Author Topic: Hey Paul, the party's over. Time to get ready to defend the 'Ship  (Read 25464 times)

Re: Hey Paul, the party's over. Time to get ready to defend the 'Ship
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2008, 03:59:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
geez louise. i cant believe this thread is still going. it must be a pretty slow off season for something such as this to reach 6 pages!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:02:49 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2008, 04:04:32 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
geez louise. i can believe this thread is still going. it must be a pretty slow off season for something such as this to reach 6 pages!!!

we're trying to break a record for longest thread where nothing useful happens... I think we're doing well
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2008, 04:40:11 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
6 pages.....geez.....  Paul's drinking, etc doesn't bother me as long as he wasn't drunk - and he wasn't as per the tests.

But, the thing that bothers me more than anything is the handcuffs.    Is that appropriate for just getting stopped?  Or do cops do it if the person is belligerant?  I'd like to know what the LV cops had to say as to why they cuffed him.

I just did a quick search and found this quote - Bill Cassell, public information officer for the Metropolitan Police Department, said he did not have the details about why Pierce was cuffed but said it often happens when "an individual is loudly hostile." http://www.lvrj.com/news/26235529.html

PP's situation may have nothing to do about it because I was not there.  But, I am sensitive to athletes acting like they're better than the rest of us and getting away with murder all the time.  At least that's my perception.

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2008, 06:13:28 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
P2 is a grown man, and you need to act like grown man aswell.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2008, 06:26:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

grown men dont take their fiancee out to dinner and have a glass of wine in your world?

sounds like a pretty crappy place to me.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
6 pages.....geez.....  Paul's drinking, etc doesn't bother me as long as he wasn't drunk - and he wasn't as per the tests.

But, the thing that bothers me more than anything is the handcuffs.    Is that appropriate for just getting stopped?  Or do cops do it if the person is belligerant?  I'd like to know what the LV cops had to say as to why they cuffed him.

I just did a quick search and found this quote - Bill Cassell, public information officer for the Metropolitan Police Department, said he did not have the details about why Pierce was cuffed but said it often happens when "an individual is loudly hostile." http://www.lvrj.com/news/26235529.html

PP's situation may have nothing to do about it because I was not there.  But, I am sensitive to athletes acting like they're better than the rest of us and getting away with murder all the time.  At least that's my perception.

God forbid if an innocent person gets a bit loud when being hassled by the cops. 

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

im going to say this, without knowledge and in no way am i saying this was the reason, but it could be possible paul was racially profiled.  black guy with a nice car late at night.  he wasnt drunk so i can understand his being upset and getting loud with the officers if he felt he was racially profiled, frankly i wouldnt blame him.

« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Paul Pierce says "hell, no, the party's not over!"

Fix Restaurant & Bar at Bellagio satisfied a late night fix for some of the sports world's top athletes.  Dining together: Toronto Raptors stand-out Jermaine O'Neal taking shots of Tequila alongside Boston Celtics' Paul Pierce. 

Link.

;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2008, 07:50:12 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Get real man, why else would you want to be rich? If you're not into women and boozin' like most people under the age of 50 with some coin that's your call, let's the let the champ roll like a champ and give him nothing but love, biggy ups to P2!
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Paul Pierce says "hell, no, the party's not over!"

Fix Restaurant & Bar at Bellagio satisfied a late night fix for some of the sports world's top athletes.  Dining together: Toronto Raptors stand-out Jermaine O'Neal taking shots of Tequila alongside Boston Celtics' Paul Pierce. 

Link.

;)

paul attempting to mess up an atlantic division rival.....BRILLIANT!

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

paul attempting to mess up an atlantic division rival.....BRILLIANT!

Haha.  I was thinking the same thing.  Jermaine O'Neal is having tequila shots!  The Raptors season is ruined! ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2008, 08:04:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Watch out Warren, PP is gunning for your title:

(the only reason I know this exists is in Vegas a year back me and the lady friend walked through the ghetto, from the strip to old vegas (fremont st.) at about 11 at night and passed this, along with plenty of payday check cashing places, tattoo parlors, and drive thru wedding places... I have a tendency to walk through the worst parts of places I visit - last trip in Vancouver went through Hastings st. if you've been there, you know how bad it is)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

grown men dont take their fiancee out to dinner and have a glass of wine in your world?

sounds like a pretty crappy place to me.

i agree, i'd be glad to take his fiancee out to dinner and have a glass of wine.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »

Offline TruthSerum

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
It sounds very much like Paul Pierce was hassled for driving while Black -- and the reason this thread continues is because he's so compelling in so many ways. At first I thought this thread was inane, but I'm glad somebody spoke up about the racial profiling that seems to be the reason he got pulled over. Who signals before changing lanes in the early hours of the morning when there's no other cars around? Folks who pay attention may have noticed that cops can be jerks, and that's being polite.

Paul Pierce takes his captainship seriously -- not just for the Celtics -- and that is so obvious I don't feel the need to explain why. If he honestly regards himself as the best basketball player in the world, why would anybody feel the need to argue? To put him in his place? To give him a dose of reality? Tell me, WHO is more real than The Truth?

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2008, 10:10:05 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Well it looks like when Pierce isn't out partying and causing trouble, he likes to vandalize private property.  Take your graffiti elsewhere trouble-maker!!

http://www.lasplash.com/uploads/2/LA_Stars_Charity-28_1.jpg