Author Topic: What's the new depth chart? Who's our sixth starter?  (Read 1784 times)

What's the new depth chart? Who's our sixth starter?
« on: August 05, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »

Offline reardenmetal

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Got Game?
What the new depth chart? I mean does anyone have a real handle on who the relief is behind the starters, given the evolution of the roster? I'm particularly curious about our rotation at the SG and SF positions??? Who will be subbing for Ray, and I don't mean Pierce sliding over to the 2guard spot when Allen is on the bench? And now that Posey is gone, who is the sixth man? Who subs for Pierce?

Re: What's the new depth chart? Who's our sixth starter?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Tony Allen will get more minutes this year, playing both the SG and SF spot. It's really hard to guarantee anything this early before training camp/preseason b/c nobody knows how our rookies(if ever signed) will pan out. Maybe Giddens or Bill Walker will brought out and be amazing and eat up minutes at those 2 positions...but to speak literally, I'd say we'll end up signing 1 more free agent to take 10-15 mins a game while Pierce sits and Giddens/Walker will take the garbage time in the 4th. Unfortunately(IMO) there's still Scalabrine on our books at the SF position. But having him play there would be a disaster against nearly every teams' SF from Lebron to Odom. I doubt our holes will be filled before December, but so far I think we need another actual C(theo ratliff) and an actual fast SF(Darius Miles)
Can't stop, Rondo!