Author Topic: Lebron says he would play for Europe for 50 mill  (Read 17455 times)

Re: Lebron says he would play for Europe for 50 mill
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2008, 08:34:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
could that really happen?  Global icon?  wow... wild

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2008, 10:29:08 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
could that really happen?  Global icon?  wow... wild

be interesting, certainly send the NBA into fits trying to do a world wide league.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2008, 10:30:35 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I could see this happening, but you do have to see the overall picture. Basketball is not the #1 sport in the world. Soccer would be the overall dominate with the majority of countries. With LeBron and whoever else going over seas to get paid and spread the NBA game over there, who knows what could be said about basketball world wide then. Plus David Stern has made it clear that there is a goal to push the NBA into Europe and maybe one day having a Euro division or at least a team. I like the idea, if it meant keeping our stars in our league. I don't mind waking up early or staying up late to watch my fav players play. But I think it would be hard to get European teams to agree to it most likely.
Can't stop, Rondo!