Author Topic: Hey Paul, the party's over. Time to get ready to defend the 'Ship  (Read 25460 times)

Re: Hey Paul, the party's over. Time to get ready to defend the 'Ship
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
I know the premise of this thread, but haven't really read any of the posts. What I do have a problem with is the title. It says to me that PP is goofing around when he should be working out and getting ready for training camp. First of all, we don't really know what PP is doing. Second, I read a comment from Ray Allen the other day that essentially is saying he's letting his body heal and doesn't really know how to go about getting ready for next season. The reason he's unsure what to do is that he's never played in a season like the past. The team played the equivalent of an extra quarter of a season, a game almost every other night, one day to get to LA, one day back from LA with plane problems that caused them to get back much later than expected and at a different airport from where they left and with a big game the next day. (maybe had to go to that other airport to pick up cars?). I think you get the drift. None of these players has been thru this experience before (I think KG went to the finals once--don't know how many games were played). So we shouldn't be making assumptions as to what any player is or should be doing this off season. To me they should get their bodies healed and then start to get ready for next year. Also maybe more time away from basketball is best for the mental aspect. I don't expect them to get off to a great start because of what they went thru physically and mentally (last year they actually started training as a team after labor day, a month before training camp). I expect them to lose more than 16 games. And I expect them to be competitive to defend their title when the time comes.

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2008, 09:00:21 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

PP showing us though there is no I in team, there is one in Pierce.... (plus what kind of voodoo abilities does he have to make random words appear...perhaps he's a witch too!)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 10:43:55 PM by cdif911 »
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I would like to provide an update that will hopefully calm everyone down.  On the Mike&Mike show om ESPN this morning, Paul confirmed that he really was hurt (not injured) when they took him off the court in Game 1 in a wheelchair.  He was not faking it.  He said he was hurt but not so bad that he couldn't play.  After the Finals, he had to rest the knee, and he said he only got back onto the basketball court about a week ago.

So maybe he was partying (no one can blame him after winning an NBA championship) but he was also giving that knee a good long rest.

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2008, 05:54:29 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
well I'm glad this thread died...wait oops
When you love life, life loves you right back