Author Topic: Decision '09: Madden or NCAA?  (Read 8609 times)

Re: Decision '09: Madden or NCAA?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 11:52:11 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Read this NCAA 09 review and I guarantee you will wait for Madden.

http://www.crispygamer.com/gamereviews/2008-07-29/ncaa-football-09-xbox-360.aspx

alredy patched, his negatives don't exist anymore to a large extent.

patch dropped 3 days ago.

his only negitive that still exists, the fact that the o-line is overpowered, i disagree with him on. if you know what your doing, tis really not a problem to get to the QB. haven't played in a week thanks to my xbox, but even before the pacth, as auburn i was having no problems racking up 3-5 sacks a game, which seems pretty realstic.

also LOL at saying the kick off game is broken, it just follows the new regs. the reason you get so much space is that the NCAA changed the kickoff rules this year, and you kick from 5 yards farther back. this opens the distance till the inital  wave of tacklers meets the returner. most coaches predict the average start to drives will be somewhere around the 25-30, where you currently start in the game.

http://gohuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041307aaa.html

important line: Kickoffs will be made from the 30-yard line, like in the NFL, instead of the 35. That, Halpin said, should ensure more returns and shorter stoppages.

"It should create more opportunities for what the committee feels is one of the most exciting plays in a game, and we're not really sure, but it may increase scoring, too," he said

way to bash a game because you dont know about off season rules changes on the reviewers part. i give his review a 2/10, the only point he has is it sometimes is way to easy for good teams to hang ridiculous scores on bad teams do to the speed change, but it doesnt really show up when elite teams play.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 12:08:28 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The patch coming out so quickly is good news. I've read there are a few minor flaws in Madden, so hopefully they will have a patch that quickly also.

Speaking of the patch, I guess the next generation games are about useless you can go "live". The patch is not much use for someone who doesn't have high speed Internet. That does not apply to me, but I know many people that can not get affordable service where they live.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
The patch coming out so quickly is good news. I've read there are a few minor flaws in Madden, so hopefully they will have a patch that quickly also.

Speaking of the patch, I guess the next generation games are about useless you can go "live". The patch is not much use for someone who doesn't have high speed Internet. That does not apply to me, but I know many people that can not get affordable service where they live.

true that man, and ea is often guilty of it.

its like they go "nah, forget beta testing, the players will find all the bugs, and we'll patch it a month later, no need to pay extensive beta testers"

one of there other recent games and a ton of bugs at release too.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 09:56:02 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

true that man, and ea is often guilty of it.

its like they go "nah, forget beta testing, the players will find all the bugs, and we'll patch it a month later, no need to pay extensive beta testers"

one of there other recent games and a ton of bugs at release too.

Fly me to wherever they do the testing, pay for my room and meals, and I'll test the game for free.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Let's here from you Madden owners, i know that there must be a few of you out there this afternoon...

anyone that owns both already? i'd like to hear your input.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »

Online Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Just got Madden about 5 minutes ago. Can't wait to open it and play it.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 02:55:21 PM »

Offline bostoncelts0101

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
I usually rotate them, where I buy Madden, then college football the next year.  I have the PS3 and college football last year was just amazing.  I will probably get Madden this year, but everything about college was great.  I agree with the point where you can take a team like middle tennessee and make them into a good, ranked team.  But it's not as easy as it looks, the computer is good.

I heard the Madden game has a level where the computer will change skill levels according to your skill and playing skill.  That is awesome!

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I usually rotate them, where I buy Madden, then college football the next year.  I have the PS3 and college football last year was just amazing.  I will probably get Madden this year, but everything about college was great.  I agree with the point where you can take a team like middle tennessee and make them into a good, ranked team.  But it's not as easy as it looks, the computer is good.

I heard the Madden game has a level where the computer will change skill levels according to your skill and playing skill.  That is awesome!

anyone read the so called "super madden gamer" playing for 24 hours on espn.com?

the mullet turned on "1 madden mullagan" a game and tried to say he was a hard core franchise guy. just in his write up, he changed 3 back breaking picks into first downs.

If you play with takebacks on, your a tool. plain and simple.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3524296

he's getting destroyed for that one in comments lol.

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »

Offline Simey1055

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I got Madden today at lunch so I will be playing it later tonight.  My roommate and I buy it each year and we do a fantasy draft and play on the same team.  Madden is pretty much the only game that I buy at this point. 

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »

Offline 35Reggie

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
As great as the graphics are in NCAA, they're just a little better in Madden. That being said, I prefer the gameplay in NCAA this year. I have an xbox and the Madden seems to slow things down too much. It froze twice this morning already.