Author Topic: Haslem anyone?  (Read 4203 times)

Haslem anyone?
« on: August 08, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »

Offline therightreverend

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
realgm is claiming the heat are still trying to move him (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53932/20080808/heat_still_looking_to_deal_haslem/). How about Scal, Pruitt, and some cash/future 2nd round pick (whatever it takes to make the numbers work). I think Haslem would be a big up-grade over Scal and would be great to bring off the bench for the truth. This would open up another roster spot so we could sing Sam I am for the vet min to be our third string point or take a chance on Livingston. I doubt Riley would do this, especially because he probably hates the celtics but I wish he would. What are your thoughts? 

Re: Haslem anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 06:14:05 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
We have Big Baby and Powe.....

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »

Offline therightreverend

• Xavier Tillman
I'm suggesting he plays small forward, however, he could be used at power forward as well (and I think he is better then Powe and Baby).

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
realgm is claiming the heat are still trying to move him (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53932/20080808/heat_still_looking_to_deal_haslem/). How about Scal, Pruitt, and some cash/future 2nd round pick (whatever it takes to make the numbers work). I think Haslem would be a big up-grade over Scal and would be great to bring off the bench for the truth. This would open up another roster spot so we could sing Sam I am for the vet min to be our third string point or take a chance on Livingston. I doubt Riley would do this, especially because he probably hates the celtics but I wish he would. What are your thoughts? 

Sounds good to me. Any idea pertaining to get rid of worthless Scalabrine and upgrading
sounds good to me.  I don't know what the heck Danny Ainge is waiting for.

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 11:36:05 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'm suggesting he plays small forward, however, he could be used at power forward as well (and I think he is better then Powe and Baby).

not sure he's your prototypical 3... from what I've seen (and I didn't watch many heat games last year for obvious reasons) he's your classic bruiser of a 4, with solid post d, good rebounding, toughness, but not a ton of offensive skill
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 11:41:40 PM »

Offline Shaqzilla

• Xavier Tillman
He's good but we need a legit 7 footer with veteran experience to back up Perkins. O'Bryant isn't proven.

Leon Powe is already our Udonis Haslem!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 12:07:01 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Love to see it but why would Miami give away Haslem for pu-pu platter of Scal, Pruitt and a 2nd rounder. Gotta think they could do better than that.

Bet there looking for a 1 round pick.

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 12:54:45 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
They would want a 1st rounder, and we don't have one to give up. We need a legit SF and C. I'd hate to see Scal eating up any of the SF minutes outside of garbage time when we have a 40 point lead. And I don't want to see BBD,Powe, or KG trying to step down to play SF and watch players like LeBron dominate and score 60 on us and having one of them get hurt. I hope Danny has a master plan of some sort, cuz all this waiting is getting old.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 02:22:36 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Haslem is more of a gritty/though player with above average defense than a great defender. Decent jumpshot, good rebounder. I don't think he can be effective at the 3, or defend the perimeter, he's an undersized PF, although different from those we already have.

We don't have the assets to trade for him.

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 03:01:51 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Scal and Pruitt with a second rounder doesn't meet the CBA rules salary wise. Even if we added Big baby, it doesn't work. Haslem is definitely an upgrade over Powe/Davis at the PF slot, though.

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 07:07:37 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Someone had better email Tony Allen and tell him that he's been replaced in the "Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine and a second rounder for [quality NBA Player here]" trade.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.