Author Topic: Jamaal Tinsley available  (Read 8743 times)

Jamaal Tinsley available
« on: August 05, 2008, 02:12:44 PM »

Offline reardenmetal

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Got Game?
The Pacers want to find a home for J. Tinsley. They are looking for in exchange a backup/co-starter type PF to play along side Troy Murphy. Tinsley is not priced much higher than the Celts current available midlevel. What can we work out for JT who would be an ideal sixth man?

Re: Jamaal Tinsley available
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »

Offline WelcomeToRondoism

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 7
Not a good idea.  Pierce and Tinsley don't get along very well.  Remember the playoff series when Tinsley whacked Paul in the jaw and got a no call.  It was the infamous bandaged-wrapped head press conference.  I have seen the two go at it one more than one occasion.  Tinsley is a classless punk in my opinion.
Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 02:28:43 PM »

Offline celticsfan34

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 32
Not a good idea.  Pierce and Tinsley don't get along very well.  Remember the playoff series when Tinsley whacked Paul in the jaw and got a no call.  It was the infamous bandaged-wrapped head press conference.  I have seen the two go at it one more than one occasion.  Tinsley is a classless punk in my opinion.

Tinsley's a classless punk because he got into it with Pierce? Just like plenty of other players have?

I suppose everytime KG's gotten into it that KG was prince charming and the others involved were classless punks too.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »

Offline WelcomeToRondoism

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 7
I live in Indiana, so I have had quite a bit of exposure to Tinsley.  He is a punk to a lot of people, not just Pierce.  Not to mention, he is just not really that good.  He is a streaky shooter, but it seems his cold streaks far outnumber his hot streaks.  From watching him, he just seems like a "me first" sort of guy.
Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Unless he's available to mop the court, or available to usher people to their seats... I'm not interested.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

Offline 86 Celtics

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Unless he's available to mop the court, or available to usher people to their seats... I'm not interested.

My sentiments exactly!
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Wait, this is "news"?  Tinsley's been available since about ten minutes after he signed that ridiculous contract.  The reason he's STILL available is that no one will give Indiana ANYTHING for him.  Bird would take a ham sandwich for Tinsley at this point - hell, I bet you could talk him into a week-old egg salad if you'd just get him out of there. 

Tinsley's not that good.  He's a punk.  His coaches and teammates seem to hate him.  He's been involved in about two-dozen off-court incidents (and not little things like Pierce's lane violation). 

What would he do here besides pout about not starting?

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 03:17:50 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I mean he's OK, but we have House and I think he actually can do a decent enough job filling in at point... I see Rondo playing more minutes this year with House along side for some of that time. I think this is the year Rondo makes the leap...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
 Bird would take a ham sandwich for Tinsley

What about a guy that could eat a thousand ham sandwiches?

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 03:47:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Why would you pay Tinsley $21.5mil for three years and not pay Posey for $24mil for four years?

Because the risk is less? The man who has only played over 52 games once in the past five years?

He's not a possibility. Too risky with too much length left on his contract.

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 03:54:43 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
when he is bought out he will be considered, but not at his current contract.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 03:58:42 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
The best deal that Indiana could possibly hope for would be something like Tinsley straight-up for Mark Blount.  I think that deal actually works under the cap.  Maybe a second-rounder going one way or the other.  Two unwanted players making too much money that no one wants to count on.  *If* healthy, Miami could use some help at the point, especially if they don't bring back J-Will.  

But, no one wants to touch Tinsley in large part because of that third year he still has, his contract extends beyond that magic summer of 2010.  If it were JUST two years left, he might be dealable, since so many teams just want to clear space for that summer.

EDIT: If Indiana's looking for a fringe-starter type player, good luck!  No one's going to give them anything of value at all for Tinsley, in large part because I don't think people believe Bird when he says he won't buy Tinsley out.  The question I have - with Jamaal's reputation around the league, how much interest would he generate even at the veteran's minimum?  I mean, the guy's got talent, but he's been First-Team All-Knucklehead every year he's been in the League.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:06:04 PM by the_Bird »

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 04:47:33 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
"Topic: Jamaal Tinsley available"

He sure is.

...I think that about sums up the discussion about him ;)

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 10:25:11 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Indiana and Bird will end up giving up and selling him for drafts picks and expiring contracts. There's no team out there in need of a streaky shoot 1st, pass 2nd PG with an attitude. We definitely don't need him. I'd rather see Cassell resign and have more time to bond with the team and learn the plays, along with help with the development of Rondo's jump shot and Pruitt's over all game.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 11:57:09 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Someone actually named a thread "mission impossible: trade Jamal Tinsley"

(You can read it for yourself.)

There are still 5 TPs to be had for a decent trade proposal involving Jamal Tinsley. It has to be better than Tinsley for Blount.