleveland gets Williams (plus possible cap filler from team X)
Milwaukee gets Ridnour
Oklahoma gets Eric Snow (expiring) and a draft pick from team X
Team X gets Delonte West

Now, I know what some of you are thinking...but I doubt team X would be Boston.  I don't think they would want to give as much money as Delonte wants.

Personally, I would like to see the C's get involved to somehow end up with Damien Wilkins in the deal.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 12:37:02 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I'm more worried about the Cavs picking up Mo Williams.  Underrated player who would shine with Lebron, make the Cavs an even more dangerous team.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'm more worried about the Cavs picking up Mo Williams.  Underrated player who would shine with Lebron, make the Cavs an even more dangerous team.

He would definitely improve them...although I am much more worried about them using their assets to improve themselves much more substantially.  If Williams is all they get for all of the expiring contracts they have, then I will be breathing a big sigh of relief.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 02:02:41 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
It would be ideal for the celtics to maybe get a backup SF and try to jump in this deal and get rid of SCAL

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
or someone like Sasha Pavlovic

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Delonte West is redundant on the Celtics unless we get rid of Eddie House, which isn't going to happen. His time here has come and gone as has most of the ex-Celtics who are no longer on this team.

I could see a team like Miami or Orlando getting involved and possibly becoming that team X though. West back to OKC makes little sense to me.

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
It looks like this deal is official, according to RealGM.com

The Milwaukee Bucks traded point guard Mo Williams to the Cavs in exchange for the expiring contracts of guard Damon Jones and forward Joe Smith.

As part of the deal, the Bucks will receive Jones and Oklahoma City point guard Luke Ridnour. Oklahoma City acquires Smith and Bucks forward Desmond Mason. Oklahoma City also will send swingman Adrian Griffin to the Bucks.

"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Kinda funny how Cleveland doesn't really want D West. He might have been their 2 best player after Lebron. They thru some good money to keep Booby G and they should paid West. No question he's a better player than B Gibson whom is more of a one dimensional shooter.