Author Topic: Kobe also thinking europe  (Read 6371 times)

Re: Kobe also thinking europe
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 12:41:46 AM »

Offline blazingarrow

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 45
Remember this is the same guy who was threatening to sign with the Clippers not too long ago.

Take that for what it's worth, an empty threat.

Do you honestly think a multi-millionaire pro athlete is going to want to leave La La Land?

Think of the exposure and endorsement money he'd be giving up.

He'll "explore the possibility", and retire a Laker.

This is unless, of course, the Lakers meet the Celtics again in the Finals and get owned. Again. Then I bet Kobe can't get out of here fast enough.

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »

Offline celt4ever

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 2
money talk baby if get 1 year 40 to 50 million he will go to europe and then come back to la la land to sell more shirts

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 01:14:50 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Do European countries have an extradition treaty with the state of Colorado? 

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 03:05:46 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
First, neither he nor LeBron have been offered anything and $50 million for a cameo one year appearance is ridiculous. I can't see how a Euro team could ever make that money back.

Euro teams are not interested in making the money back. It doesn`t sound right but that`s the true. Europian owners use the teams for many reasons irrelevant to the sport itself. They don`t mind spending big money. Look at Abramovic for example...

I thik that we all have to agree that 50mil after taxes in one year are a big temptation. And it`s like they are going to play in Tajikistan. Europe is not that bad  ;D

Having said that i can`t see this happening. It seems more like an organised attack to salary cap

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Earl Boykins is currently the highest paid player in the Italian league that Kobe is threatening to go to.He will be making somewhere in the order of $3.5 million. Where Kobe thinks a $50 million a year offer is coming from is beyond me.

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 11:25:20 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Earl Boykins is currently the highest paid player in the Italian league that Kobe is threatening to go to.He will be making somewhere in the order of $3.5 million. Where Kobe thinks a $50 million a year offer is coming from is beyond me.

I don't think Kobe and Lebron looked at what players were actually making when they came up with this scheme. 

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »

Offline Fastbreak

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
TripleOT do you work for the Boston Hearald?  :D your comment is something that I would expect from them...There is enough info out there to indicate that the whole case was a scam (as far as criminal charges) and the local DA woke up in time to save himself from really looking like a fool...It wouldn't surprise to see Kobe in the Italian league at the end of his carreer (since he speaks the language)

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 02:11:51 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
TripleOT do you work for the Boston Hearald?  :D your comment is something that I would expect from them...There is enough info out there to indicate that the whole case was a scam (as far as criminal charges) and the local DA woke up in time to save himself from really looking like a fool...It wouldn't surprise to see Kobe in the Italian league at the end of his carreer (since he speaks the language)

I wish I could give you 10 tommy points for that post, Fastbreak. Excellent post.  This scam was nothing but a money grab for the "victim".  The jokes are pathetic and old.